Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #6987
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
My ABM with my parents 68 and my brothers 1SS.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #6988
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
So I am slowly going through this ENTIRE thread and after 3 days I am just over half way through. I am running into some info from 2010 that has me confused a little.
It was my understanding that there were 3903 ABM's built, but there are some numbers I came across that are saying that it was 3610 ABM's built.
Which is it?
I know I have #1848 and a 1 of 29, but did my car just become a little more rarer than I though it was.
As a side note, I consider it rare because of the color, not a financial point of view. My youngest son will learn to drive in this car, and he is 7.
I believe the more accurate number is 3903. Some ABM's that went to Canadian homes did not make the list.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #6989
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Right on PAUL SS, the question now is how many have we lost in 5 years?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #6990
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Thanlks on the 3903 confirmation. AS far as number lost, going back through the thread I have counted at least 9 pictures of totalled ABM's. And that is jsut what forum members have found.
I wonder if there would be a way to search a VIN database for ABM's and see how many have been totalled by insurance companies?

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #6991
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
I know a while back there was a registry where you could post which vin you had, name & address. Wanted to upgrade to ZL1 but not getting rid of my ABM.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #6992
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2018 hyper blue zl1
Old 04-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #6993
SOMKNRS

Drives: 2010 camaro aqua blue metallic
Just took the car out of storage
Attached Images

SOMKNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #6994
if6was9

Drives: '10 LT1 RS (ABM), '69 Firebird 400
So what was the reason for so few of the ABM to come off the line?
Its been a week and a day since I took ownership of my ABM. When I built and priced one back in '10, I chose a LT1 ABM w/Silver strips. I came close. So far I've been told to leave the white strips by several folks. I'm still in debate about that.

if6was9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #6995
EETSMine

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM #3566
Quote:
Originally Posted by if6was9 View Post
Its been a week and a day since I took ownership of my ABM. When I built and priced one back in '10, I chose a LT1 ABM w/Silver strips. I came close. So far I've been told to leave the white strips by several folks. I'm still in debate about that.

I really like my silver stripes, I think they look VERY good with the ABM.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #6996
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by if6was9 View Post
The official reason is that they had one more color than they were supposed to. So they cut the least selling color to make room for special edition colors etc. and reduce the number of regular run colors etc. basically the color was the least selling so it was cut. Sad thing is that the color on the web site looked horrible, looked nothing like the real color, dealers did not order it etc. and it was cut before it really got out and seen by the public, also it looks really different on the other GM vehicles that had the same color, like the HHR and the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon at the time, people did not like the green and purple hues that came out of the color. That's personally what I love about it.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #6997
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
The official reason is that they had one more color than they were supposed to. So they cut the least selling color to make room for special edition colors etc. and reduce the number of regular run colors etc. basically the color was the least selling so it was cut. Sad thing is that the color on the web site looked horrible, looked nothing like the real color, dealers did not order it etc. and it was cut before it really got out and seen by the public, also it looks really different on the other GM vehicles that had the same color, like the HHR and the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon at the time, people did not like the green and purple hues that came out of the color. That's personally what I love about it.
Yeah the website color did this no justice. When I was looking at what I wanted to order when I was in Afghanistan, I was considering aqua, along with the imperial blue and silver. I had owned a dark color car before so I eliminated the imp blue based on that. That left aqua and silver. Unfortunately at the time in October of 2009 I had only seen two Camaros in person....one was a red RS and the other my neighbors IOM SS so I wasn't sure how the aqua really looked. I figured the website was really off but I honestly had NO clue how bad ass that color really was. Had I known then, I may have ended up with an aqua with SIM stripes! All you folks with the aquas....hang on to them for sure! Excellent choice!
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #6998
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Just got in my showboard and screen print from flash cards inc. Just thought I would share. Loved how the board turned out and the screen print isn't bad either.
Attached Images

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #6999
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Here's my car at the first show of the year last weekend.

Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #7000
mrharleyduck

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 View Post
Just got in my showboard and screen print from flash cards inc. Just thought I would share. Loved how the board turned out and the screen print isn't bad either.
I Like It.... May steal your tag name if it's available in MS... I was also wondering if the 3610 is the official count of ABM's... I've got what is supposed to be #7...

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!