Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #71
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Things you like/things you hate about your Camaro

In 20 yrs of driving I have yet to use a sun visor

After driving a 2015 a few wks ago I hate my rear view mirror and love the frameless mirror. I could change this out on my 2012 but I also need to upgrade to mylink

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #72
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasboy View Post
I love the looks i get from people that hate the fact that a younger guy (27) is driving such a nice car, like i have something to prove, But what they don't know is that i saved up money from my last deployment to afford what i have. But whatever I've got nothing to prove to anyone.
I know what you mean! I bought my 2010 Camaro when I was 24 and after owning it for a year I bought my 2014 and the jelly is heavy with everyone that sees a 25 year old in a good looking SS!
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #73
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
So I am listing these to film.

But the hate column is bigger than the love!!!

Post some stuff you love too! lol
Cars and Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #74
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Things to love.

- Permagrin. Just the coolest look.

- Basically I am driving the same car that appeared as a prototype in a movie. Usually the car that gets built is a mere shadow of the prototype.

- I have never in my 40 plus years of driving had people I don't know walk up to me to tell me what a great looking car I have. It is certainly an ego trip.

- The wheels. I have the 20" polished rims and I love them.

- The heads-up display. Such an impressive technology in a 2011 car.

- 300-plus horsepower AND good gas mileage in the V6. Basically I get the same MPG as my friend's Accord.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:19 AM   #75
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I've never owned a vehicle that made me smile by walking up to it, like my Camaro does. There is this weird love I have towards it and my fiancé hates it, but she said she will never let me get rid of the car, so I think I'm safe.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #76
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
I'm still confused at why you guys bought this car without looking at all the options. Do you just walk into a dealership and blindingly buy a car? Did you not look at the visors? Open the glove box? Pop the trunk? Look under the hood?

I just about pull the thing apart when I look at vehicles, especially when I'm spending more than $30,000. I check everything, that way the complaints I have are minimal. And even then, the complaints I do have like rusty rotors are a cheap fix, and don't bother me.
Dude, relax. The question is things we hate and love. We answered him. Does that mean the car is not worth owning, obviously not. No one is going to like everything about a car. There are always going to be things you dont like in any car you buy. We are just commenting on it since he asked.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #77
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Dislike:

How heavy the car feels, but everything is like that these days seems like.

The 1-2 shift

Trunk opening

stock audio system

How common Camaros are. I don't like seeing my car's twin at every other intersection.

I dislike that mine is black

Like:
Power/looks/sound (even stock)
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #78
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan454 View Post
Dude, relax. The question is things we hate and love. We answered him. Does that mean the car is not worth owning, obviously not. No one is going to like everything about a car. There are always going to be things you dont like in any car you buy. We are just commenting on it since he asked.
No ones worked up, I'm just commenting. All the gripes so far besides some unavoidable (weight, stuff like that) could have been weeded out during a test drive
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #79
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I will be making the videos 1 for good 1 for bad in the next week or so.
Cars and Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #80
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Hates:
- The Sun visors are a joke. I mean really...
- That the Ambient Light doesn't go across the dash.
- HUGE Mufflers.... and not enough "Muscle Sound".

Love:
- The Handling.
- The way it shimmies and shakes at a stop light like an old school muscle car...
- The retro'ish Look...
Old 04-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #81
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
- Fun to drive
- Love the V8 power and sound

Dislikes:
- Paint quality
- Too heavy
- Variety of mods is okay but no where near as good as some other cars. Coming from a 350z where there are seemingly endless body kits and mods the Camaro market seem...lacking.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #82
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
You Can't Always Get What You want…: https://youtu.be/j7leQB_Oe_k
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #83
Cepak
Purchase Date 2/17/2015

Drives: none
what I dislike first:

1) if I press the phone button on the steering wheel to place a call, why does the bossy infotainment biotch come on the sound system and tell me that I must turn the radio on first. Why not have the phone button just turn on the freakin' radio for you?
2) nowhere in the owners manual is it stated that your phone must be plugged into the USB port for the infotainment systems Pandora App to work. But you don't need the stupid App anyway since Pandora still works via Bluetooth, although a little limited.
3) the Navigation system is very frustrating. If the address isn't in the database, there is no way to input a latitude and longitude to get you close enough. There is a Bluetooth connection with your phone, the nav system should be able to access an off board database to get the information it needs. I end up using Google Maps for more destinations than I use the nav system, and Google Maps gives me turn-by-turn voice commands over the sound system.
4) I hate that bossy infotainment blotch, always butting in. You are trying to give voice commands, and she keeps griping at you to wait for the beep before giving commands. She's worse that bitchin' Betty on the F-35.
5) movie theater App is not really needed.
6) I'd like to see more useful Apps like vehicle diagnostics, weather radar, vehicle performance, vehicle management, camera control, situational display, etc.
7) I'd like the infotainment display to blank/turn off when not in use.
8) I'd like the nav system to allow user input if the passenger airbag is on. This way you can have your passenger manually input destinations.
9) The fuel App is OK, but it needs to be modified to be more like the Gas Buddy App on my phone.
10). The Fuel App and Movie App won't work after your Sirus XM subscription expires. These need to work in conjunction with Apps on your phone.

Basically, the infotainment system has a lot of room for improvement.

What I do like:
1) when the Navigation System does have the destination, I like the directional cues displayed in the HUD.
2) I really like the gauge layout of my 2SS
3) I really like the HUD.
4) I really like the interior with the blue leather seating surfaces, blue door panels with the blue ambient lighting.
5) since I'm used to really small and cramped cockpits, I feel the interior fits me very well.
6) I like the instant kick in the pants when I put the throttle to the floor.
7) I love the exterior styling of my 2014 2SS with the RS package and polished aluminum wheels. Very aggressive looking.
8) And most important of all, My wife likes going everywhere in it with me.

Last edited by Cepak; 04-25-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Cepak is offline   Reply With Quote