Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 11-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #323
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Whats even funnier is that these guys are soo happy about the 18 GT, yet if it really is a 12 flat then that makes it faster than the GT350R for much less money. What does that tell you about the R which has 66 more HP, 6 more TQ, weighs less, and costs more? You what it isn't faster than? Yup, the ZL1, lol!! So the halo Mustang that these guys have been defending and praising since 2015 got matched by the SS 1LE, obliterated by the ZL1, can't even compare it to the ZL1 1LE, and now (if we're to go by LMR's time) is slower than even the GT?? LOL!! I think the S550 so far is nothing short of a complete disaster. Ford should just ride this one out and get their shit together for the next gen.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #324
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Whats even funnier is that these guys are soo happy about the 18 GT, yet if it really is a 12 flat then that makes it faster than the GT350R for much less money. What does that tell you about the R which has 66 more HP, 6 more TQ, weighs less, and costs more? You what it isn't faster than? Yup, the ZL1, lol!! So the halo Mustang that these guys have been defending and praising since 2015 got matched by the SS 1LE, obliterated by the ZL1, can't even compare it to the ZL1 1LE, and now (if we're to go by LMR's time) is slower than even the GT?? LOL!! I think the S550 so far is nothing short of a complete disaster. Ford should just ride this one out and get their shit together for the next gen.
Again... why are you so hung up on the GT350 1/4 mile!? It's not a drag car, the gearing is not meant for that. Between the nature of the FPC and the gearing it's expected not to run Camaro supercar times.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #325
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Camaros are faster than Mustangs and will always be for the most part, my only fear is that the Refreshed Camaro is competing against the Mustang, not the M3 E46 and Other 400 - 500 V8 Euro sports cars.

Let's be honest, the 70s camaro was designed to look like 70s euro cars, it's no wonder the 6th gen (relatively similar to both 5th and 2nd gen) is toying with European cars. Mustang is literally 3 years late, while Chevy is just 2 steps ahead, we don't have too much to worry about except the GT500 or Mach 1.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #326
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
What's really funny is that the Mustang GT competes against SS, not the ZL1. While Chevy is taking an extra step using the GT350R. You can get a 2019 Camaro SS 1le that is faster and better than a GT350R for what, Less than 10 thousand?
Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #327
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Again... why are you so hung up on the GT350 1/4 mile!? It's not a drag car, the gearing is not meant for that. Between the nature of the FPC and the gearing it's expected not to run Camaro supercar times.
Man, don't try to argue with him. The Camaro was made to compete against Ferraris and other supercars since the late 90's.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #328
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
And what you said is exactly why this is soo hilarious. The GT350R is "not a drag car, the gearing is not meant for that. Between the nature of the FPC and the gearing it's expected not to run Camaro supercar times"...yet it costs more and offers less. So the ZL1 is not made for the quarter mile either. Yet it beats the Shelby in the quarter, it beats the Shelby around the track, it has way more options, and it does and has all of that while costing less. So again, WTF is the purpose of the Shelby if it can't beat the cheaper ZL1 at anything and when the SS1LE can beat the non-R Shelby while keeping up with the GT350R at almost half the price? So at Ford's best they built a strictly track car and then Chevy built an even better track car that can also quarter mile the hell out of the Shelby and is fully optioned out for less. SMH. That is some hilarious shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Camaros are faster than Mustangs and will always be for the most part, my only fear is that the Refreshed Camaro is competing against the Mustang, not the M3 E46 and Other 400 - 500 V8 Euro sports cars.

Let's be honest, the 70s camaro was designed to look like 70s euro cars, it's no wonder the 6th gen (relatively similar to both 5th and 2nd gen) is toying with European cars. Mustang is literally 3 years late, while Chevy is just 2 steps ahead, we don't have too much to worry about except the GT500 or Mach 1.
I don't even think those will be much to worry about. I doubt Ford can put together a GT500 that will compete with the ZL1 while staying in the same price range. And that is if they even bring one out which I doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Man, don't try to argue with him. The Camaro was made to compete against Ferraris and other supercars since the late 90's.
The ignorance of your comment is that the person you're agreeing with called the ZL1 a "supercar"...and what exactly are you mocking me about? Oh right, that the Camaro "was made to compete against Ferraris and other SUPERCARS", lol!! In fact, most of your fellow Mustang nut-humpers are saying it's unfair to compare the ZL1 to the Shelby because the ZL1 is a supercar, lol!! Looks like all that competing with the best paid off for Chevy when the best that Ford has to offer is nothing in comparison. Chevy built a "supercar" that blows the Shelby away at everything including what the Shelby itself was built to do well.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #329
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
And what you said is exactly why this is soo hilarious. The GT350R is "not a drag car, the gearing is not meant for that. Between the nature of the FPC and the gearing it's expected not to run Camaro supercar times"...yet it costs more and offers less. So the ZL1 is not made for the quarter mile either. Yet it beats the Shelby in the quarter, it beats the Shelby around the track, it has way more options, and it does and has all of that while costing less. So again, WTF is the purpose of the Shelby if it can't beat the cheaper ZL1 at anything and when the SS1LE can beat the non-R Shelby while keeping up with the GT350R at almost half the price? So at Ford's best they built a strictly track car and then Chevy built an even better track car that can also quarter mile the hell out of the Shelby and is fully optioned out for less. SMH. That is some hilarious shit.

I don't even think those will be much to worry about. I doubt Ford can put together a GT500 that will compete with the ZL1 while staying in the same price range. And that is if they even bring one out which I doubt.

The ignorance of your comment is that the person you're agreeing with called the ZL1 a "supercar"...and what exactly are you mocking me about? Oh right, that the Camaro "was made to compete against Ferraris and other SUPERCARS", lol!! In fact, most of your fellow Mustang nut-humpers are saying it's unfair to compare the ZL1 to the Shelby because the ZL1 is a supercar, lol!! Looks like all that competing with the best paid off for Chevy when the best that Ford has to offer is nothing in comparison. Chevy built a "supercar" that blows the Shelby away at everything including what the Shelby itself was built to do well.
Ford should have just used a turbocharged version of the Coyote in their GT 350. It's a better engine and now it revs to 7500 in the GT. I see them dropping the 350 by late spring to be honest.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #330
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Ford should have just used a turbocharged version of the Coyote in their GT 350. It's a better engine and now it revs to 7500 in the GT. I see them dropping the 350 by late spring to be honest.
They should have dropped it before they even hatched it. They literally have more than a few different platforms that would have been better. But no, they tried to be cute and do something all fancy when a simple DFI forced induction V8 would have been much better. And it got them a disastrous engine that probably ended up costing more than it was worth and isn't even good at what it's good for. And they're still trying to stick with it. No wonder the Ford boys are pissed off and trying to brag about the GT. They literally have nothing else, lol!! It's a shame when a 460 hp GT with an A10 trans is all you have to root for.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:23 AM   #331
Obsol3te

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Quote:

To beat the z28. And it did

Lumar 35% Tint, UPR Floating Pony, MMD Decklid, BlackVue650GW Dash Cam
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #332
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I'm glad to say they are neck and neck, it pushes improvement. My only question is does the "performance pack" include the magnaride and how is the ride quality of that setup?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #333
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsol3te View Post
Sad!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #334
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
I'm glad to say they are neck and neck, it pushes improvement. My only question is does the "performance pack" include the magnaride and how is the ride quality of that setup?
On the Mustang GT performance pack 1 does not include MRC. Performance Pack 2 however will. I don't know anything about it's quality in a Mustang. A GT 350 owner would have to answer that. My SS has GMs MRC and I like it.

Couple online reviews are in and both Jalopnik and Automobiles.com are complaining about shortcomings in the manual Mustang. They call it improved but not as good as the Camaro. Both sites love the A10. Should be seeing the first tests soon.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #335
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsol3te View Post
The discontinued, previous generation one...good job lol. Not to mention, they didn't even accomplish that "goal" on many tracks FYI.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #336
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Both sites love the A10. Should be seeing the first tests soon.
Funny thing other sites like Motor Authority says the A10 in the GT is annoying, shifting too much, and not being able to stick with a proper gear...

But the transmission falls to pieces when faced with more power. My first outing in the 2018 Mustang was behind the wheel of a GT with the 10-speed automatic and aside from a pre-dawn sprint to Point Dume Beach on day two of the program, I never touched it again. The 10-speed auto is recalcitrant in the V-8-powered Mustang GT, constantly unsure of which gear is right for the occasion. With 10 to choose from, at one point I saw the gear indicator go from seven to five to three after going from steady-state cruising to half throttle—what followed was an unnecessary and annoying surge from under the hood as the transmission suddenly called most of the Mustang's 460 hp to action. Manual mode didn't solve the problem, either. Unless I was caning the 5.0-liter V-8, the 10-speed just wasn’t willing to cooperate.

Closed Thread