Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
Jake90195

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
New clutch?

Hey guys! I finally upgraded to a V8 LS3 camaro after I sold my v6! I've been modifying this girl for track season and was wondering upon a concerning question

For starters I'm running a ported throttle (102 mm) body, cold air intake , BBK headers with the cats deleted and a catback exhaust system(was installed before I added headers and deleted the cats) with cold air intake. I'm about to install a zex nos system from phasteck (most parts I order are from them) and was wondering with the tune I will be getting after I install the NOS and force it and with the few HP and tourque upgrades, would I have to replace the clutch with a better aftermarket one?

Odd question but just curious. And if so, what kind of upgraded clutch would you guys recommend?
Jake90195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
We have close builds, I have a cam, and also just added nos... small kit for street use. I did a lot of reading last fall and decided on a spec stage 2 clutch with billet steel flywheel. I put it in last September, got about 2 months of driving with it. I love it, it grabs..smooth but defined. After swapping I realised how crappy the stock clutch really is. I also got the monster billet bearing support, idealgarage m.c., Wilwood resivour and tick speed bleeder.
Attached Images

2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Jake90195

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
We have close builds, I have a cam, and also just added nos... small kit for street use. I did a lot of reading last fall and decided on a spec stage 2 clutch with billet steel flywheel. I put it in last September, got about 2 months of driving with it. I love it, it grabs..smooth but defined. After swapping I realised how crappy the stock clutch really is. I also got the monster billet bearing support, idealgarage m.c., Wilwood resivour and tick speed bleeder.
Nice build man thanks for the info I will have to look into those! Wouldn't want to blow the stock clutch with the extra tourqe And power! And your right the stock clutch is not the best on these cars. GM does good builds but it seems they will save a dime on any part in these cars
Jake90195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
Devcon 7

Drives: 15 camaro
Go with a monster or rxt
Devcon 7 is offline   Reply With Quote