Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #841
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Try to keep up. The point was if you go by magazine times. Or some random guys forum times only. Like hotlap does. As your arguement for everything. You better stay on the side lines. And enjoy your car for what it is. Cause a guy like me in the inferior car. Will hurt your feelings. Talking silly on a forum is easy. Backing it up on the street or at the track. Not so much. Aint that right hoplap tell him about your 11 second SS..
You sound like a guy who talks about his 4 Touchdown passes in his High School Football glory days. Lol.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #842
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Don't recall saying it was bad? Just not what myself or fraxum would relate to. If people need magazines to feel good about their purchases. And want to quote the magazines. Or some guy on the forums religiously. Who am I to judge? I just feel sorry for those guys. They spend 70 grand on a Hellcat or Corvette. Only to get juiced at a light. Buy a teenager in a 10 year old WRX. The magazine stats said they had that one in the bag.
One big difference between you and Fraxum. You don’t see him blowing his own horn on how great he is, then belittle anyone who hasn’t tracked his car. Fraxum shows class and respects others rides, you do nothing but put people down, and that is seen on both forums.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #843
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
If is now almost like telling someone their fat daughter probably should not be in the beauty contest.... poor thing...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:08 PM   #844
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Inferiority complex gettin the best of you again? LOL!! I have nothing to gain by racing some kid in a base model $27K GT that's been stripped down and modded to hell and back. And I have nothing to prove. If you did beat me, I could drop $5K, $10K, $20K into my car and return and stomp that thing into the ground. What does it prove and what do I have to gain from that? LOL!! And what do I have to gain from building a GT and racing you? LOL! You wanna race me, then buy a car on my level and let's do it. But we all know the likelihood of that happening.
The only thing inferior is your driving. 11.8 in a ZL1. Some rich fool could lend you a Bugatti. And itll be the same outcome. Bench racer gets his teeth kicked in. Then says I tried to lose. Just like you tried to run 11.8.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #845
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Agree with your first two paragraphs. I'm keeping my GT stock until my extended warranty runs out in 2024.

Regarding the bolded sentence: The '18 GT PP2 would like to disagree, as does the GT350/350R, and the '20 GT500 when it's finally on the streets/tracks. Heck, my '18 GT PP1 w/ MagneRide and A10 is every bit as awesome as I could have hoped for on the street as I don't take it to the track. I'll never race a SS 1LE on a track. On the street, my PP1 is just as capable because you can't push it hard anyway. I rarely have to give even more than 1/2 throttle for passing, accelerating into traffic, etc. And that's on the bone stock engine. If I go more than 1/2 throttle it's just for fun. I also don't need 900+ hp in my daily driver like some folks want. I admit I wouldn't mind 550-600 hp though .

If you mean compromises as in better visibility, a bit more hp, better sounding engine, larger trunk, better safety tech., and much better looks (subjective, of course) and nicer interior (subjective again) and slightly more usable backseats - which I need since I have kids...then, I guess. Those details were what turned me onto the '18 GT after being a die hard Chevy guy my entire life.
I meant compromised in that most GTs aren’t PP1 or PP2. That in its base configuration, a typical A10 GT isn’t as fast as a SS. The average GT is aimed at a guy or gal that isn’t into it.

The PP2 was compromised by outfitting it like a track car with cup tires but not giving it coolers. The PP1, as a upgrade handling package, was described as handling like the front and rear aren’t connected. The GT350 in its initial form overheated during parade laps and is still offered with a handling package it’s a track car?

Every SS or ZL1 has the potential to perform the same ...even if the driver can’t do it. They are identically outfitted and capable of burning an entire tank of gas at 10/10 without overheating. ...then there are the 1LEs.

All that said, I agree with you. Your 18 GT is optioned right and is more than enough for a street car (driver) and looks great. When I decided to sell my 16 (because I lost confidence in the A8 long term) I weighed getting a 19 A10 or a manual. I went manual because it’s more than enough for daily driving and it’s fun to wind out 2nd gear. I really don’t care that I left 2 or 3 tenths on the table by not going A10.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #846
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
I sometime wonder if I logged in the camaro6 vs section. Or the Camaro6 safe space. You 5 guys that live in this section deserve each other. Well you boys sit around keep chirping about your superior cars. Or how expensive they are. Or how many vacations you take. The interwebs is truely impressed. If you ever wanna quit talking and man up. You know where to find me. My work here is done.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #847
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I sometime wonder if I logged in the camaro6 vs section. Or the Camaro6 safe space. You 5 guys that live in this section deserve each other. Well you boys sit around keep chirping about your superior cars. Or how expensive they are. Or how many vacations you take. The interwebs is truely impressed. If you ever wanna quit talking and man up. You know where to find me. My work here is done.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1ca1bbf...3-f184d0c7cff0

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #848
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I'm sorry you failed to impress anyone with your war stories. Takes more than a 21k 2015 Mustang with a dealer installed Roush TVS on it to impress us.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #849
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Says the guy with the REALLY REALLY ugly Mustang, fake scoops and all. Really, the topic of the thread is GT 500, clearly a car based on a price point that most can't afford. You showed up with a water gun to a match with tactical nukes.. nuff said. For me, the GT 500 is everything I want in a car, and maybe one day it will be at my price point. More props for the guys that can afford it, it is up to them what they do or do not do with the car. At least his work here is done, super ugly track car and all. Thanks my eyes could not take any more... Back to the awesome looking GT 500..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #850
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Why are we making fun of his car when i see plenty of SS in here? Just curious

Also, he probably doesn’t have the cooling for the road course, just knew you wouldn’t take up his offer lol.

I get a GT can be cheap, but once you start adding stuff...especially if you’re paying labor, you’re getting 350 range and hell some builds I’m sure get close to or over the 500 price(whatever that may be).

I’ve had a 350 and GT, I liked my GT better, the 350 made it very hard to consider another Ford...but i think this 500 is gonna be a baaaaad bitch, as much time as they’ve had, it should be lol
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #851
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
The only thing inferior is your driving. 11.8 in a ZL1. Some rich fool could lend you a Bugatti. And itll be the same outcome. Bench racer gets his teeth kicked in. Then says I tried to lose. Just like you tried to run 11.8.
Cool story bro
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #852
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Bye Felicia...

Quote:
[BOr how many vacations you take.[/B]
I leave for Punta Cana on Friday!! Can't wait!! My first vacation this year and I plan to take 6 of them at least. I'll send you a postcard.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 02-02-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #853
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Says the guy with the REALLY REALLY ugly Mustang, fake scoops and all. Really, the topic of the thread is GT 500, clearly a car based on a price point that most can't afford. You showed up with a water gun to a match with tactical nukes.. nuff said. For me, the GT 500 is everything I want in a car, and maybe one day it will be at my price point. More props for the guys that can afford it, it is up to them what they do or do not do with the car. At least his work here is done, super ugly track car and all. Thanks my eyes could not take any more... Back to the awesome looking GT 500..
Hey!! You watch your mouth! I'll race you!!!!

Anyway, I've heard enough comedy from the hard core racer for an entire lifetime. Let's get back to talking about the GT500 that he can't afford anyway!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
I get a GT can be cheap, but once you start adding stuff...especially if you’re paying labor, you’re getting 350 range and hell some builds I’m sure get close to or over the 500 price(whatever that may be).

I’ve had a 350 and GT, I liked my GT better, the 350 made it very hard to consider another Ford...but i think this 500 is gonna be a baaaaad bitch, as much time as they’ve had, it should be lol
Yea it should be. But by now I've been disappointed with Frod enough to know not to really expect much until the product actually comes out and is tested. I have my expectations so we'll see what happens. Now that the A10 will be in the ZLE I think it will retain the track title. And the Redeye will retain the quarter mile title. So the GT500 will have to just get close enough which I think it will.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #854
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Well that explains quite a lot about why the A10 in the ZL1 has been so bulletproof and the Mustang GT has had issues...

Different engineering choices on software and internals = different results.

I wouldn't say bullet proof. Mine exploded at the 1200 hp mark. haha. Just sux there are no aftermarket parts yet for the A10 to build it up. At least I personally know where it's breaking point is. Once I get it back...........(I was supposed to have it back last week) I'm going to dial it down to 1000 hp street tune.