Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
KrisHorton
3D Renderings and such...

Drives: 2019 Shock 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to KrisHorton
Customized '16 Camaro | 3D Renderings

Hey folks, I haven't posted here in quite a while but thought I would post up a design I'm developing for the '16 Camaro SS.

I'm a 3D artist and car customizer so naturally when a new model comes out I'm instantly thinking of ways to make it look lower, meaner, and a bit cooler than it may look coming off the assembly line.

My first take on the car is a custom widebody version with flared fenders, an aggressive front lip, and a GT car wing. It's my spin on a Liberty Walk style build. This is definitely a controversial style that you'll either really like or completely hate. Love it or hate it, this style is pretty popular right now so I said "why not. I'll do my best to make it look clean."

I'm sure I'll be doing a couple versions of this car and a more tame and clean version as well. For now though, I'd love to hear some feedback. Did I keep this tasteful or is it an abomination? Either way, I hope you enjoy the renderings.

BTW - Chazcron, if you get around to reading this thread - great work on all the speculative renderings, it's been fun seeing them evolve into what was damn close to the real deal.

Kris Horton

Name:  2016camarorender1.jpg
Views: 10389
Size:  163.9 KB

Name:  2016camarorender2.jpg
Views: 9393
Size:  266.0 KB
KrisHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Love it, if the z whatever 6 gen looks anything like that it will be amazing.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
nice work - would love to see it with black wheels
Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
Jshadow
31B MP

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
Wowwww
Old 05-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
Looks like a hero car on the next Need For Speed game!
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmeltoN91 View Post
Looks like a hero car on the next Need For Speed game!
Haha that could be taken either way. Though that's the mood I tried to set with the renderings, so thanks.

Glad you guys seem to dig it!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Very nice, but you didn't just model these yesterday, so I would assume you've either had access to orthos for quite a while or worked from an existing 3D model from a gaming platform. Do tell. I had to do it the hard way. I'm pretty sure you had a non-disclosure agreement till yesterday.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Thats slightly beyond badass. The current trends with the flares look appropriate on this body. Now it just needs a high reving flat plane crank lt1
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #9
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I absolutely despise that hideously overdone wide fender look on anything and I always will, but you did a great job rendering it (which isn't surprising from the guy whose decade-old renders still get confused for a legit 6thgen concept. LOL).

Can't wait for more! (In a different style, heh)
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #10
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Very nice, but you didn't just model these yesterday, so I would assume you've either had access to orthos for quite a while or worked from an existing 3D model from a gaming platform. Do tell. I had to do it the hard way. I'm pretty sure you had a non-disclosure agreement till yesterday.
While I have modeled entire cars in about a day or two in the past, I did have access to a few different resources that let me get a head start on it and have it ready once things were no longer confidential.

I'm definitely familiar with doing things the hard way.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
Thats slightly beyond badass. The current trends with the flares look appropriate on this body. Now it just needs a high reving flat plane crank lt1
I used to do a facepalm whenever I would see these bolt-on fender kits and then I got desensitized to them...and then all of a sudden I realized it's how body kits have evolved. Big replacement bumpers with 20 swoopy vents just aren't cool anymore. Now it's about enhancing the stock look and not reinventing the wheel (or in this case, the styling of the car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I absolutely despise that hideously overdone wide fender look on anything and I always will, but you did a great job rendering it (which isn't surprising from the guy whose decade-old renders still get confused for a legit 6thgen concept. LOL).

Can't wait for more! (In a different style, heh)
For sure, there will be more stuff on the way soon. And I still get emails about my Camaro concept from '03, it's ridiculous but I do have it to thank for launching my career.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
This has my attention....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #13
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHorton View Post
While I have modeled entire cars in about a day or two in the past, I did have access to a few different resources that let me get a head start on it and have it ready once things were no longer confidential.

I'm definitely familiar with doing things the hard way.
I have no doubt. Kudos, BTW on the Hot Wheels line (and all your other work). I saw it on your website. I haven't bought one in years, but found a trading card on the ground with what I presume was your work, picked it up and put it in my center console. It is still there.

I just reread your first post. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am now 3 for three: 2005 Stang, 2015 Stang, and now the 2016 Camaro. I look forward to the next challenge.

Maybe someday I will learn and adopt a more robust modeling program. :-) What I lack in modeling and rendering finesse, I make up for with my Photoshop experience.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #14
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post

I just reread your first post. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am now 3 for three: 2005 Stang, 2015 Stang, and now the 2016 Camaro. I look forward to the next challenge.
No problem, I enjoyed seeing it take shape! What are you using to do the 3D mockups?