Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #15
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
I get the very hard shift to second at light throttle. I bought Lubegard tranny shudder fix to try. Any advice before I dump this stuff in?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #16
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Ive changed my rear end fluid twice and the groan is gone. As for the hard shift from first to second, I am tuned so I played with the part throttle shift speed in hp tuners and adjusted the first gear shift point at part throttle to 10 mph from 0% throttle to 25% throttle and now it shifts just fine. Ive tried to make it shift hard and so far it wont do it. I was getting very annoyed with it and now I might actually start to enjoy my car again
Old 08-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #17
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Ive changed my rear end fluid twice and the groan is gone. As for the hard shift from first to second, I am tuned so I played with the part throttle shift speed in hp tuners and adjusted the first gear shift point at part throttle to 10 mph from 0% throttle to 25% throttle and now it shifts just fine. Ive tried to make it shift hard and so far it wont do it. I was getting very annoyed with it and now I might actually start to enjoy my car again
Thanks for the info. I'll ask my tuner to try this. Mine is starting to this also.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #18
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
Sometimes I get a delayed than hard shift from 1st to 2nd in my A8. Is that a common thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
if it's the very first 1-2 shift after sitting all night? then yes....it's common.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I have this as well. took my son to school this morning and the line to get in was long. The constant stop and go had me doing quite a few 1-2 shifts and it was thumping hard. Glad to see im not the only one this happens to.
Resurrecting this old thread - I got mine for the first time sitting in traffic. The difference is my car is warmed up, and the temperature was above 80 degrees. One time it felt like someone bumped me from behind, and I looked in the rearview mirror just to check. I also think I am noticing some transmission noise.

Did the dealer identify and resolve the issue? I am curious as to the diagnosis and any details you guys can provide.

BTW I had the transmission triple flushed for the shudder. So far so good on that. I also had the rearend groan, and had the fluid flushed on that twice. It is still happens on cold mornings, but not quite as bad.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #19
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Resurrecting this old thread - I got mine for the first time sitting in traffic. The difference is my car is warmed up, and the temperature was above 80 degrees. One time it felt like someone bumped me from behind, and I looked in the rearview mirror just to check. I also think I am noticing some transmission noise.

Did the dealer identify and resolve the issue? I am curious as to the diagnosis and any details you guys can provide.

BTW I had the transmission triple flushed for the shudder. So far so good on that. I also had the rearend groan, and had the fluid flushed on that twice. It is still happens on cold mornings, but not quite as bad.

Bill
it is a common issue in which gm will say its a vehicle "characteristic". same with the rear groan.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:10 PM   #20
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
it is a common issue in which gm will say its a vehicle "characteristic". same with the rear groan.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks anyway. ....and that was basically what the service manager told me about the rear end groan. "It's a racing rear end setup with tight tolerances".

Bill
Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #21
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks anyway. ....and that was basically what the service manager told me about the rear end groan. "It's a racing rear end setup with tight tolerances".

Bill
A year later, my car still does it - even with a TCM tune when I got my supercharger added. It is annoying at times, but doesn't see to cause any other problems.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 AM   #22
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
A year later, my car still does it - even with a TCM tune when I got my supercharger added. It is annoying at times, but doesn't see to cause any other problems.
Appreciate the update

Bill
Old 05-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #23
chross12

Drives: 2016 ss whipple,rotofab,A8,magride
Happens daily here. I will go easy on the throttle till i feel it about to shift and then coast let it shift and throttle up afterwards.
chross12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #24
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chross12 View Post
Happens daily here. I will go easy on the throttle till i feel it about to shift and then coast let it shift and throttle up afterwards.
If it happens again, I'll try that. I tried to duplicate it yesterday after I warmed the car up, but couldn't

Bill
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #25
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
The only way to help it is to cut the shift times in the lower rpm and low load. Also bumping up the shift pressure in this same area will make it get the shift over with rather than carry it out. I know what you are thinking. Bumping up the shift pressure will make it worse. It doesn't as long as you don't go stupid. It will get the shift over with. Cant get away from that first shift of the morning but the ones that happen when the car is warmed up can be settled down quite a bit.