Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #99
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
M6 SS 1LE > auto anything.
Do not disagree
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #100
Wrecks24

Drives: Camaro LT1
Quote:
Dude, I'm sure you got a deal on your LT1. Hopefully you're enjoying it. It's a great bang for your buck deal and there's absolutely nothing wrong with owning one.

Having said that, don't delude yourself. It's cheaper for a reason, because it is an inferior product compared to any SS level.

A bigger screen is superior, period. Better tires are exactly that, better. 305 tires on a performance car are superior in every way to 245s, period.

You're correct on the suspension. MRC is stock on my 1LE, but not on the SS or the LT1.

BTW, newsflash. On a performance car, track equipment matters, unless you're a one trick pony and all you're going to do is run 1/4 miles, it matters and it makes for a.....pause......superior car due to superior handling.

If you want to get your panties in a wad, feel free. I'll say it again, nothing at all wrong with an LT1, it might be the best deal on a V8 muscle car out there, but it's not on par with an SS, other than in one single dimension, straight line acceleration, and it's not on par there either unless you buy new tires.

“Superior” is subjective. I went with the LT1, because thats what I wanted. To me it was “Superior” because it had what I wanted and nothing I didn’t. I didn’t buy it because it was cheaper...lol. I so poor that a couple grand would put me on the street...lol. To me, more tech equals more potential problems. The ONLY thing I want would be wider tires and that is an easy fix. And them I don't want SS rims. I would take 1LE rims, but not SS. So take your superior complex somewhere else and enjoy your 1” bigger screen.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:15 AM   #101
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Dude, I'm sure you got a deal on your LT1. Hopefully you're enjoying it. It's a great bang for your buck deal and there's absolutely nothing wrong with owning one.
In the mean time, it isn't an "inferior product" compared to anything. It does exactly what it's designed to do.

Quote:
Having said that, don't delude yourself. It's cheaper for a reason, because it is an inferior product compared to any SS level.
Steve Perry has a song about this....

Quote:
You're correct on the suspension. MRC is stock on my 1LE, but not on the SS or the LT1.
I'd bet the farm it's never been the parking lot of a track, let alone raced on one... IMO, that's a waste of money, but, hey, it isn't my money and it floats your boat. Congrats!

Quote:
BTW, newsflash. On a performance car, track equipment matters, unless you're a one trick pony and all you're going to do is run 1/4 miles, it matters and it makes for a.....pause......superior car due to superior handling.
No, you need track equipment on a track car. I do not need a 1LE to dodge potholes and stray dogs. If you never track the car it's kinda like being a millionaire on a deserted island, huh?

Quote:
If you want to get your panties in a wad, feel free. I'll say it again, nothing at all wrong with an LT1, it might be the best deal on a V8 muscle car out there, but it's not on par with an SS, other than in one single dimension, straight line acceleration, and it's not on par there either unless you buy new tires.
No one is getting their knicker in a twist, except you. It's the same car as a SS less three main differences.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #102
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
In the mean time, it isn't an "inferior product" compared to anything. It does exactly what it's designed to do.

Steve Perry has a song about this....

I'd bet the farm it's never been the parking lot of a track, let alone raced on one... IMO, that's a waste of money, but, hey, it isn't my money and it floats your boat. Congrats!

No, you need track equipment on a track car. I do not need a 1LE to dodge potholes and stray dogs. If you never track the car it's kinda like being a millionaire on a deserted island, huh?

No one is getting their knicker in a twist, except you. It's the same car as a SS less three main differences.
You would be right. I don't track my 1LE, it's my DD. I don't see it as a waste. I could have paid $40K and purchased a 1SS, or I could have paid $40K and purchased a 1SS 1LE. The choice was obvious, for me.

I agree with that last statement. It is the 'same car' as the SS less some major differences. However, that's not the tune you were singing earlier. Then you were basically slamming SS owners by implying they paid more for a car that is no different from a LT1, which is clearly false.

Yes, as a performance car, it's inferior. The SS 1LE will do anything an LT1 will do, and many things it won't do. So while the LT1 is performing just as it was designed to perform, that level of performance is lower than what an SS will do. Period.

Poorer handling, poorer braking. Those are important aspects of a performance car.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #103
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Better seats, better touchscreen, better tires, better suspension. Maybe that’s why some think the SS is ‘somehow superior’ because it is.
I’ll give you the better tires but that implies you actually keep the factory rims/tires on your car?

seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #104
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks24 View Post
“Superior” is subjective. I went with the LT1, because thats what I wanted. To me it was “Superior” because it had what I wanted and nothing I didn’t. I didn’t buy it because it was cheaper...lol. I so poor that a couple grand would put me on the street...lol. To me, more tech equals more potential problems. The ONLY thing I want would be wider tires and that is an easy fix. And them I don't want SS rims. I would take 1LE rims, but not SS. So take your superior complex somewhere else and enjoy your 1” bigger screen.
Really? Which is superior performance, pulling 1.10 g on a skidpad, or less than a g?

Which is superior performance in braking 60-0 in 117 feet, or 60-0 in >117 feet?

