Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #29
DJC

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Do you have a link for this sub enclosure? It looks like it fits extremely good. Is it easy to take it out, for some hauling of long stuff from home depot?

BTW. Anybody have schematic for this magical t-harness?
If you combine the words “sub” and “thump” then you’ll be able to Google their website. Buy their sub add-on kit and be done with it. They give you the prewired X1 pass-through harness with 4 wires tapped off (speaker (high) output level) to send to your amp. They also give you the X3 pass-through to deal with ANC. But… As far as a schematic, very simple, see photos. I’ve edited another user’s speaker details list to reflect the wire colors we have in our Camaros. This drawing is boss over the next two. The next two are the pages from the ZEN-AVB manual (which you can download from the NAV TV website) where the pinouts are shown for all four plugs, X1 through X4. However, they got it wrong for the exact speakers in our Camaros. Rely on the hand-drawn diagram to learn which Camaro speaker is fed from which pin in the factory Bose harnesses. You get the + and - from the Zen pages. Look at X1 and tap into + and - for each of the left (3+, 7-) and right (2+,6-) door speakers. Those have a good bass signal from the BOSE amp, even if it’s boosted a bit ~50hz. You will tune that out for your sub anyway. However, if going DIY, you’ll still need to deal with the ANC on X3 by cutting the offending wires for the two ANC microphones. By the way, eliminating the ANC gave me a DTC code for no power to each of the two ANC microphones when using HP Tuners to run a diagnostic sweep on my car! Not to worry, this does not affect emissions and does not trigger the SES light. HP Tuners can bring up all sorts of extra diagnosis codes far beyond the ECM/PCM. Cool!

Confusing for folks wanting to get four channels for front and rear is that the factory sent just one of the rear channels out on X1 and put the other on X2. Luckily, for a simple sub add-on you only need the stereo pair from front doors so that is, thankfully, all on X1.

The box itself is indeed a close fit. To get it in/out you pass it through from inside the car over the folded-down rear seat. It will not go in through the trunk. You have to rotate it so the driver faces up, slide it near to position, then rotate it so driver faces forward. Tight squeeze!
Attached Images

Last edited by DJC; 10-23-2022 at 09:15 AM.
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #30
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
If you combine the words “sub” and “thump” then you’ll be able to Google their website. Buy their sub add-on kit and be done with it. They give you the prewired X1 pass-through harness with 4 wires tapped off (speaker (high) output level) to send to your amp. They also give you the X3 pass-through to deal with ANC. But… As far as a schematic, very simple, see photos. I’ve edited another user’s speaker details list to reflect the wire colors we have in our Camaros. This drawing is boss over the next two. The next two are the pages from the ZEN-AVB manual (which you can download from the NAV TV website) where the pinouts are shown for all four plugs, X1 through X4. However, they got it wrong for the exact speakers in our Camaros. Rely on the hand-drawn diagram to learn which Camaro speaker is fed from which pin in the factory Bose harnesses. You get the + and - from the Zen pages. Look at X1 and tap into + and - for each of the left (3+, 7-) and right (2+,6-) door speakers. Those have a good bass signal from the BOSE amp, even if it’s boosted a bit ~50hz. You will tune that out for your sub anyway. However, if going DIY, you’ll still need to deal with the ANC on X3 by cutting the offending wires for the two ANC microphones. By the way, eliminating the ANC gave me a DTC code for no power to each of the two ANC microphones when using HP Tuners to run a diagnostic sweep on my car! Not to worry, this does not affect emissions and does not trigger the SES light. HP Tuners can bring up all sorts of extra diagnosis codes far beyond the ECM/PCM. Cool!

Confusing for folks wanting to get four channels for front and rear is that the factory sent just one of the rear channels out on X1 and put the other on X2. Luckily, for a simple sub add-on you only need the stereo pair from front doors so that is, thankfully, all on X1.

The box itself is indeed a close fit. To get it in/out you pass it through from inside the car over the folded-down rear seat. It will not go in through the trunk. You have to rotate it so the driver faces up, slide it near to position, then rotate it so driver faces forward. Tight squeeze!

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #31
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
1) Swap out the Bose speakers in doors and the dash. I used Infinity Kappa 693C components for the 6”x9” woofers in each door and 1” tweeters. Infinity Kappa Perfect 300 for the 3.5” center channel and their Kappa 203S for the stock dash 2.5” left and right locations.
Do you Sir consider this swap worth money and hassle? I am in the process of building a sub, but I could potentially get some gooood price on Kappa speakers for front too.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #32
DJC

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
I do consider this a cost-effective upgrade. You could save $ up front by not doing the front center. However, the sound balance may differ across the dash between the new lefts and rights and the OEM center - and you’ll have to pull that panel once again if you decide to do it later.