#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #43
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Another IMHO for you

Consider having them change the filter also. There's no reason not to, it's reasonably cheap

Hope the fluid change solves it
Old 10-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #44
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I took it to my mechanic, and while they determined they could not flush the entire transmission because they lacked the tools, they do believe that it is under filled based on what they saw.

We will see what the dealership says on Thursday when they go check the fluid level before flushing it completely
Lacked the tools? Did they elaborate?

I would be very concerned if the level was low, as that would suggest lack of proper lubrication and hence possible damage to the tranny. Press the dealer for proper analysis here, as if you need a new tranny the time might be NOW. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:45 PM   #45
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
Another IMHO for you

Consider having them change the filter also. There's no reason not to, it's reasonably cheap

Hope the fluid change solves it
You bet, the filter was ordered along with the fluid.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #46
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Lacked the tools? Did they elaborate?

I would be very concerned if the level was low, as that would suggest lack of proper lubrication and hence possible damage to the tranny. Press the dealer for proper analysis here, as if you need a new tranny the time might be NOW. Cheers!
Totally agree, talked to the head of the service and parts department to make sure he is personally overseeing it and checking the level before and after the transmission is flushed
Old 10-22-2020, 09:51 PM   #47
TrackClub

Quote:
Totally agree, talked to the head of the service and parts department to make sure he is personally overseeing it and checking the level before and after the transmission is flushed
Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #48
GunMetalGrey

Fluid level was apparently spot on, they then flushed the transmission and said the fluid looked fine.

Next step will be to datalog at the track with HPtuners and laptop
Old 10-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #49
TrackClub

Quote:
Fluid level was apparently spot on, they then flushed the transmission and said the fluid looked fine.

Next step will be to datalog at the track with HPtuners and laptop
I guess this is good/bad news, as it doesn't point towards any specific culprit. Did they suggest anything specific you should monitor at the track data wise?
Old 11-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #50
GunMetalGrey

Went to the track to data log the car to see if I could find any more detailed information to create some leads, however the car had no problems whatsoever, no warning messages or anything!

I’m still thinking those warning messages can’t have been very critical considering they didn’t trip any codes.

Now I feel better about voiding the warranty this winter and getting a Magnuson 2650 supercharger and ceramic coated LT headers
Old 11-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #51
TrackClub

Quote:
Went to the track to data log the car to see if I could find any more detailed information to create some leads, however the car had no problems whatsoever, no warning messages or anything!

I’m still thinking those warning messages can’t have been very critical considering they didn’t trip any codes.

Now I feel better about voiding the warranty this winter and getting a Magnuson 2650 supercharger and ceramic coated LT headers
Good to hear! Perhaps you got off easy and it was just old fluid. Keep in mind components wear over time and fresh fluids slow down this process. I swap new oil, diff and tranny fluid every 5-6 track days max. Additionally, if you store you car in winter, replace all of them as soon as you pull the car out. Storage is very hard on components as moisture builds up and fluids lose their lubricating qualities. If you DD in winter, change them at least once as cold starts are very hard on all components.
Basically, fluids are the last thing to save money on.
I bet you must be excited about the Maggie
Hope it works out for ya! Get ready for a higher tire budget lol! Cheers!