Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Tabester

Drives: 18 Camaro Zl1 1LE 06 Pontiac GTO
Need some help ASAP gents

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can drop some knowledge on me, I just installed some stainless works 1 7/8 headers on my 18 ss 1LE yesterday. Everything went fine car turned on, I ran it for a while last night with no issues. Earlier today oh my way to the muffler shop (driving with open headers) to weld in some connection pipes, about 2 blocks away no warnings car just dies at the light. No power. Car didn’t turn it back on, the light comes on the ignition switch, Passenger side window, radio and a/c are the ONLY things that work, had to get it towed home.

I looked it over when I got home and pulled the starter and saw the starter wire was rubbing on the inside of the starter heat shield and caused the wire to fray, and shorting something. So i put heat shrink and wrapped it in wire loom and electrical tape. Now that’s taken care of I still have the same issue. Does anyone know if there are fuseable links for our starters. I still have no power only to radio, a/c and pass window. Car won’t lock or my driver side window won’t go up. Can’t seem to find a widening diagram either. Any help gents would be great.
Tabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Did you check all the fuses and relays?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Just a FYI as well, if you didnt flash the update tune with the rear O2 codes turned off you will have a check engine light pretty quick after start up. Those codes are set almost as soon as you power the car up and start it up, I think the Camaro goes into "closed loop" with in 60-90 seconds after startup.

The rear O2 codes will be set in history as well, they wont clear by clearing the coeds from the ECM. They will have to expire out after so many key cycles once you tune the codes out.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote