Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #1
pbclax1

Drives: Car
New hood tweaks

Was hoping you guys can help out. Just put on a new carbon fiber hood from carbon creations. It fits pretty well but I need to do some minor tweaking that I can't seem to figure out. When looking from the side above the wheels the hood is taller than the fender. It almost looks like it curves. The back near the windshield is actually down below the fender while the front in relation to the bumper and fender is pretty flush. I've messed with it a good bit and can't seem to find the solution. Any tips?
pbclax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
This can't be fixed by simple adjustments as part likely came out molded this way. This is all too common of an issue with fiberglass hoods which are made with polyester resins. Yours likely is all epoxy resins if it's an all cf product or epoxy over poly if it's just a cf overlay product.

This would be pretty tricky to pull off;;;; shim rear of hood up to desired height, then you'd need to carefully heat up from both sides with heat gun and/ or small electric blower heater, particularly the underneath without overheating material in the area that needs to push down, then weigh down the area that needs to drop & let it set.

This is all I can see to do without bodywork . On fiberglass hoods with too proud of a curvature in the centers , sometimes relief cuts & relaying material over brace area is method used.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote