#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #15
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHorton View Post
No problem, I enjoyed seeing it take shape! What are you using to do the 3D mockups?
I've been using a spline-based program called Animation Master since 1999, when I modeled my 1963 Ford Falcon. I used the spy pics as rotoscopes by painstakingly matching the choreography camera's distance and focal length from as close to front side and back as I can. The rest is instinct.

I initially reused the wheels and rims from my 2015 Mustang, but the purists here were not happy with that, so I crudely mimicked the prototype's rims. Yenko tried to help with some .obj rims, but Animation Master did not like them. What is your modeling program of choice?
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
KrisHorton
3D Renderings and such...

Drives: 2019 Shock 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to KrisHorton
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
I've been using a spline-based program called Animation Master since 1999, when I modeled my 1963 Ford Falcon. I used the spy pics as rotoscopes by painstakingly matching the choreography camera's distance and focal length from as close to front side and back as I can. The rest is instinct.

I initially reused the wheels and rims from my 2015 Mustang, but the purists here were not happy with that, so I crudely mimicked the prototype's rims. Yenko tried to help with some .obj rims, but Animation Master did not like them. What is your modeling program of choice?
If you're looking for a friendly spline-based program, check out Rhino. They have a free demo on their site and it's pretty user friendly. For poly-based modeling, 3DS MAX and Maya are the ways to go. I traditionally use Softimage but since it's been acquired by Autodesk along with Maya and 3DS, it's been slowly phased out and is officially not being updated beyond 2015.
KrisHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #17
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
That must be pretty frustrating. Most modelers at your level, I would assume, are fluent in more than one program, but to have one's favorite program discontinued, that must be depressing.

Thanks for the tip about Rhino. I am aware that almost all 3-D programs have a steep learning curve, but I should dip my toes in those waters.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #18
csw.live

Quote:
Hey folks, I haven't posted here in quite a while but thought I would post up a design I'm developing for the '16 Camaro SS.

I'm a 3D artist and car customizer so naturally when a new model comes out I'm instantly thinking of ways to make it look lower, meaner, and a bit cooler than it may look coming off the assembly line.

My first take on the car is a custom widebody version with flared fenders, an aggressive front lip, and a GT car wing. It's my spin on a Liberty Walk style build. This is definitely a controversial style that you'll either really like or completely hate. Love it or hate it, this style is pretty popular right now so I said "why not. I'll do my best to make it look clean."

I'm sure I'll be doing a couple versions of this car and a more tame and clean version as well. For now though, I'd love to hear some feedback. Did I keep this tasteful or is it an abomination? Either way, I hope you enjoy the renderings.

BTW - Chazcron, if you get around to reading this thread - great work on all the speculative renderings, it's been fun seeing them evolve into what was damn close to the real deal.

Kris Horton

Attachment 717447

Attachment 717448
Looks Awesome. Wish I could see this in more colors.. Do you mind putting this in more colors?
csw.live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #19
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
That stripe looks like the way to go for the next generation. It accents the hood's lines pretty damn well.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #20
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Can you do a render of a possible production Z version. Something that we might see. That render is awesome but def nothing we will ever see from Chevy.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #21
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw.live View Post
Looks Awesome. Wish I could see this in more colors.. Do you mind putting this in more colors?
I'll probably be doing a few more renders over the coming week or two. What colors are people wanting to see the car in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
That stripe looks like the way to go for the next generation. It accents the hood's lines pretty damn well.
I think so too. Other graphics might end up looking forced on these new body lines. This setup is nice and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Can you do a render of a possible production Z version. Something that we might see. That render is awesome but def nothing we will ever see from Chevy.
I'm working on some custom aero stuff right now that could look at home on a Z28 or ZL1. I'm sure I'll do a version like that soon, though you can bet that there will be lots of photochops cropping up this week with some neat ideas as well.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #22
BlckOut
mUrDeReD oUt!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT RS V6
Customized '16 Camaro | 3D Renderings

nice
Old 05-18-2015, 02:17 AM   #23
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
I used to do a facepalm whenever I would see these bolt-on fender kits and then I got desensitized to them...and then all of a sudden I realized it's how body kits have evolved. Big replacement bumpers with 20 swoopy vents just aren't cool anymore. Now it's about enhancing the stock look and not reinventing the wheel (or in this case, the styling of the car).
I echo your sentiments. It takes the right car though. The flares like this I dont feel would work on the 5th gen. Im used to 3DS max, I sampled Rhino briefly with one of my former professors. I dont know about a car but it seemed much easier and MUCH quicker modeling, in this case, a comic character.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:37 AM   #24
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
looks killer, love the over fenders.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:53 AM   #25
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Love it...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:15 AM   #26
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
WOW!
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #27
SalMonreal

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Very nice. Looks like a strong GT350R competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SalMonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #28
KrisHorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalMonreal View Post
Very nice. Looks like a strong GT350R competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do love how over the top the GT350R is. It's not quite this crazy, but the spoiler they put on it really set it off and the front end is really mean looking.