Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #29
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Put this (not affixed, just placed for a joke) on the wifes Torrent a couple years ago, it was from my Demon, told her it was permanent
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #30
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe
Hopefully one day people will stop wasting their money on this "mod" and put it to things more camaro worthy (like a catch can, lol).
I recently got a set of caliper covers, I didn't buy them as a cosmetic upgrade.
I bought them to protect my new wheels from break dust & as long as it gets the job done I don't really care what people think.

Current mods/Upgrades:K&N CAI/MRT Version 2 Axle-back Exhaust/Z28 Factory Style Spoiler Wing/Camaro ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black) by Factory Reproductions/Camaro 2014-15 LS LT RS ACS-T5 Splitter(Satin Black)/"CAMARO" Caliper Covers(Matte Black)/Elite Catch Can/Window Tinting/Vmax ported TB/VTC.

Future Mods/Upgrades:/Duraflex Wicker Bill Body Spoiler kit/GM-X Duraflex Side Skirts Body Kit
UFO's_A51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #31
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTech View Post
I recently got a set of caliper covers, I didn't buy them as a cosmetic upgrade.
I bought them to protect my new wheels from break dust & as long as it gets the job done I don't really care what people think.
If you are that worried about brake dust (when they dust that means your pads are doing their job.......) then why not buy different brake pads? They make plenty of aftermarket pads that cut down on dust. This will however cost you performance but so does your fake BBKs covers as they trap heat which induces fade during braking.

I implore everyone, stop this madness with the caliper covers. It's a complete waste of money and nobody thinks they are cool.

1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #32
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Put this (not affixed, just placed for a joke) on the wifes Torrent a couple years ago, it was from my Demon, told her it was permanent
That's funny.

But yes OP, listen to what many are saying, dont put that crap on the car.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #33
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe
I implore everyone, stop this madness with the caliper covers. It's a complete waste of money and nobody thinks they are cool.
Quote:
I don't know which of this two is more ridiculous ( and annoying ) I saw your other posts & I don't understand why are you so obsessed with it.

Current mods/Upgrades:K&N CAI/MRT Version 2 Axle-back Exhaust/Z28 Factory Style Spoiler Wing/Camaro ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black) by Factory Reproductions/Camaro 2014-15 LS LT RS ACS-T5 Splitter(Satin Black)/"CAMARO" Caliper Covers(Matte Black)/Elite Catch Can/Window Tinting/Vmax ported TB/VTC.

Future Mods/Upgrades:/Duraflex Wicker Bill Body Spoiler kit/GM-X Duraflex Side Skirts Body Kit
Old 03-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #34
LT1Zob

Quote:

Not attacking you, your car, do as you please, but can you honestly say that those plastic covers really do cut down on dust?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #35
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Not attacking you, your car, do as you please, but can you honestly say that those plastic covers really do cut down on dust?
no they dont i can tell you for sure they dont i have seen many people with them and ask about the dust and they say not really
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #36
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
no they dont i can tell you for sure they dont i have seen many people with them and ask about the dust and they say not really
Thanks, thought so. Again, not my money or car, but if you want the "powered by eBay Performance" look, plenty of Civics around to buy and "mod" to taste.

By the way, plenty of 1LE/ZL1 guys upgrade their brake systems around here. If you want a nice looking setup at very cheap prices, keep an eye on the member classified section and do a real upgrade. Just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #37
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
but if you want the "powered by eBay Performance" look, plenty of Civics around to buy and "mod" to taste.
Not the point but, Why are assuming that I got it from eBay ? Just curious.

Quote:
By the way, plenty of 1LE/ZL1 guys upgrade their brake systems around here. If you want a nice looking setup at very cheap prices, keep an eye on the member classified section and do a real upgrade.
Ya I'm planning to upgrade my brake system just not now, thanks for the advice tho.

Quote:
Just my opinion.
Bingo

Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #38
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Not the point but, Why are assuming that I got it from eBay ? Just curious.

Ya I'm planning to upgrade my brake system just not now, thanks for the advice tho.

Bingo
so you are going to spend 2 hundred dollars now only to spend over 6 hundred later....
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #39
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SORRY I disagree I have had them on all my 4 of my GEN 5 Camaro's. I never had a person say they looked bad even On my 1LE <, ) Anyways here's a picture of my 2012 convertible with Caliper covers my 2 Cents worth
[IMG][/IMG]
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #40
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Quote:
so you are going to spend 2 hundred dollars now only to spend over 6 hundred later....
I just realized you guys are mistaken me with the OP lol, I'm gonna answer your question anyway.

Even if the break covers do not work as I expected, On due time I'm gonna upgrade my brake system & I'm gonna get rid of them because believe it or not
there will always be someone willing to buy this covers for a good price.

Not every one hates them or think they are worthless like you, I'm not trying to get into an argument or convince you otherwise.
So this will be my last post on this thread.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #41
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
I don't know which of this two is more ridiculous ( and annoying ) I saw your other posts & I don't understand why are you so obsessed with it.
Because you are a poseur and are tying to fake the funk (not attacking you personally, but caliper covers give that vibe). What next, a fake coach bag, a interfooler, etc.?

Quote:

Even if the break covers do not work as I expected,

Quote:
On due time I'm gonna upgrade my brake system & I'm gonna get rid of them because believe it or not
there will always be someone willing to buy this covers for a good price.
The fact that you think that people want your worthless covers shows how flawed your thinking is because even you know deep down what you are doing is rice (hence the reason you want to upgrade).

Quote:
Not every one hates them or think they are worthless like you, I'm not trying to get into an argument or convince you otherwise.
So this will be my last post on this thread.

and there in lies the problem because this should have never been a viable option to camaro guys or any enthusiast for that matter as they are one of the top 5 riciest mods you can do to a performance vehicle. I'm just trying to say that there is no reason to waste your hard earned money on this nugatory mod. Please heed this advice and burn those caliper covers as soon as you can. Thank you.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:40 PM   #42
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Quote:
Hey I just want to apologize for my last post specifically about this :

Quote:
Not every one hates them or say they are worthless like you,
It was an incomplete sentence what I meant was " like you think they are."

I was gonna edit my post but this guy replied before I had a chance to do it.