Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #43
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
The drive train can be made anywhere as long as it meets a certain standard for performance and durability. I wouldn't care of the TR-6060 was made in China, as long as it was dependable which it is.

IMO, Ford has to take most of the blame for the MT-82 issues. If they really cared about their customer base, they'd have demanded better, or simply sourced from another company. While it seems the MT-82 issues have gotten worse with the newer update, it has had problems long before. And for the apologists, take a look at the specs on the GT-350 and 500 and you'll see a Tremec. Even Ford didn't think the MT-82 would hold up under more stress. What does that tell you?

Ford just doesn't give 2 craps. Profit comes first. I laugh at all the suckers rushing out to buy the 'bullit'. It's more like 'bulls*t'.

I wouldn't want my Camaro Trans made in China. I want my car made in America other wise I would just buy a foreign car and help build another countries economy.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #44
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
In a performance car...I think I would also...but don't tell that to the manufacturers.
Missing half the fun if not banging your own gears in a performance car.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #45
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
I like the new Mustangs and I think they'd be a great alternative to the Camaro. Were the Camaros used? If not, how did the alignment get so far off? If so, is it really a fair comparison between used Camaros and new Mustang?
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #46
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
I wouldn't want my Camaro Trans made in China. I want my car made in America other wise I would just buy a foreign car and help build another countries economy.
I agree with the spirit of your post - to buy American. I bought the Camaro partly for that reason. And any future purchase will more than likely be domestic as well.

But the reality is, today, parts are sourced from different countries. Even Tremec is a subsidiary of a company headquarted in Mexico. And there are production facilities in the US, there and in Belgium. It's almost impossible to find an all-American made vehicle anymore. Sad but true.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:59 AM   #47
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Sales of the Buick Envision (made in China) have really tanked in year 2. It will be interesting to see how the made in Mexico "Blazer" sells especially if the trade war hits autos.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:14 AM   #48
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
I agree with the spirit of your post - to buy American. I bought the Camaro partly for that reason. And any future purchase will more than likely be domestic as well.

But the reality is, today, parts are sourced from different countries. Even Tremec is a subsidiary of a company headquarted in Mexico. And there are production facilities in the US, there and in Belgium. It's almost impossible to find an all-American made vehicle anymore. Sad but true.
This... the whole American made stuff ended in the late 70's.

90% of your car is built from parts sourced all over the globe, the only thing "American" about your car is the brand name. Its just cheaper this way.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #49
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
This... the whole American made stuff ended in the late 70's.

90% of your car is built from parts sourced all over the globe, the only thing "American" about your car is the brand name. Its just cheaper this way.
And some "foreign" cars like a Camry have more American-sourced parts than "American" cars made by Ford or Chevy.

The Camry has even been listed as the #1 car in terms of American-sourced parts before.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #50
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
The Camaro has a very high % of US-sourced parts.