Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Does your windshield fog up at all when you use your A/C?
Yes- 148 74.37%
No - 51 25.63%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
SCullen
Converts Oxygen to CO2

Drives: 2016 Black SS Convertable
It happens to me but it's not a showstopper. There's an easy work-around (just raise the temp). You can also use the wipers to clear the windshield.

It only happens in areas of high humidity and usually only in the morning or evening when the sun is down. The sun shining down on the windshield will usually warm it up enough that it doesn't occur.

Bottom line is don't let it be a reason to not buy the car.

SCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #16
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCullen View Post
It happens to me but it's not a showstopper. There's an easy work-around (just raise the temp). You can also use the wipers to clear the windshield.

It only happens in areas of high humidity and usually only in the morning or evening when the sun is down. The sun shining down on the windshield will usually warm it up enough that it doesn't occur.

Bottom line is don't let it be a reason to not buy the car.
It may be, for those that want to use their a/c whenever they want, at whatever temp they want
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #17
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Yes.. mine does as well. It's only a matter of time before someone has an accident from the fogging of the windows... but I believe it's only prevalent in parts of the country with very high humidity.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
It may be, for those that want to use their a/c whenever they want, at whatever temp they want
Guess you need to shop for a different car then!
Old 09-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #19
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Guess you need to shop for a different car then!
If that was directed at me, then its a stupid statement for you to make, seeing as how I've already got a 2016.

I was saying that in regards to those CURRENTLY shopping for a car.

Last edited by classicrockr; 09-18-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
My 16 does it too especially in the morning if it's cool outside and I have the air running. Most of the time I keep mine on 72 degrees. I don't understand the big deal about this issue. My 2005 Silverado 1500 does it and my 2010 SS used to have the issue too but I always turned the temp up a little and it usually cleared up. This issue is not that big of a deal IMO and should not keep anyone from buying a Gen6 Camaro. I think you will find all modern vehicles have this same issue. For the person that started this post get that 17 1LE and enjoy the hell out of it!!
Old 09-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #21
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
I've had my car several months and have only had the problem once. I think the humidity was at 70+ percent.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #22
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Fogging windshield

Just because some aren't having this issue or it doesn't seem like it's a big deal to them doesn't mean it doesn't exist or others are not having this issue.

Last Saturday night a friend of mine was up from South Florida visiting. Was his first time checking out the new gen camaro. He loved the car but literally was like wtf when I had to shut the AC off as the windshield was fogging so bad. Turned both zones up to 79 low fan and it was still fogging up enough to prevent seeing out the windshield. AC in my car is useless. It was at 10 o'clock at night. We were pouring sweat when we got out of the car at the store.

I love the car. It's fast, handles, and brakes great. I look at the mustang and challengers and think damn this gen 6 camaro is so much more of an all around car it's not even funny. I plan on sticking with this car even if it means I have to design and make some sort of a dash cover for it.

Regardless the argument from those who deem it not an issue why don't you ride in our cars and see just how uncomfortable it is. See how you can't even utilize the vehicle due to this. It is annoying and a safety hazard that the AC system is so poorly designed that this is considered normal by GM and they won't correct it.

I've owned almost all gm cars my whole life and never did I have this issue. The fog isn't on the inside of the windshield which fog x would correct. It's on the outside due to the dash vertical vents hammering the windshield with cold air. In torso only vent mode this should be sealed off.

The sad part is those of us dealing with this issue can't get any assistance correcting it from GM. We also can't say anything about it on here without getting smart remarks directed at us. Matter of fact it's not just this issue but any issue that people deal with and bring up about these cars seems to bring the fan boys out of the woodworks to fight til the death defending their favorite vehicle. It's as if they can't accept that their favorite car has some flaws as great of a car it is and don't dare be the one to point it out either.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
nbryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
If that was directed at me, then its a stupid statement for you to make, seeing as how I've already got a 2016.

I was saying that in regards to those CURRENTLY shopping for a car.
I knew what you had.

Here are other questions that need to be added. Does it only happen when you select the defrost mode with the A/C? How often does it happen when you do not select defrost mode? What is the temperature differential you have it set at compared to the OAT?

Point being many have realized there is a means of controlling it and do. Is it optimal, sounds like it's not for some but it does seem to be controllable if you control your settings.

Last edited by nbryant; 09-18-2016 at 01:22 PM.
nbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #24
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

I understand what you're saying, thank you.

Mine has done it it every conceivable configurations; morning, afternoon & evening. And in this day & age, simple lack of observation is the only reason something like this happens.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #25
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I feel bad for you guys that are going through this. AC is very important especially on summer, humid days.

What baffles me, if it was indeed a design flaw, why aren't all the Gen 6th having this issue?

Again, I feel terrible for the ones going thru this :/
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #26
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I feel bad for you guys that are going through this. AC is very important especially on summer, humid days.

What baffles me, if it was indeed a design flaw, why aren't all the Gen 6th having this issue?

Again, I feel terrible for the ones going thru this :/
It's because it happens in the humid regions of the country. From what I understand, the west coast is not very humid. They probably did most of their product testing in areas without much humidity
Old 09-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #27
nbryant

And doesn't seem to be the '16's alone:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46372

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2012-ri...d-fogging.html

https://priuschat.com/threads/foggy-...-hazard.68547/
Old 09-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #28
nbryant

Actually stumbled across this and it's not bad.

https://blog.allstate.com/deal-foggy-windows/