I don't believe the answer to those questions is subjective.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #105
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I’ll give you the better tires but that implies you actually keep the factory rims/tires on your car?

I see no reason to replace my forged aluminum 1LE rims. OTH, yeah, I've replaced the OEM's multiple times now.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #106
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
The SS 1LE will do anything an LT1 will do, and many things it won't do. So while the LT1 is performing just as it was designed to perform, that level of performance is lower than what an SS will do. Period.

Poorer handling, poorer braking. Those are important aspects of a performance car.
Hey, if you need a track car to whip in those tight parking spots over at the Moose Lodge on bingo night, I'm cool with it. No need to convince me. I know those little old ladies are pretty competitive.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #107
Staves

Drives: women crazy
The SS1LE is a complete waste unless you track your car. On the streets, you’ll notice no difference. I personally think the huge rear tires on the 1LE are also a waste for the street and look overkill.

A $30k LT1 makes sense +$1k or less for better tires. Don’t know why anyone is claiming better seats in the SS bs LT1. They are exactly the same if you have the stock clothe ones Anything more and SS all the way.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:51 AM   #108
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Hey, if you need a track car to whip in those tight parking spots over at the Moose Lodge on bingo night, I'm cool with it. No need to convince me. I know those little old ladies are pretty competitive.
LOL, yep, Bingo night. The highlight of my week.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #109
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
The SS1LE is a complete waste unless you track your car. On the streets, you’ll notice no difference. I personally think the huge rear tires on the 1LE are also a waste for the street and look overkill.

A $30k LT1 makes sense +$1k or less for better tires. Don’t know why anyone is claiming better seats in the SS bs LT1. They are exactly the same if you have the stock clothe ones Anything more and SS all the way.
You know this how? You own an SS 1LE and previously owned an SS?

I did. I went from a 2016 1SS to a 2018 1SS 1LE, and I immediately noticed the difference in handling. It was night and day. The SS did not have MRC, but that comes stock on the 1LE. It's not available at all on the LT1.

I happen to like the big tires front and back. In fact I've already moved to 285s up front and when I buy my next set I'm going with at least 315s in the back.

Last edited by Wyzz Kydd; 02-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #110
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Funny! I just don't understand all the fuss between the versions. Of course 1LEs will handle a little better on the street and might be a tad more fun on the right road but you pay for that with extra weight, complexity, and $$. And nothing wrong with buying a 1LE for just that purpose. It is your $$ and your choice. The 1LE is a very comfortable driving car (like my ZL1 was) and an animal on the track capable of crushing much more expensive cars. So enjoy it everywhere!

But when it comes to comparing the 1SS to the LT1 the difference is less. on the same tires, except for the slightly better balanced braking with Brembos all around, on the same tires, They will handle exactly the same. I had a loaded 2016 2SS and I can say the lighter LT1 feels a little more tossable. But without comparing them back to back, I cannot say for sure that is true.

As for screen size, perhaps we can all agree too big can be less comfortable and most pants don't really give you all the room you need. OOPs! I forgot what we were talking about. I do agree the 8" screen is a little better than a 7" but the difference is only slight.

And my opinion is at $900, The LT1 bose option, is too much to pay for a 1" bigger screen. But you get the latest Bose system. I have had many cars and to me this Bose in my LT1 sounds better than my 2 previous Boses and any other car I have owned. But then I think many of you have owned more expensive cars with better sounding systems. I suppose that $900 could have paid for a better sounding system. But then to do a build that cheap I would have to install it myself. So know I am happy with my choice and I did get the larger screen which I do prefer.

As for me I have never seen a gen 6 Camaro I dtd not like, and even with the T-I4s and the V6es you are getting a heck of a performance car for the $$. We all are winners in the perfomance car lottery.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #111
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
You know this how? You own an SS 1LE and previously owned an SS?

I did. I went from a 2016 1SS to a 2018 1SS 1LE, and I immediately noticed the difference in handling. It was night and day. The SS did not have MRC, but that comes stock on the 1LE. It's not available at all on the LT1.

I happen to like the big tires front and back. In fact I've already moved to 285s up front and when I buy my next set I'm going with at least 315s in the back.
Night and day, LOL. I’m sure it was.
I test drove a 1SS 1LE before I bought my 1SS. $7k upcharge for no difference I could feel. Glad you like yours. But fortunately the SS handles awesome for me on the street.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #112
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
I see no reason to replace my forged aluminum 1LE rims. OTH, yeah, I've replaced the OEM's multiple times now.
I missed you have a 1LE. In that case, you have the one factory wheel I wouldn’t toss day 1 on Craigslist to the highest bidder. Even though, my LT1 has everything you mentioned. I have the same Recaro seats you have, 8” touchscreen too, 1SS suspension. 1LE front brakes are an option but since I only do caveman 1/4 mile racing, I’m ok with the stock setup.

All of your points are valid. The 1LE is by far the more track capable vehicle. The only performance options available on the SS but not the LT1 is the Track Cooling Package, Magnetic Ride Control, and rear Brembos. Everything else is available as an option a la carte, it’s just not standard. Same applies for most interior bits.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote