Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #43
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Thank you !

I might follow this advice if I don’t get it sold today. I’m not buying anything else at the moment, money is going to the bank until I find a classic I like.

I might follow your advice if I don’t sale it today. I’ll take a bunch of pictures and put them up on cars.com, auto trader and maybe even Craigslist over the winter.

Maybe someone will take the bait during the winter months. If not, I’m sure the supply chain woes will still be around next spring. If that’s the case, I shouldn’t have an issue selling it then.

Im getting it washed now and I’m already getting emotional about the thought of letting it go.
Even here. You can post it here. There is always people looking to buy

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #44
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Alain I just (last month) sold my ZLE to a “dealer” who specializes in buying and selling higher end cars. VERY simple transaction- in NJ like u. Just on pictures and came with money to pick it up- fair price. Call / text him - +1 (973) 747-6885 Ralph
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #45
Zl1+911

Based on my recent sale I think you should be able to get around $63k (with a dealer) I would recommend taking off all after market parts a selling for additional $1k. So total of $64k is achievable
Old 10-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #46
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I honestly think your best bet is to sell it outright because you can reach a much larger audience. I think you will come out better even if you have to wait a few weeks to get the buyer you want. Unless you're trading it to save on the tax credit, selling outright is typically going to give you the best results. I would post it on Cars.com and Autotrader.com
You may make a bit more selling privately but it can get sketchy dealing with random people

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #47
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1+911 View Post
Alain I just (last month) sold my ZLE to a “dealer” who specializes in buying and selling higher end cars. VERY simple transaction- in NJ like u. Just on pictures and came with money to pick it up- fair price. Call / text him - +1 (973) 747-6885 Ralph
Im at the Chevy dealership where I bought the car. Waiting to talk to the used car sales manager that was involved in my deal three years ago.

If these dealerships don’t work out I’ll reach out to your guy. Thank you for sharing. If you have anymore info you can share with me about him and the experience you had please pm me.

Quote:
Based on my recent sale I think you should be able to get around $63k (with a dealer) I would recommend taking off all after market parts a selling for additional $1k. So total of $64k is achievable
I might just let it go with the ROTO FAB CAI and catch can. I don’t think I want to spend the time to take the catch can off. Throttle controller is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
You may make a bit more selling privately but it can get sketchy dealing with random people
Yea, dealt with the Craigslist weirdos two years ago when selling my girlfriend’s Jetta.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #48
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Even here. You can post it here. There is always people looking to buy

Yea, I’ll put it on here as well.
I feel like putting it on here will be a long shot. Most of us already have camaros lol

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 10-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #49
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
So, I also sold my car to Vroom, it was by far the best offer, and the first part went quickly.
The Local dealer, was the worst offer with about 8 grand difference.

The rest of ordeal was filled with anxiety, because I did have a decent backup deal from the dealer I actually bought the car from, but I would have had to get the car there, and have someone follow me to get a ride back 400 mile round trip.

If Vroom fell through, I was hoping that one didn’t disappear.

I initiated the process to Vroom on 25 August, and the deal basically took over a month, picked up on 1 October.

In the middle of that against their own terms, I was ghosted quite a few times, I was thinking they were trying to back out by not getting back to me, and I would give up.

I didn’t, I would call and not get anywhere, and then I got a direct extension and name.
I would call and get what I thought was good info, and then he ghost me again. So, I would leave voice mail, and then on like week 3, instead of going to the same VM, I hung on for the next available, and got a new person, she turned out to be one that saved my deal.

I explained the situation and she put me on hold, and came back with information that my deal was to old and that the mileage was probably much higher, I was to start over.

I (for once) didn’t lose my shit and explained that I have been calling daily for 3 weeks, and at no time did anyone say I had to start over, I had even supplied my bank pay off twice, because the want a 10 day payoff and they allowed it to expire twice more since the first one on the 25 August.
I also stated that I had not drove the car and it was a super inconvenience because I can’t do anything until I sell this one.

Moreover each time they asked, I had supplied the information that day, and I said all of these phone calls are recorded correct? You can go over the transcripts and you will find all this to be true, and I have been waiting on you.

Well she agreed with me, and this time put me on hold then transferred me to my final person that actually started working the deal, I had my fedex package the next day to mail the title to them in Texas, I had already supplied my bank transfer information, once it was finally picked up, I had my bank funds in 3 days.

Was all that worth it for me, yes, because I getting more the I owed and it’s seed money for my next project.
But, It’s hard to recommend if that’s what the do with everyone, I am just retired that’s why I sold the car, so I actually have the time to call them everyday, but most people don’t.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:05 PM   #50
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
I sold my 2019 STI on Vroom. Super easy just took 3 weeks to hear from the Transport company/guy. Also, just like someone posted before, the BOL is extremely important upon pick up. The driver will take detailed pics of the car and sign an electronic document. This triggers the payment process to you.

I might buy on Vroom, I'm very close. Soon as I see a V6 1le with low miles i'm buying.
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:41 AM   #51
Alain

Okay fellers. Here’s the update.
I first went to the Chevy dealership (the same dealership I got the car from three years ago). They started off at 61k, I easily got them to 63k. Before I committed to them I went to a KIA dealership 20 minutes away.

The KIA dealership is part of a big dealership network (that’s important). I made a mistake and told them what my number was early on (65k), don’t do that. They started me off at 63,300. I held my ground and walked away with 64,500. I could have probably gotten the 65k if I would have pushed harder, it just wasn’t worth my time and energy for an extra $500.

If you are selling to a dealership in the north east, try to go to a dealership that is part of a country wide network. They are more likely to give you top dollar because they can ship the car down south to sale (or wherever the market is hot for that particular car). This was the insight I was given by my local dealerships after I tried to get them to match or do better than the 64,500 offer i got from KIA.

I threw them the two keys and the title and asked them to drive me home. They actually sent me home in my own car with one of their young sales people and she drove the car back to the dealership from my house.

Dealerships are slimy, when I walked in they paired me width a 19 year old girl who was as cute and friendly as could be (she ended up being the one who drove my car back to the dealership from my house after dropping me off). They were trying to soften me up by having me deal with her. Did not work, I walked away from her mid sentence multiple times during the appraisal process.

Like I said, don’t give them a number like I did. Who knows how much more I could have gotten. According to the manager at my local Chevy dealership what I got for my car was really good.

If you have a car like mine, well taken care of and low miles, make them work for it. I broke even after 3 years of ownership,it’s mind blowing how crazy the market is !!!

Im going to miss that car. I got really emotional as she was driving it away. But, sometimes you gotta let go of one to move on to something else. Hopefully I can find a good classic car like an impala, Bel Air or a Chevelle. I have to educate myself on the classic car world so I don’t end up with a rust bucket.

Thank you all for your advice on this !!! Love this community!!!!!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-23-2021, 08:53 AM   #52
Zl1+911

$64.5 is a fair trade in value you got. I would have put it right there.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:16 AM   #53
Alain

Quote:
$64.5 is a fair trade in value you got. I would have put it right there.
I don’t know that i would have gotten much better by selling it online myself. Maybe $1000-1500 better? That amount of money is not worth my time and effort dealing with people and showing the car.
Plus I don’t think I would have sold it before the end of the year, the car would have been one model year older next year and the market might not be as hot.

I was also getting ready to change the oil, put the cover on it and put it away for the winter. I would not have liked to have to drive it in the winter to meet someone to show the car.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #54
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
You got pretty much what I expected to be on the higher end of the range (65K would have been my # if I had that car). So, in my opinion you made out very well. I disagree with the recommendation / tactic of not telling the dealer your top line #. As much as we all complain about dealerships, they’re businesses like anywhere else. They’re not going to play “we’ll just keep upping the offer” without your cooperation / knowing your sell point. That doesn’t make alot of sense when negotiating. You got more because you told them that # and pretty much stuck to it.

Good luck on finding your upcoming classic!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #55
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Agree. Good deal brother. I hope you find the next ride and enjoy it.

Old 10-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #56
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
You got pretty much what I expected to be on the higher end of the range (65K would have been my # if I had that car). So, in my opinion you made out very well. I disagree with the recommendation / tactic of not telling the dealer your top line #. As much as we all complain about dealerships, they’re businesses like anywhere else. They’re not going to play “we’ll just keep upping the offer” without your cooperation / knowing your sell point. That doesn’t make alot of sense when negotiating. You got more because you told them that # and pretty much stuck to it.

Good luck on finding your upcoming classic!
You make a great point. I should rephrase my statement, I should have hit them with 66k or higher initially. And settled for 65k. You are correct, I would have had to give them a number at some point.
I think I could have gotten the 65 if I stuck to it. $500 won’t keep me up at night though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Agree. Good deal brother. I hope you find the next ride and enjoy it.

Thank you brother. The hunt will begin once I buy my house next year.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot