Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2022, 07:29 PM   #29
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Totally agree with wnta1ss. I just looked at your tune...you need a trans tune in a bad way. Those shift points are way too low. I'd start at 30/60/90/117/144....those are safe for a 28" tire. I would also lower the desired shift time. Your car will run 10's leaving torque reduction stock. I'd also set trans/torque management/General/Limit TqMgmt - upshift to none. But if you really wanna feel this baby shift...set trans/torque management/General/torque reduction - upshift to disable.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #30
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Totally agree with wnta1ss. I just looked at your tune...you need a trans tune in a bad way. Those shift points are way too low. I'd start at 30/60/90/117/144....those are safe for a 28" tire. I would also lower the desired shift time. Your car will run 10's leaving torque reduction stock. I'd also set trans/torque management/General/Limit TqMgmt - upshift to none. But if you really wanna feel this baby shift...set trans/torque management/General/torque reduction - upshift to disable.
Thanks.

I am working with KingLt1 to get it sorted out a bit better. Kinda disappointing they would almost leave the trans tune stock on a build like this. I know the 1-2 shift has some issues as most of the time I get a big hesitation going into 2nd, once it does it is pretty solid from there on. I know the shifts never really banged like other performance cars I have had just thought that was the way the A8's were, especially with a high stall converter.

Will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Unfortunately winter is almost here for me and only have a very short time left driving this year.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:54 PM   #31
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
Thanks.

I am working with KingLt1 to get it sorted out a bit better. Kinda disappointing they would almost leave the trans tune stock on a build like this. I know the 1-2 shift has some issues as most of the time I get a big hesitation going into 2nd, once it does it is pretty solid from there on. I know the shifts never really banged like other performance cars I have had just thought that was the way the A8's were, especially with a high stall converter.

Will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Unfortunately winter is almost here for me and only have a very short time left driving this year.
Your Virtual Torque tables are also stock. Yikes!! That needs to be sorted.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #32
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Just putting things together in my head...

I agree shift points are low and boost is also low, they are, or at least can be, related. Getting shift points up will help get boost up. I noticed very significant difference in performance with just a few mph change in shift point on my own setup.

Your sig mentions pistons, but not the compression ratio. If you went with lower than stock CR then you'll need even higher boost. I get a peak of about 10.5 psi on my setup at the shift point and 6.5 at the bottom of the next gear. So average about 8.5 on my stock CR pistons.

I asked about the cats because cat overtemp was disabled and thought maybe you had collapsed cats. You said no cats, so we can rule that out.

How does the d1sc compare to the p1x and d1x? I havent come across anyone else using a d1sc so im just curious. I'm betting a d1x is the appropriate blower for your setup, but its not really whats holding you back right now.

As far as the tune.... nothing really jumps out at me other than what was mentioned already, but your tune and mine are very different since you are cammed and no ethanol. I know MY tune, but not "tuning" if you get me.... so in any case im sure KingLT1 will get you sorted out.

My thoughts are get your current configuration ironed out before investing in hw upgrades. If you really did dyno in the 700s then your street performance isnt matching. Getting more hw upgrades wont necessarily solve the issue.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:30 AM   #33
rcoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Just putting things together in my head...

I agree shift points are low and boost is also low, they are, or at least can be, related. Getting shift points up will help get boost up. I noticed very significant difference in performance with just a few mph change in shift point on my own setup.

Your sig mentions pistons, but not the compression ratio. If you went with lower than stock CR then you'll need even higher boost. I get a peak of about 10.5 psi on my setup at the shift point and 6.5 at the bottom of the next gear. So average about 8.5 on my stock CR pistons.

I asked about the cats because cat overtemp was disabled and thought maybe you had collapsed cats. You said no cats, so we can rule that out.

How does the d1sc compare to the p1x and d1x? I havent come across anyone else using a d1sc so im just curious. I'm betting a d1x is the appropriate blower for your setup, but its not really whats holding you back right now.

As far as the tune.... nothing really jumps out at me other than what was mentioned already, but your tune and mine are very different since you are cammed and no ethanol. I know MY tune, but not "tuning" if you get me.... so in any case im sure KingLT1 will get you sorted out.

My thoughts are get your current configuration ironed out before investing in hw upgrades. If you really did dyno in the 700s then your street performance isnt matching. Getting more hw upgrades wont necessarily solve the issue.

I believe the D1sc like the P1sc are just the older models. I am sending in my D1sc this winter and they will upfit it to a D1x. Not a huge difference from what I am told but more efficient.

I am not really looking for much more power especially if like just about everyone is saying that I can get more out of what I have. Even the power I have now is pushing the edge of what I would want out of a street car. I really just want to get off relying on meth as a fuel source.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #34
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
You won't gain much going to a D1x at your current level. And you might even slow down being you will trade midrang boost for more boost up top. The X series stuff likes RPM. Not worth moving up to until you want to spin the engine 7200rpm + and make 900+ whp. You are not even close to pushing your D1SC yet.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:17 PM   #35
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I have to agree with KingLT1, as IMO swapping to a D1x from a D1sc is not worth doing at this time. From MY perspective, I would want to get the car working properly with the parts you already have, instead of spending a bunch of money for possibly no meaningful gains at this point.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #36
rcoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
I have to agree with KingLT1, as IMO swapping to a D1x from a D1sc is not worth doing at this time. From MY perspective, I would want to get the car working properly with the parts you already have, instead of spending a bunch of money for possibly no meaningful gains at this point.

This is the plan now currently working on a flex tune.

Up until I ran it down the 1/4 mile I thought everything was good. Only reason I was going to do the expensive fuel upgrades was the shop told me I needed them to get off meth and onto flex. Looks like they might have been wrong. If I can get a little more usable power, better shifting and nix the meth I would be real happy. D1x was just a cheap and easy upgrade, plus would get a fresh head unit as mine has 10k on it.