Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #29
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Brett, any updates? I should be picking mine up Monday.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #30
Garys16SS

Drives: 2016 SS, BLACK, MANUAL
Just as a tip I used a heat gun to take the pulley bolt off.....easy. I also did not remove the fan nor the coolant.
1 7/8" headers and exhaust from Stainless Works complete with nonNPP mufflers and 5"outlets, Katech ported TB, Moroso catch can, MRR M017 polished powder wheels, Eibach lowering springs, and BMR upper/ lower trailing arms and upper control arms. ZL1/1le sway bars and Magnusson Supercharger with Jannetty tune. Stay Tuned!!!......More to come.
2014 Camaro Ashen grey, 3.6, 6 speed, Vararam intake, Elite catch can, chrome wheels, and Vitesse controller.
2003 SSR red,
2016 Vette
Garys16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #31
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
Brett, any updates? I should be picking mine up Monday.
No update. Car was at dealer 3 days. Was going to start today, rain, cold and damp. Tomorrow is the day. Down side, my lap top is not compatible with tuner.
So Dustin at Whipple got it covered to drive to shop for dyno/tune.
Your will be done Mon? If so, great. Maybe next week till I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garys16SS View Post
Just as a tip I used a heat gun to take the pulley bolt off.....easy. I also did not remove the fan nor the coolant.
I'll just use my little crack torch. Maggy install is different then Whipple, lot more plumbing. But thanks for the input.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #32
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hey Brett, I just seen this thread. Glad your Whipple made it man! Best of luck with your install. I wish I lived closer so I could come over and help you out with it haha.. I like playing with the motor in these, it's actually mechanic friendly in that there aren't a ton of small places for busted knuckles and cut fingers haha. I hope you enjoy the install and even better, the end result!
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #33
brettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
Hey Brett, I just seen this thread. Glad your Whipple made it man! Best of luck with your install. I wish I lived closer so I could come over and help you out with it haha.. I like playing with the motor in these, it's actually mechanic friendly in that there aren't a ton of small places for busted knuckles and cut fingers haha. I hope you enjoy the install and even better, the end result!
Thanks partner, whats the story with yours? Yes, mechanic friendly. Once you sit down and assemble parts (loosely) there isn't that much there. I don't foresee any problems. I believe the headers are going to worst....lol
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #34
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Thanks partner, whats the story with yours? Yes, mechanic friendly. Once you sit down and assemble parts (loosely) there isn't that much there. I don't foresee any problems. I believe the headers are going to worst....lol
Bring them in from the bottom, that's the best way of doing it with the heads on. Curious to see how the Kooks 2" fit in our cars. I just posted in my thread the most recent picture and dyno pull of mine. It's at the tuner's shop now getting dialed in. So far, very impressed with the numbers it's laying down.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #35
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
I'm at 17 hours on my Whipple install and calling it a night. I'm hung up on the coolant resevoir. The resevoir and the way it mounts is complete shit. It uses two 1/4" bolts on the very back of the resevoir only anchored into push in aluminum anchors holding all the weight of the resevoir. I mounted it and can tell looking at it that there is no way it will hold up. I'll sleep on it and fabricate a proper bracket system tomorrow. Also, the instructions go completely berserk at the point you mount the heat exchanger. The instructions seem to be missing many many steps and it mounts different than other kits so you can't really use their instructions. Final rant for the night is the fan took a few hours to remove and reinstall. I couldn't fit an impact wrench in after it was out so I have no idea why you remove the fan and drain the radiator. Skip it and save many hours. Oh, also the horn bracket doesnt fit where it is supposed to and the instructions repeatedly get passenger side and driver side mixed up. *phwew* was a loooooong day.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:30 AM   #36
brettman

Quote:
Bring them in from the bottom, that's the best way of doing it with the heads on. Curious to see how the Kooks 2" fit in our cars. I just posted in my thread the most recent picture and dyno pull of mine. It's at the tuner's shop now getting dialed in. So far, very impressed with the numbers it's laying down.
Ya, saw pics, looking good, lets see those number buddy..lol
I thought headers would go in through the bottom buddy. You remember......this is my first rodeo...lol. I'll post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
I'm at 17 hours on my Whipple install and calling it a night. I'm hung up on the coolant resevoir. The resevoir and the way it mounts is complete shit. It uses two 1/4" bolts on the very back of the resevoir only anchored into push in aluminum anchors holding all the weight of the resevoir. I mounted it and can tell looking at it that there is no way it will hold up. I'll sleep on it and fabricate a proper bracket system tomorrow. Also, the instructions go completely berserk at the point you mount the heat exchanger. The instructions seem to be missing many many steps and it mounts different than other kits so you can't really use their instructions. Final rant for the night is the fan took a few hours to remove and reinstall. I couldn't fit an impact wrench in after it was out so I have no idea why you remove the fan and drain the radiator. Skip it and save many hours. Oh, also the horn bracket doesnt fit where it is supposed to and the instructions repeatedly get passenger side and driver side mixed up. *phwew* was a loooooong day.
I'll be starting on mine in an hour or two. Those tank bolts (on mine) are 8mm.
The inserts are pressed in, I too was concerned about the mounting. Hence the sleeve mod, thought about a bracket under the tank to support the weight. (but I'm not there yet) Did you put in the thermostat yet? Id say thats the reason to drain down the radiator. But I could be wrong. They show pics of a impact gun on the crank bolt??? Im confused, I know it will all make sense later today. I'll be able to talk from experience.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 04-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #37
brettman

OK, 7:00 am, better get started.
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 04-30-2017, 06:51 AM   #38
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
OK, 7:00 am, better get started.
Be sure to update us during the beer breaks.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #39
brettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Be sure to update us during the beer breaks.
NO beer till done...lol...Then again that won't be too long from now.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 04-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #40
brettman

1-1/2 hours, ready to drop supercharger. Just standing around wait on buddy to help. This is WAY to easy...lol
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 04-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #41
Chevy71

Looks like it's going good man! My numbers were posted in the video of the actual dyno pull. Because he is still tuning on it and the numbers aren't final, I didn't want to make an official statement because it's not done. I'll post the official numbers with the de-liar graphs from the dyno lol. Yesterday our best number 667hp.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #42
brettman

Quote:
Looks like it's going good man! My numbers were posted in the video of the actual dyno pull. Because he is still tuning on it and the numbers aren't final, I didn't want to make an official statement because it's not done. I'll post the official numbers with the de-liar graphs from the dyno lol. Yesterday our best number 667hp.
HOLY CRAP BATMAN...lol..Nice, very F-ing nice. I'm jealous Bud. Mines coming along, had a couple bastard hose clamps, hey must have built the car around THEM. I've heard of the balancer bolt being easy...LOL. Not mine, had to pull out the big guns (and I don't mean the .50 or 308) I'm going to pull the balancer, and call it a day. My plan was to drop the supercharger on and load it today, But the guy I ask for the help blew me off. So I'll have to wait and ask a Man to help. He was the dealer mechanic that worked on it (neighbors grandson) left 4 bolts ready to fall out and missing 2. I made it home without leaving parts down the road.
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME