Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #29
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I like those but I'm having trouble convincing myself to spend $90 on them.
spent $10-12 and made five of my own... One for the jack and 4 for the jackstands; found I had to bolt 2 together for each one just to get some clearence and I didn't like how much I cut through the 'top' puck, so the 'bottom' puck was piece of mind.

My car doesn't move on these at all... Notched the bottoms to sit nicely on my non-flat jack stands.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #30
Corner carver

Not a great pic... I could take another if anyone is curious
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #31
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Not a great pic... I could take another if anyone is curious
I've seen yours in a few other threads and do like them. I wasn't aware that you notched the bottom though for the jack stands. Do you have any photos of the bottom or of them being used on the jack stands? The notching of the bottom isn't a bad idea to use them with jack stands.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #32
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Well, my pinch weld for the rear driver side is slightly bent as well :(

Wonder if the dealership can fix it.. heat it, bend it back etc.. If not I'll take it elsewhere probably a body shop

Last edited by Richard0nee; 05-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #33
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
I've seen yours in a few other threads and do like them. I wasn't aware that you notched the bottom though for the jack stands. Do you have any photos of the bottom or of them being used on the jack stands? The notching of the bottom isn't a bad idea to use them with jack stands.
AWESOME idea! Yes, photos of the bottom of the puck would be GREAT!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #34
Neverenuff

Drives: '17 2SS A8 Nav NPP
I bought these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017 Summit White 2SS | A8 | Nav | MRR M017's | Nitto NT555 G2's 285/30, 305/30 | GM Strut Tower Brace | Gloss Black GM Front Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | Black front Bowtie rear Bowtie delete | Oracle LED Side Markers | Roto Fab CAI | SEMA grill | Borla S-Type axle back | Borla X Pipe/Mid Pipe w/2nd cat deletes | Power Stop Z26 pads | BMR sway bars & end links, upper/lower trailing arms, upper control arms, chassis braces | ACS ZL1 style rockers | OEM ZL1 rear spoiler | ZL1 start button | Mishimoto catch can | ZL1 6 Pots w/2 piece 390mm rotors | Valentine 1 hard wired | Husky Liners |
Neverenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #35
Zepp

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverenuff View Post
This one will work better with our cars and other sports cars. It's the same jack, just a little shorter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...re-bullets-btf
Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #36
Neverenuff

Drives: '17 2SS A8 Nav NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
This one will work better with our cars and other sports cars. It's the same jack, just a little shorter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...re-bullets-btf

I saw those but they weren't available for same day delivery and I needed them that day. 11" vs 13" wasn't a big deal for me.
2017 Summit White 2SS | A8 | Nav | MRR M017's | Nitto NT555 G2's 285/30, 305/30 | GM Strut Tower Brace | Gloss Black GM Front Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | Black front Bowtie rear Bowtie delete | Oracle LED Side Markers | Roto Fab CAI | SEMA grill | Borla S-Type axle back | Borla X Pipe/Mid Pipe w/2nd cat deletes | Power Stop Z26 pads | BMR sway bars & end links, upper/lower trailing arms, upper control arms, chassis braces | ACS ZL1 style rockers | OEM ZL1 rear spoiler | ZL1 start button | Mishimoto catch can | ZL1 6 Pots w/2 piece 390mm rotors | Valentine 1 hard wired | Husky Liners |
Neverenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #37
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Hey hzisfrom1994.

That REALLY SUCKS that one of the pinch welds is bent. One of my biggest fears....... I have no idea how, and if that is even repairable. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.

I currently have mine up on 4 jack stands for the Winter. It REALLY makes me nervous, as each of the pinch welds are sitting on the metal "V" on the jack stands. I did use my ZL1Addons magnetic jack pad with my floor jack to initially lift the car in order to place the jack stands down. It worked well for me.

Having read your thread, I just ordered a set of 4 Race Ramps FlatStoppers, to start using for my Winter storage months.

Again, sorry to hear of this and will be watching this thread to see if someone can chime in and give you some recommendations to possibly repair the pinch weld.
Mike, how did you get the rear on a jack stand at the pinch weld. I thought the cross brace on verts took over that space on the rear?
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:30 AM   #38
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Man, you guys are really overcomplicating this. I don't like using the pinch welds due to obvious reasons.

What I do is use the cross member up front with a 4x4 block of wood and the frame area behind and inboard of the front wheels.

For the back, I use a piece of wood on the rear cradle to body bushing point just inboard of the rear wheels where the rear subframe to rear cradle bushing sits.

I've lifted my car at these location points several times already with not so much as a scratch or mark done to the car. Of course, you may need some ramps in the front to raise it high enough to get the floor jack under the engine cradle with the piece of 4x4.

I've had no problems using this method on my 5th gen so the 6th gen should be very similar if not almost the same.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #39
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Man, you guys are really overcomplicating this. I don't like using the pinch welds due to obvious reasons.

What I do is use the cross member up front with a 4x4 block of wood and the frame area behind and inboard of the front wheels.

For the back, I use a piece of wood on the rear cradle to body bushing point just inboard of the rear wheels where the rear subframe to rear cradle bushing sits.

I've lifted my car at these location points several times already with not so much as a scratch or mark done to the car. Of course, you may need some ramps in the front to raise it high enough to get the floor jack under the engine cradle with the piece of 4x4.

I've had no problems using this method on my 5th gen so the 6th gen should be very similar if not almost the same.
The 6th gen is not the same, unfortunately. The front cross-member is covered by the aluminum shear panel on SS and ZL1 models, so it's not practical to remove the aluminum shear panel each time. Inboard of the front wheels, there's a lift point that suitable for a 4pt lift, but not for jacking up one side at a time (several on the forum tried and posted pictures of damage afterwards). I'm going to have a closer look, but it appears that the pinch weld is the least risky jacking point in front (when jacking one side at at time) and is the only place recommended by GM. The rear is easy since the crossmember behind the diff can be used.

The LT models have it easier up front, since they don't have the aluminum sheer panel and the front crossmember is accessible.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:09 AM   #40
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
im going to use 2 jacks up front to lift both sides at the same time.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #41
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
im going to use 2 jacks up front to lift both sides at the same time.
I like that approach!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #42
Corner carver

Quote:
Just noticed this post Eric, will grab a pic when I get home!
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed