Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #43
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Still pretty awful, but better than what was initially rolled out.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #44
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Yeah, this gawdawful mug made me ask the question that I ask once in a while: "Who signed off on this turd?!"
I know that taste and looks are a subjective subject, but I'm all for cars preserving classic lines that will age well over the years and not look like hideous freaks a few years down the line.
Whenever I see a 2015-ish Infiniti QX80 for example, I look at the front and think 'Beluga Whale'-- yuck! Who thought THAT attractive in the design studio? No offense to anyone here who owns one, but sheesh that thing is ugly!
My wife was commenting on this emergency facelift on the Gen 6 and she asked very astutely, "Why don't they put the proposed designs to a panel that includes some people from the target demographic to give comments on the designs BEFORE they go to production?" Great idea, honey.
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #45
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
It will be available for the 2019 SS. Looks a lot better than it is now.
We actually have a 19 SS in the shop now and it has this version of the front bumper cover

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #46
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
After looking at this, it seems that all Chevy did was to paint the grille panel body color. A simple change, but its an improvement.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #47
jrob56

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ 4wd 5.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber10 View Post
We actually have a 19 SS in the shop now and it has this version of the front bumper cover
Can we get pics of this?

Sold:
95 Taurus SE
00 Z28 A4
06 TBSS
06 GTO M6
02 F150
01 B4C A4
05 GTO M6
02 Z28 M6
jrob56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #48
Cyber10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob56 View Post
Can we get pics of this?
If I remember I will. It's currently torn apart and won't be back together until Wednesday most likely. It's Kettle Black, I was surprised when I saw it because I didn't think Chevy offered a metallic black on the Camaros.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Old 10-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #49
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISCAM View Post
Yeah, this gawdawful mug made me ask the question that I ask once in a while: "Who signed off on this turd?!"
I know that taste and looks are a subjective subject, but I'm all for cars preserving classic lines that will age well over the years and not look like hideous freaks a few years down the line.
Whenever I see a 2015-ish Infiniti QX80 for example, I look at the front and think 'Beluga Whale'-- yuck! Who thought THAT attractive in the design studio? No offense to anyone here who owns one, but sheesh that thing is ugly!
My wife was commenting on this emergency facelift on the Gen 6 and she asked very astutely, "Why don't they put the proposed designs to a panel that includes some people from the target demographic to give comments on the designs BEFORE they go to production?" Great idea, honey.
You might as well ask who signed off on the 6th gen. The 6th gen is a turd too.

They do (or at least use to) do proposed design changes to a panel of target demographic. However, that could make the Camaro look like a CUV aka bit$h box. In fact, the new Blazer is one such vehicle. Instead of a real Blazer, we get just another crossover with a Camaro styled frontend.

You need a designer like Bill Mitchell leading the direction of design. Unfortunately, guys like that are long gone at GM.

However, as long as the 0-60 is better and the infotainment system is great, people will buy ugly.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #50
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It’s not a recent development. The early 90’s Cutlass Supreme/Buick Skylark were dreadful. Automobile magazine did an article on how a car as ugly as the Buick could ever get approved. And let’s not forget the terrible GM minivan things like the Saturn Relay. The Pontiac Aztec is already a legend in ugly. GM is my favorite American manufacturer, but they seem to make a lot of turds.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #51
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
If I remember I will. It's currently torn apart and won't be back together until Wednesday most likely. It's Kettle Black, I was surprised when I saw it because I didn't think Chevy offered a metallic black on the Camaros.
I'm curious to know why a 2019 Camaro is already torn apart.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #52
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
Even still, with those tail lights I'll be waiting for the 7th.
my 2¢
Elonkay Nika
Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #53
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I think we should blame the "Real People" for this........ Like these ones LOL

qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #54
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I think we should blame the "Real People" for this........ Like these ones LOL
Ha... so true... thanks for sharing

joe...
Old 10-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #55
Cyber10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I'm curious to know why a 2019 Camaro is already torn apart.
I haven't looked at the accident report but the front bumper was warped at the bottom of the lower grille and was torn in 2 spots, getting a new left fender, new left headlamp, and busted 2 of the 3 pieces for the left air duct. There wasn't paint transfer on anything or any debris left behind so it's hard telling what happened just by looking at the damage.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #56
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
I haven't looked at the accident report but the front bumper was warped at the bottom of the lower grille and was torn in 2 spots, getting a new left fender, new left headlamp, and busted 2 of the 3 pieces for the left air duct. There wasn't paint transfer on anything or any debris left behind so it's hard telling what happened just by looking at the damage.
If the front crossbar is already painted, it must have been custom, because GM hasn't begun to produce them.