Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 02-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #57765
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP@TeamBeckyD View Post
Good Morning Tara

4200 Status

....It's moving! ....

JoeP@TeamBeckyD
You're catching up, Tara. Made up a week getting on the train.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #57766
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28deuce View Post
Oh well, maybe today...

Thank you, Joe!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD
Old 02-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #57767
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP@TeamBeckyD View Post
Good Morning Tara

4200 Status

....It's moving! ....

JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Thanks, Joe! That was faster than I was expecting. Does this means that it might be on a train now heading south?

It's a good thing that I got my trade-in all ready this weekend!

Take care,

Tara

PS... Dealer called me the other day to tell me that the estimated arrival date at the dealership was quoted to them as 16-Feb-21, but that date would probably slip to at least 20-Feb-21 because of /reasons.

Last edited by Tara Martin; 02-08-2021 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 02-08-2021, 09:56 AM   #57768
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28deuce View Post
You're catching up, Tara. Made up a week getting on the train.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Yeah, that was a lot faster than I figured!

Thanks,

Tara

Old 02-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #57769
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Hi Stuart,

Yeah, that was a lot faster than I figured!

Thanks,

Tara
Hi Tara,

You've still got a little time to wait (anxiously). Mine's been on the train for a week. Expecting it to unload any day now, though.

Stuart

Old 02-08-2021, 09:52 PM   #57770
KC Ron

Drives: 2021 2SS Crush Orange
Good evening Joe! You've helped me out a couple times over the past few months regarding the Camaro I ordered back in November, and I'm hoping you can help alleviate some anxiety I have over this purchase and amount of time it's taken to arrive.

Back on Dec 17th, you were able to check on the order and let me know that the car was built and had a status of 4200 (Order #ZDPM9N). I reached out to the dealer, and they confirmed the same info and informed me that car could be here the week after Christmas. I was going to be out of town over the holidays, so I went in to finalize my paperwork on 12/26 expecting the car to arrive within that next week.

The next week came and went, as did the following couple of weeks. I was in constant contact with the dealer to get updates, and growing more frustrated with each passing day. I searched the forums for info on shipping, and was directed to check out the Jack Cooper Pals Portal.

When I searched my VIN on that site, it indicated that the car had moved from Grand River Assembly to DV Lansing VDC CN Yard on 12/8. The dealer kept reassuring me that it was heading this way, but I finally lost my patience and dropped by the dealership on January 19 to air my frustration with the whole delivery process and the lack of information available to the buyer. They promised to get the GM Zone Rep on it ASAP and make it a priority. They even opened a case number at Jack Cooper. I was told the car had been loaded onto a railcar and was headed my way with an estimated delivery time of 2 weeks. I requested that the dealer initiate OnStar on the vehicle so I could track it on my Chevy App, which they did.

The vehicle did not move until 1/29, when it was transported back over to Grand River Assembly Plant. In follow-up with the dealer, I've come to understand that it had been bayed for quality control while at the other location. No mention of this was ever provided until I kept digging. On Thursday of last week (2/4), I lost my ability to see the vehicle through OnStar. I reached out to the dealer on Saturday to check on this, and they believe that means it's on the railcar and headed this way. I've asked them to confirm that with the zone rep, but I haven't heard anything certain yet as of today (2/8).

This process has been the most frustrating consumer experience I've ever had. The car was ordered on 11/11, built by 12/8, and as of 2/8 I don't even know where it's at or when I might see it. Is there anything you can see on your end, or advice you can provide? Either or both would be greatly appreciated. I've learned a great deal from this experience. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be realizing a dream of owning my first Camaro has turned into a nightmare experience. My loyalty to GM has been shaken to the point that my next vehicle purchase will likely be from another auto maker.

Thanks for all you do on this forum. I wish others were as reliable and helpful as you are to the members of this forum.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:04 AM   #57771
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
The logistics industry, as are most others, in turmoil due to the health crisis and restrictions in place. Close friend is in the trucking business over 25 yrs and drives for a big nat'l (1,000 of semi's) retail corp. Says they can't catch up with the demand, unprecedented volume and limited employee availability are all factors causing big delays and product shortages nationwide.

I am sure this a big factor in the delivery of vehicles as well.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:10 AM   #57772
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Good morning Joe.

Still cold, a little more snow. Typical February weather. I am trying to make the best of it.

Enjoy your day.

Dan
Old 02-09-2021, 05:08 AM   #57773
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Ron View Post
Good evening Joe! You've helped me out a couple times over the past few months regarding the Camaro I ordered back in November, and I'm hoping you can help alleviate some anxiety I have over this purchase and amount of time it's taken to arrive.

Back on Dec 17th, you were able to check on the order and let me know that the car was built and had a status of 4200 (Order #ZDPM9N). I reached out to the dealer, and they confirmed the same info and informed me that car could be here the week after Christmas. I was going to be out of town over the holidays, so I went in to finalize my paperwork on 12/26 expecting the car to arrive within that next week.

The next week came and went, as did the following couple of weeks. I was in constant contact with the dealer to get updates, and growing more frustrated with each passing day. I searched the forums for info on shipping, and was directed to check out the Jack Cooper Pals Portal.

When I searched my VIN on that site, it indicated that the car had moved from Grand River Assembly to DV Lansing VDC CN Yard on 12/8. The dealer kept reassuring me that it was heading this way, but I finally lost my patience and dropped by the dealership on January 19 to air my frustration with the whole delivery process and the lack of information available to the buyer. They promised to get the GM Zone Rep on it ASAP and make it a priority. They even opened a case number at Jack Cooper. I was told the car had been loaded onto a railcar and was headed my way with an estimated delivery time of 2 weeks. I requested that the dealer initiate OnStar on the vehicle so I could track it on my Chevy App, which they did.

The vehicle did not move until 1/29, when it was transported back over to Grand River Assembly Plant. In follow-up with the dealer, I've come to understand that it had been bayed for quality control while at the other location. No mention of this was ever provided until I kept digging. On Thursday of last week (2/4), I lost my ability to see the vehicle through OnStar. I reached out to the dealer on Saturday to check on this, and they believe that means it's on the railcar and headed this way. I've asked them to confirm that with the zone rep, but I haven't heard anything certain yet as of today (2/8).

This process has been the most frustrating consumer experience I've ever had. The car was ordered on 11/11, built by 12/8, and as of 2/8 I don't even know where it's at or when I might see it. Is there anything you can see on your end, or advice you can provide? Either or both would be greatly appreciated. I've learned a great deal from this experience. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be realizing a dream of owning my first Camaro has turned into a nightmare experience. My loyalty to GM has been shaken to the point that my next vehicle purchase will likely be from another auto maker.

Thanks for all you do on this forum. I wish others were as reliable and helpful as you are to the members of this forum.

Good Morning
When a vehicle is reported "Delivered" -
It is no longer available for my system to see.

OnStar will “Timout” after a number of usages..
& will reconnect- when the vehicle is started.

Only the ordering dealer can see progress....
Ask them to look at "Event History" on the order.
That is where they can see the rail car info.

for your delay..

JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 02-09-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:08 AM   #57774
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
The logistics industry, as are most others, in turmoil due to the health crisis and restrictions in place. Close friend is in the trucking business over 25 yrs and drives for a big nat'l (1,000 of semi's) retail corp. Says they can't catch up with the demand, unprecedented volume and limited employee availability are all factors causing big delays and product shortages nationwide.

I am sure this a big factor in the delivery of vehicles as well.
Good Morning Mike

Absolutely correct...

JoeP@TeamBeckyD
Old 02-09-2021, 05:10 AM   #57775
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Good morning Joe.

Still cold, a little more snow. Typical February weather. I am trying to make the best of it.

Enjoy your day.

Dan
Good Morning Dan

We also got a dusting last night...

Have a Great Day

JoeP@TeamBeckyD
Old 02-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #57776
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Morning Joe Happy Tuesday hope all is going well.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:52 AM   #57777
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Morning Joe Happy Tuesday hope all is going well.
Good Morning Sean

Today is Payton's - 6th Birthday...

JoeP@TeamBeckyD
Old 02-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #57778
River.SS

Drives: Future: Riverside Blue 1SS 1LE
Good morning Joe,

When you have a moment could you check on ZHTRK3 for me? Im hoping it still isn't at 1100 like it was last Thursday. It will be 3 weeks now at 1100 if so and im not sure why it hasn't progressed.

Best regards,
Alec

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@jamesmartinchevy, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet