Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #15
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEing View Post
He says he put a CAI in and got 100hp extra from a tune. Can't tell if trolling or not. Now sitting on 350 hp he says.
His numbers seem a little cushioned, even if he really does have that.. you still have a good chance at beating him. The best part is, he would take off faster than you, and you would drive around him like he wasn't even racing hahaha. I think you could cure his office talk by getting him to put his car where his mouth is. Shoot for a race from a roll at like 40-50 mph.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #16
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
His numbers seem a little cushioned, even if he really does have that.. you still have a good chance at beating him. The best part is, he would take off faster than you, and you would drive around him like he wasn't even racing hahaha. I think you could cure his office talk by getting him to put his car where his mouth is. Shoot for a race from a roll at like 40-50 mph.
He'd win from any roll really...tell him to roll race you at 5 mph "just so no one's trans is damaged". If he bites, you annihilate him.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #17
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Me and a coworker are arguing over who's faster. My argument is since the new gen camaros are much lighter it should beat the TTS (not the TTRS). What do you guys think?
Where in NY are you? Im in Rochester--tell your coworker he is driving a VW Beetle. Ask what flowers he has has in the cup holder. And if he wants to race a modded TTS against a modded 6th Gen--I'll be more than happy to oblige his request.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #18
ICEing
Hugh Mungus WOT??

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Convertible Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
Where in NY are you? Im in Rochester--tell your coworker he is driving a VW Beetle. Ask what flowers he has has in the cup holder. And if he wants to race a modded TTS against a modded 6th Gen--I'll be more than happy to oblige his request.
Haha I told him that about the Beetle.

I'm in the Bronx. We agreed to race after work and he decided to pick a spot in Pelham and to follow him. While on the way there he guns it and cuts off a truck in 20mph traffic then calls off the race saying if I can't keep up with him in traffic then there is no point in racing "for real" as he knows he's "faster" now.
ICEing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #19
Chevy71

Quote:
Haha I told him that about the Beetle.

I'm in the Bronx. We agreed to race after work and he decided to pick a spot in Pelham and to follow him. While on the way there he guns it and cuts off a truck in 20mph traffic then calls off the race saying if I can't keep up with him in traffic then there is no point in racing "for real" as he knows he's "faster" now.
He knows he isn't, he's playing childish games. I wouldn't even cater to his pu$$y a$$! What kind of man buys a TT in the first place. He's all talk.
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 05-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #20
ICEing
Hugh Mungus WOT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
He knows he isn't, he's playing childish games. I wouldn't even cater to his pu$$y a$$! What kind of man buys a TT in the first place. He's all talk.
I know. But it's frustrating that he won't let me embarrass him and prove him wrong.

His logic is and I quote "If you want to beat me in a street race, you shouldn't have bought a slow ass boat. I can weave through traffic while you are only good in a straight line"

It's quite irritating lol. I told him by that logic, i can beat you in stop and go traffic in my bicycle by lane splitting lol. "Street racing"

He told me he doesn't do quarter miles. "It's all about the streets"

He takes his street racing in his TTS very seriously I guess.

I guess in reality it doesn't matter. I bought my Camaro for fun not to race through NYC traffic. Too much risk for me with State Troopers. 6th gen also looks 200x better than an overpriced VW Bug. It's just the constant shit talking that gets annoying.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I have an S3 with a stage 1 tune and it launches hard and will scoot along pretty well under 100mph but the SS builds speed much better the faster it goes.

for reference, I just watched a video of a guy in a TTRS at Laguna Seca pulling a time of 1:43 (good driver, a second or two faster than I did in my Camaro 1SS) and he only hit 119 mph at the end of the main straight and I hit 120.... essentially identical and that's a TTRS and in the hands of someone who's a better driver than me, no doubt (meaning the Camaro SS would likely gain a couple MPH by the end).

not a scientific comparison but probably a pretty decent real-world perspective! remember... that's a TTRS. so, challenge your friend to a series of races. do some drag racing (at an actual strip), do an autocross, and then do a track day together so you can figure out whose car is better in your individual hands.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
sebaj

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 A8 Euro, Audi S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
I have an S3 with a stage 1 tune and it launches hard and will scoot along pretty well under 100mph but the SS builds speed much better the faster it goes.
True above 100 mph. I'd say it would be a driver's race with a tuned S3 on a dragstrip. My best in my stage1 S3 was 12.08@112 mph vs. 12.09@114mph in Camaro. Both automatic. Sure, mine is a european spec Audi, with a bit different engine. But the TTS is lighter, so who knows.
sebaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #23
Chevy71

Quote:
I know. But it's frustrating that he won't let me embarrass him and prove him wrong.

His logic is and I quote "If you want to beat me in a street race, you shouldn't have bought a slow ass boat. I can weave through traffic while you are only good in a straight line"

It's quite irritating lol. I told him by that logic, i can beat you in stop and go traffic in my bicycle by lane splitting lol. "Street racing"

I guess in reality it doesn't matter. I bought my Camaro for fun not to race through NYC traffic. Too much risk for me with State Troopers. 6th gen also looks 200x better than an overpriced VW Bug. It's just the constant shit talking that gets annoying.
He is looking for any excuse to get out of not being able to trash talk your car lol
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 05-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #24
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Raced an apr stage 1 s3 in a stock coyote. I got a great launch, he pulled me about 2 cars on the launch and it stayed that way up until about 80mph. Probably be a drivers race against an ss.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #25
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:

I read through this thread and can't take it anymore. Sounds like a stereotypical northeast German car owner in denial about what his car really is...and this is coming from an ex-Audi S4 owner.

The TT always was and always will be a hair dresser's car, RS or not. I would love to coordinate a surprise take down of the Zohan. I work very close to you, in Mexico of course. He can throw all the money in the world at that sled and it'll always be an over priced, over steering pig of a chick's car with no top end and computer that you can't turn off that corrects the driver's mistakes. I've beaten modded Mini Cooper's at their own game and this will be no different...there's no replacement for displacement. I'd swap my rear tires back to my Michelin's for this clown.

People like this guy up in the area we live are everywhere and are just obnoxious and drive like a-holes. I had one guy in an AMG try 3 times to blow past me once, all unprovoked. The MRC and chasis in our cars make the Camaro and all-around winner, especially for the money and upgrade potential vs. an import. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the look of frustration on their faces.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)

Last edited by LesBaer; 05-31-2017 at 06:54 AM.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:14 AM   #26
ICEing
Hugh Mungus WOT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I read through this thread and can't take it anymore. Sounds like a stereotypical northeast German car owner in denial about what his car really is...and this is coming from an ex-Audi S4 owner.

The TT always was and always will be a hair dresser's car, RS or not. I would love to coordinate a surprise take down of the Zohan. I work very close to you, in Mexico of course. He can throw all the money in the world at that sled and it'll always be an over priced, over steering pig of a chick's car with no top end and computer that you can't turn off that corrects the driver's mistakes. I've beaten modded Mini Cooper's at their own game and this will be no different...there's no replacement for displacement. I'd swap my rear tires back to my Michelin's for this clown.

People like this guy up in the area we live are everywhere and are just obnoxious and drive like a-holes. I had one guy in an AMG try 3 times to blow past me once, all unprovoked. The MRC and chasis in our cars make the Camaro and all-around winner, especially for the money and upgrade potential vs. an import. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the look of frustration on their faces.
This made my day lol. Since we had this disagreement he hasn't said much other than I'm too scared to street race, yet isn't willing to meet me at a desterted straight road and instead wants to race through a crowded freeway (Hutchinson River Parkway for you NY people) at 5pm after work, which I'm not willing to do. So pretty much nothing's happening and I've given up trying to get him to race on an empty road or even a track.

Meanwhile he wraps his Audi a different color every other week and waits for people to get out of the building and revs his engine in the parking lot so people can look at him.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #27
LesBaer
FMPG

LMAO...I'm glad I made you laugh because that's all you should be doing with this guy. The Zohan is not worth the trouble
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #28
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
This made my day lol. Since we had this disagreement he hasn't said much other than I'm too scared to street race, yet isn't willing to meet me at a desterted straight road and instead wants to race through a crowded freeway (Hutchinson River Parkway for you NY people) at 5pm after work, which I'm not willing to do. So pretty much nothing's happening and I've given up trying to get him to race on an empty road or even a track.

Meanwhile he wraps his Audi a different color every other week and waits for people to get out of the building and revs his engine in the parking lot so people can look at him.
Don't stoop to his level, if he wants to race in traffic and wrap his car different colors let him, then when someone moves the wrong way in traffic one day and he "Wraps" it around a telephone pole you'll know you made the right decision. You'r not "too scared to street race" you are "too smart to race in traffic".
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote