Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #15
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
By the way... I'll be selling all the tools that I bought for this job when I'm done. So if you want some discounted tools that are packaged together for a supercharger install, stay tuned. I'm also selling my Mishimoto catch can and the red intake manifold cover as well.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #16
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Nice of you to post all of the gory details of your install. Seeing this from your perspective should encourage others to give it a try.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #17
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Nice work thanks for the great thread!

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #18
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
By the way... I'll be selling all the tools that I bought for this job when I'm done. So if you want some discounted tools that are packaged together for a supercharger install, stay tuned. I'm also selling my Mishimoto catch can and the red intake manifold cover as well.
I'm interested in the tools. Assuming a balancer puller and the balancer install bolt thing.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #19
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
with the harmonic balancer pulley, food for thought.

when you torque down that bold, your rear wheels WILL move, even with the e-brake on. I ran into this, we ended up taking the starter off and locking the fly wheel with a breaker bar in order to prevent this. the amount of torque your putting on that thing to tighten is ridiculous.

on a side note, you'll need to install the new pulley with the old HB bolt (as the new one is torque to yield) then remove it and install the new bolt. This was the only real difficult part of the entire process. Good luck!
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Some more food for thought. I'm installing my SC also, I downloaded and printed Elderbrock, Maggie and Whipples manuals. Some info is in one and not the others and vice versa. I'll just cross reference between them. Good luck on your install, I'll be watching.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #21
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Some more food for thought. I'm installing my SC also, I downloaded and printed Elderbrock, Maggie and Whipples manuals. Some info is in one and not the others and vice versa. I'll just cross reference between them.
With an automatic in park am i risking breaking something not locking the flywheel?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #22
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
With an automatic in park am i risking breaking something not locking the flywheel?
Not sure about the Auto...

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:08 AM   #23
TECHTURTLE

Okay, I'm starting back up now but I've run into a few snags with parts. I bought the kit used and it's missing a fuel line and some brackets. It's not the sellers fault and not really a big deal. I called Edelbrock and they gave me the part numbers, I then called JEGS and ordered them up. This is going to sent me back a few days waiting on those parts but I'll continue on with the other steps.

Next up, installing the balancer.

Added
Old 03-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #24
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have read (not performed yet) that using a strap wrench works. I'll let you know Nick, I'll have mine before you.....in theory...lol
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Why sell your mishimoto catch can?
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
You won't be able to get it off without locking the flywheel.
IN "park" the autos TQ converter will just spin.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #27
TECHTURTLE

So by using the proper tool the balancer went on without a problem. In the picture you see the installer inside the balancer. After that I used the old bolt and torqued it down to 250. Backed it out and installed the new bolt and torqued as instructed. The torque angle meter proved to be a pain in the butt so I just used a marker and made two lines on the socket. One was zero the other was 125 degrees away. Then I kept turning until the 125 mark was on top. . ... Now that F'ing AC stretchy belt is a bear. The Stretchy belt install tool I bought won't work so I'm fighting it on.... Holy crap.

Note Lisle 59370 stretchy belt install tool WILL NOT WORK.
Attached Images

Added

Last edited by TECHTURTLE; 03-27-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #28
TECHTURTLE

After all the BS, one quick call to the pros at Jannetty Racing and 5 more minutes... Done! A big thank you to them.

Nick at Jannetty explained that you need to route the belt behind the top of balancer, then loop it over the AC pulley. Get the belt in the channel at the bottom of balancer then rotate clockwise while holding the belt in place. That got me around 3/4 of the way around then a put a screw driver under the belt and continued to rotate. Once you have this down it really should only take 5 minutes... Not two hours.

Added