Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #57
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Nice... Looks like it would cost you $1475 to see what I'd like to see though LOL

(I'd like to see that 4 channel wideband controller rigged up with a wideband at each exhaust port in the exhaust manifold, to see the variance. Especially curious about how cylinder #3 reads)
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #58
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Nice... Looks like it would cost you $1475 to see what I'd like to see though LOL

(I'd like to see that 4 channel wideband controller rigged up with a wideband at each exhaust port in the exhaust manifold, to see the variance. Especially curious about how cylinder #3 reads)
One of the big reasons I went with this setup is the 4 channel wideband actually I'm taking my time and doing this up right.

That setup will have to wait till at least this fall when the car is back off the road for the season unfortunately... Most of my 'modding budget' will be spent on wheels and suspension this year

It would be very interesting to put the 'cylinder 3' discussion to the test though, I agree. This is the exact kind of input I was hoping for! I think this is one that should be definitely checked out.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed

Last edited by Corner carver; 04-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #59
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
I believe GM was hedging their bets with those published weights: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=477232&page=3

This car was a bone stock 1LT M6, no options and tipped the scales at 3237lbs.

My car is also a 1LT M6... The difference being I have the RS package (20"×8.5" split 5 spokes/ runflat tires), the HD brake and cooling kit (4 piston front calipers, tranny cooler, 2 auxiliary rads), Bose sound system with 8"screen...

I will know better soon, but I expect to land right around 3300lbs myself. The 3410lbs I assume would be for a 2LT A8, RS, sunroof and loaded.

Just finished the rough draft of my parts list and will be updating shortly, just gotta find some pics to keep the peeps happy ... Spolier: full street car under 3000lbs inbound .

a full tank of gas is about 115 lbs...

so your goal of 3115 lbs with no driver.... correct?

are you still going to trim some weight?

Last edited by aa406079; 04-14-2018 at 03:37 AM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #60
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
a full tank of gas is about 115 lbs...

so your goal of 3115 lbs with no driver.... correct?

are you still going to trim some weight?
Yes as budget allows this year... Mostly concentrating on my suspension setup this year, but that should include a few weight saving items such as: wheels and tires which should knock out 20+lbs per corner, hollow anti-roll bars and carbon front fenders to clear the tires.

More weight savings will come the following year with additional carbon body panels, seats (I really like the ones you've picked out for your build), and a custom titanium exhaust... Many more other things that are in development that I'm not quite ready to share yet
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed

Last edited by Corner carver; 04-15-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #61
Corner carver

Oil changed, trans flushed and rear diff flushed...ready for the road!
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #62
Corner carver

There's just one small problem...
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #63
Corner carver

On a side note we traded in our Colorado Z71 with the duramax on Saturday... Going to miss this truck, I loved it! Don't fret! There's something new inbound and due in next week to replace it
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #64
Corner carver

The replacement has landed; can't wait to get my grubby paws on this new beast: 2018 Colorado ZR2 Midnight Edition with the baby Duramax diesel. Order to delivery will only be 6 weeks start to finish, I waited 8 months for my first Colorado!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #65
Corner carver

It still needs to be prepped, I can't pick it up till Friday regardless...the wait is gonna kill me
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #66
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Oh very cool, congrats! I'd love to see a dyno of those DSSV dampers.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #67
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Oh very cool, congrats! I'd love to see a dyno of those DSSV dampers.
Thank you! I'm crazy excited to try it out; they already have a bunch of upgrades available including longer travel DSSV dampeners
Old 04-24-2018, 04:36 PM   #68
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Those things are HOT right now. We can't keep one on the lot!!
Got any plans for it?

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #69
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Those things are HOT right now. We can't keep one on the lot!!
Got any plans for it?
I'll probably do a few minor things to it right off the bat, but beyond that I'll enjoy it as is for a little while... I'd be lying if I said the Chevy performance parts out already didn't interest me. Also heard the diesel is unable to do a body lift, not sure why... I'd like to add a 1"-1.5" body lift to get clearance for 33" tires.

The dealership I deal with is a bit on the small side, so it's hard for them to get these in... They've had none on the lot and this is only the second one they've been able to order. They didn't think they'd be able to order one for me, but my salesman went to bat (same guy I used for the first Colorado and the Camaro) and he wasn't afraid to let the manager know that I patiently waited almost 9 months for my first Colorado (diesel gate).