Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #15
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Thanks for the response! Regarding this comment: "- The lower shifter assemblies are the same, yours should have the grommet installed. If you haven't run into any issues then there's a good chance that it's installed correctly."

I went back and checked and I did not install that gasket that I think the new instructions are referring to, which to me appeared to be specific to the stock plastic bearing housing. The lower assembly is bolted in place and held radially by the two o-rings within the housing, so not sure how necessary that top gasket really is. With that said, if you're recommending it be installed, then the instructions for the Billet/Plus shifters with white ball (p/n 3916031) and pistol grip (p/n 3916131) should both be updated to include that information:

http://files.dpbrands.com/hurst/inst...ns/3916031.pdf
http://files.dpbrands.com/hurst/inst...ns/3916131.pdf

There's also some other recommendations in the instructions for the shifter w/ stock knob (http://files.dpbrands.com/hurst/inst...ns/3916047.pdf), that are all related to the portions of the install that should be common between 3916031, 3916131, and 3916047. I'm specifically referring to recommendations for using medium strength threadlocker on some of the bolts. It seems some of the additional info from the 3916047 instructions should be carried back to 3916031 and 3916131 instructions. Just a suggestion

Thanks!
We appreciate the feedback, thank you. Our newly designed website just dropped last week and in an effort to get small (but important!) details corrected we will be clarifying the installation instructions for both older Hurst shifters. Once again thank you for letting me know.

- Jason @ Hurst
HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #16
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Attention Future 2019 Camaro SS/ZL1 Owners, Hurst Performance Has You Covered

We recently got our dirty "mitts" on a brand-spankin' new 2019 Camaro SS for some test fitting. We can confirm that our line of Hurst Billet Plus Shifters will fit on the upcoming 2019 Camaro SS and ZL1 models. At this time we've only confirmed fitment for the 2019 Camaro SS/ZL1 with a 6-speed manual transmission and non-MDS exhaust valves, but we'll have more fitment options on the way.

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit our new combined website for additional information and fitment options.

Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #17
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Attention Future 2019 Camaro SS/ZL1 Owners, Hurst Performance Has You Covered

We recently got our dirty "mitts" on a brand-spankin' new 2019 Camaro SS for some test fitting. We can confirm that our line of Hurst Billet Plus Shifters will fit on the upcoming 2019 Camaro SS and ZL1 models. At this time we've only confirmed fitment for the 2019 Camaro SS/ZL1 with a 6-speed manual transmission and non-MDS exhaust valves, but we'll have more fitment options on the way.

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit our new combined website for additional information and fitment options.

Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #18
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Is the short throw shorter for the ss camaro with the factory knob available for the black Friday sale? I cant find it anywhere
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote