Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-29-2015, 02:13 AM   #1
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Camaro5 slacking in updates vs Camaro6?

Anyone else out there seem to think that Camaro5 is lacking in the homepage update department compared to Camaro6?? I mean the last homepage update we have is from 02 November with the CPT America Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I like the car, however there's been alot of news as far as Camaros go between then and now...like....SEMA...Motor Trend Car of the Year...first customer 2016 Camaro delivered by Danica Patrick etc. However, it seems that the dedicated folks here on the 5th gen side don't get our homepage updated even though "camaro5" and "camaro6" seem to be sister sites. I get it some like and some don't like the new style but I'm sure most of us would like to see the camaro5 homepage updated with BIG headline news.....say like when a Camaro wins Motor Trend Car of the Year no matter what generation it is. We are, after all, Camaro fans and NOT....Mustang fans.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:30 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I could be wrong, but I believe the Idea is to have folks go to Camaro6 to view news of the new car. There really would be a reason to have a Camaro6 if everything was posted in Camaro5. It's very easy to switch back and forth between the two. To me, it would just be redundant to post the same info about the gen6 car on C5.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
motorhead

Also, it would appear that many gen5 people aren't that interested in the gen6 car anyhow. So why force it down their throats. They can switch over to C6 if they get the urge.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
motorhead, you've pretty much nailed it. Camaro5 is for the 5th gen, Camaro6 is for the 6th gen. Any Camaro5ers that care about the new car are encouraged to use the new site. They can even use their current username and password. And for the rest of the membership that doesn't care about the new car, they can continue on at Camaro5 as if the 6th gen doesn't exist.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Isnt there a link on here to the Camaro6 forum? Just click on that for 6th gen news.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
At the top right corner of every page there is a pop-down that lets you go from site to site without logging in... Highlight (or click) "You are browsing Camaro5" (Camaro5, Camaro6, Corvette7)
Old 12-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelly73 View Post
Anyone else out there seem to think that Camaro5 is lacking in the homepage update department compared to Camaro6?? I mean the last homepage update we have is from 02 November with the CPT America Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I like the car, however there's been alot of news as far as Camaros go between then and now...like....SEMA...Motor Trend Car of the Year...first customer 2016 Camaro delivered by Danica Patrick etc. However, it seems that the dedicated folks here on the 5th gen side don't get our homepage updated even though "camaro5" and "camaro6" seem to be sister sites. I get it some like and some don't like the new style but I'm sure most of us would like to see the camaro5 homepage updated with BIG headline news.....say like when a Camaro wins Motor Trend Car of the Year no matter what generation it is. We are, after all, Camaro fans and NOT....Mustang fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
motorhead, you've pretty much nailed it. Camaro5 is for the 5th gen, Camaro6 is for the 6th gen. Any Camaro5ers that care about the new car are encouraged to use the new site. They can even use their current username and password. And for the rest of the membership that doesn't care about the new car, they can continue on at Camaro5 as if the 6th gen doesn't exist.
So does that mean that you (The Mods) can't change the Homepage or choose a new COTW? I mean I agree with the op here. The Homepage hasn't changed and the COTW has been the same one for at least 4 weeks if not more. C'mon I don't own a Camaro anymore but there's guys and gals that still have Camaros that they have been modding. Unless you guys are not getting any new people applying for COTW.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
So does that mean that you (The Mods) can't change the Homepage or choose a new COTW? I mean I agree with the op here. The Homepage hasn't changed and the COTW has been the same one for at least 4 weeks if not more. C'mon I don't own a Camaro anymore but there's guys and gals that still have Camaros that they have been modding. Unless you guys are not getting any new people applying for COTW.
The way I see it, there is less new news worth putting on the homepage with the coming of the gen6 six so it won't be updated as often, and as far as the car of the week goes, there has been many times when it's gone for several weeks to a month with the same car.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Can we at least get an actual 6th gen in the Camaro6 drop down menu at the top? We've known what the car actually looks like for months now, hell someone could go to a dealer and snap a photo to stick up there.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Also epic lolz at the Corvette7 front page being a post from 2013.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #11
TXsilvy

Drives: camaro
where is Camaro 1? it all started there

heads/cam/blown/meth 408 LS
TXsilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Can we at least get an actual 6th gen in the Camaro6 drop down menu at the top? We've known what the car actually looks like for months now, hell someone could go to a dealer and snap a photo to stick up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Also epic lolz at the Corvette7 front page being a post from 2013.
Both kind of funny. Just trying to be devil's advocate I guess.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #13
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
3 months now without a news posting in c5....just sayin
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote