Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #127
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
While growing up and becoming a car guy in Louisiana in the '60s, the highway dept. (unofficially) paved a ~1/4 mile section of the then-new I-20 in a darker color to entice racers off the street and out onto the freeway. It worked.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:57 AM   #128
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
At least I dont see anyone talking about banning Camaros because some Ahole killed people with one.
Maybe we should ban black Camaros with semi auto transmissions.
I prefer a "common sense" approach more like a 10 day waiting period and background check before you can buy these "death machines", showing ID every time you want to refill it, and closing the "used car loophole". So may people are buying these cars for others with strawman purchases and/or just off the streets, garages and alleys of America instead of thru dealers.

All these ideas should really cut down on the road violence we have witnessed....
Old 02-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #129
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Do people really believe this?
Being from NJ, there is truth to the police harassment. I purchased my GTO in 2008 when I was 23; a week into owning my GTO a State Trooper puledl a U-turn on RT. 38 and pulled me over. The reason for stopping me was he didn't believe I could own the vehicle.

I've been pulled over 3 times in the same night on the same road! I swear they were radioing each other to f*ck with me because I was nervous at the time.

Anywho I've had plenty of moments of asshole cops in NJ but I'll save that rant for another thread. Not saying all cops suck, but NJ is a special type of asshole.

Last edited by Wobble Goat; 02-25-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:02 AM   #130
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I prefer a "common sense" approach more like a 10 day waiting period and background check before you can buy these "death machines", showing ID every time you want to refill it, and closing the "used car loophole". So may people are buying these cars for others with strawman purchases and/or just off the streets, garages and alleys of America instead of thru dealers.

All these ideas should really cut down on the road violence we have witnessed....
I think Russia tried that a few years ago Comrade. When everyone drove a Lada.

I do hope your joking about most of your comments. We don’t need more government regulations.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:02 AM   #131
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Not sure about that. I'm confident that a majority of the cars used in "street takeovers" are stolen. Every assclown that participates in that sh*t should be locked up.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #132
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble Goat View Post
Being from NJ, there is truth to the police harassment. I purchased my GTO in 2008 when I was 23; a week into owning my GTO a State Trooper pull a U-turn on RT. 38 and pull me over. The reason for stopping me was he didn't believe I could own the vehicle.

I've been pulled over 3 times in the same night on the same road! I swear they were radioing each other to f*ck with me because I was nervous at the time.

Anywho I've had plenty of moments of asshole cops in NJ but I'll save that rant for another thread. Not saying all cops suck, but NJ is a special type of asshole.
Considering all he had to do was radio your tag in while driving behind you to see if it's registered/no warrants/not reported stolen, and then if it's clean leave you alone, I'd have called him out on it then talk to my own police friends about the guy.

It pays to be friends with a cop or two.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #133
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post

I do hope your joking about most of your comments. We don’t need more government regulations.
President Reagan on buying a car in Russia:

Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:58 PM   #134
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post

Uhhh... ya. The logic will work about as good on cars as it will on guns.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:46 AM   #135
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:

You left out one;

Mandatory buy backs of pedestrian killing driving machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Considering all he had to do was radio your tag in while driving behind you to see if it's registered/no warrants/not reported stolen, and then if it's clean leave you alone, I'd have called him out on it then talk to my own police friends about the guy.

It pays to be friends with a cop or two.
When I was much younger & had my ‘80 TA I worked at a processing plant in IA. I, immediately after they passed their draconian seat belt law, was on may way home from a typical 14hr shift when state boi yanked me for not wearing one. What ensued was a 30 min game of “What are you doing in IA? Do you have any warrants? Is this car stolen? Has this VIN been tampered with? What’s your mothers maiden name?” On & on kinda BS.

He ended up giving me a seat belt ticket after it was all said & done. The reality stuck in my mind that it was purely a harassment deal because 90% of what he asked me was verifiable by a simple plate & license check. The fact of the matter was simply because I didn’t have a seat belt on gave him “legal” probable cause to screw with me.

The reality was I was simply a young man that had worked his ass off from the age of 14yrs old, left home at the age of 17, had always lived a simple life trying to make my own way, & being self reliant, was being blatantly harassed by some dick with a superiority complex because the “law” gave him the “legal” ability to do so.

Yet people here applaud more draconian BS to the point it’s entirely nauseating, but then they stammer for “Legal reform”.

Really? It’s mind boggling the mental gymnastics people do to justify their messed up perspectives.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:42 AM   #136
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
This is why street racing is just a bad deal these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Sandy Hook happened with stolen guns and a mentally ill person behind the trigger. Stealing guns is illegal and obtaining a gun when mentally unstable is illegal. What would you have done differently to restrict gun ownership to have prevented the tragedy to have happened when the events leading up to the tragedy were already illegal. Keep "common sense" restrictions away from constitutional freedoms.

Stole the guns from his mom. Stricter laws on proper gun storage as to not let your mentally ill son access to them. Should she been able to own them. Law says yes but history says no.

The kid had a history of violence. Those should’ve been in a safe locked up and better laws could have possibly prevented that.

I am a firm believer in the second amendment but the world was a different place when it was written. Should it be removed? Absolutely not but my opinion is better (not necessarily stricter) laws should be looked into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #137
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Stole the guns from his mom. Stricter laws on proper gun storage as to not let your mentally ill son access to them. Should she been able to own them. Law says yes but history says no.

The kid had a history of violence. Those should’ve been in a safe locked up and better laws could have possibly prevented that.

I am a firm believer in the second amendment but the world was a different place when it was written. Should it be removed? Absolutely not but my opinion is better (not necessarily stricter) laws should be looked into.

No sure about that state but in mine there are laws that tell me I have to keep my firearms locked up - More detail than that but that is the gist of it.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #138
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post

But, if the guy stole his mom's car and mowed kids down on the sidewalk it would of a tragic event. No one would require the car keys to be locked in a safe. And, even though events like that have occurred, not one soul is advocating for it.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #139
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
No sure about that state but in mine there are laws that tell me I have to keep my firearms locked up - More detail than that but that is the gist of it.
DC v Heller stated that was an unacceptable infringement on your 2A rights.

Plus, in the case involved, they were. He took the key when he murdered his mom.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #140
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
DC v Heller stated that was an unacceptable infringement on your 2A rights.

Plus, in the case involved, they were. He took the key when he murdered his mom.
Fair enough and true, I just have to make sure a minor cannot obtain and use the weapon or it is "my fault". Locked up is the "easiest" way, but as you stated, there are ways around that...
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote