Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Cepak
Purchase Date 2/17/2015

Drives: none
First road trip

It was only a 3 hour drive each way to/from Austin, but I was really surprised by how comfortable the ride was. It even averaged 22.8 mpg at speeds between 75 and 80 mph.

I know what you're thinking, going to Austin before SXSW? All the vendors are setting up the week before, and you can get a lot of free cool stuff and don't have to shell out the $1,500 a person for tickets. Plus all the clubs have great music with some unexpected headliners practicing, and you don't have to deal with crowds. We even got let in to some kickoff parties. We had a great time.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepak View Post
It was only a 3 hour drive each way to/from Austin, but I was really surprised by how comfortable the ride was. It even averaged 22.8 mpg at speeds between 75 and 80 mph.

I know what you're thinking, going to Austin before SXSW? All the vendors are setting up the week before, and you can get a lot of free cool stuff and don't have to shell out the $1,500 a person for tickets. Plus all the clubs have great music with some unexpected headliners practicing, and you don't have to deal with crowds. We even got let in to some kickoff parties. We had a great time.
In 2013 I went from MA to NJ and back in mine. Good car for a trip. if you keep it under warp 9 you get even better mileage
Old 03-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I was in Austin for a weekend once and had a blast! Great to hear the Camaro made the trip there even better.
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepak View Post

$1,500 per ticket? I hope everything is free inside the gate.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Mine is our road trip/weekend warrior. In '13 we took it from Pennsylvania to Missouri then down to Oklahoma before coming back. Comfortable ride. I don't say this about many vehicles, but when we got back I still wanted to be driving the Camaro around town that night! Got around 24-25 mpg too, if my memory serves me right.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote