Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Phastek Performance

Old 09-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Central Carolinas Region SCCA Autocross September 24th

Registration is now open for the 9th points event of 2016 for the Central Carolinas Region Sports Car Club of America at zMax arena on Saturday September 24th. 68 Years ago on that date Honda Motor Corporation was founded and we will celebrate "The Birth of VTEC" (Just Kicked in Yo!). It would be very pleasing to me if some of the Charlotte (and adjoining areas) Camaro community could represent with some good old American muscle just so the VTEC's don't get out of hand.

We will have another one of CCR's always challenging courses for you to enjoy, and we will have novice instruction for new drivers and loaner helmets available. You just need to bring yourself, a valid drivers licence and a well maintained vehicle.

Here is the link to register for the event on MotorsportsReg http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...central-040595

Even if you can't make it to this event please join our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ to stay up to date with this and future events and to follow along with our regions drivers at Nationals this year.

As always if you have any questions about this or upcoming events please feel free to send me a PM. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
Weedo

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
I'm right down the road from ZMax (near Concord Mills Mall). What time does this get started on Saturday? I may head over and watch.

I've done plenty of tracking over the years when living in Phoenix and being a member of the Corvette Club and Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. We'd rent PIR and Firebird. I've also done the "Day of Racing" at Bondurant in the Mustangs and Corvettes. Good times.

My new '16 RS may not be the perfect track car, but I may look into future events just for the fun. I've missed getting out on the track!
Weedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedo View Post
I'm right down the road from ZMax (near Concord Mills Mall). What time does this get started on Saturday? I may head over and watch.

I've done plenty of tracking over the years when living in Phoenix and being a member of the Corvette Club and Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. We'd rent PIR and Firebird. I've also done the "Day of Racing" at Bondurant in the Mustangs and Corvettes. Good times.

My new '16 RS may not be the perfect track car, but I may look into future events just for the fun. I've missed getting out on the track!
Gates open at 6:30am, we have a few novice walks from 8-9:00am, novice meeting is 9:30 and driver meeting is 9:45. First car out is 10:15am. You should really think about signing up, you have the perfect car for this. Online registration ends at 8am tonight, or you can register on site from 7-9:00am. If you do stop by make sure you come over and say Hi. I have the grey 5th Gen in my sig with #77.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
Weedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Gates open at 6:30am, we have a few novice walks from 8-9:00am, novice meeting is 9:30 and driver meeting is 9:45. First car out is 10:15am. You should really think about signing up, you have the perfect car for this. Online registration ends at 8am tonight, or you can register on site from 7-9:00am. If you do stop by make sure you come over and say Hi. I have the grey 5th Gen in my sig with #77.
I'll definitely stop by and say hi. I just turned 400 miles on my car. Hoping to make it to the 1500 mile break in period before i get too nuts with it! It's actually an interim car for me (then again, they all seem to be). I was looking for a "leftover" 1SS but couldn't find what i wanted. The Dealer absolutely blew this one out. Price was way too low to pass up. My plan is to find a "leftover 17" that they can blow out in 10 months or so. Basically 25% off MSRP.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
Egon

Online registration closed last night, and we have 200 people preregistered for the event! It's going to be huge! If you missed out registering online you can still register the day of the event between 7-9am with a $5 late fee. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
Weedo

Quote:
Online registration closed last night, and we have 200 people preregistered for the event! It's going to be huge! If you missed out registering online you can still register the day of the event between 7-9am with a $5 late fee. Hope to see you there!
Hey man! Had a blast coming out and watching. Thanks for the ride. I'm sure my 200lbs didn't help your lap time! Your car felt great, super stable. My son loved coming out to watch too. He took a vid of your lap but it's not the best as people kept walking in front of him.

Looking forward to the next one!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #7
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedo View Post
Hey man! Had a blast coming out and watching. Thanks for the ride. I'm sure my 200lbs didn't help your lap time! Your car felt great, super stable. My son loved coming out to watch too. He took a vid of your lap but it's not the best as people kept walking in front of him.

Looking forward to the next one!
I was so glad you could make it, and good to hear you and your son had a good time. (if you thought that was a good time wait until you drive yourself!) I was only about 4 tenths off my best time with you riding along and I was still 7 tenths faster than the guy that finished behind me so it's all good.

Our next event is October 15th and our last event of the season is November 5th. Make sure to clear your schedule so you can come out and join us. Novices get 5 runs instead of the usual 4 and I guarantee you will have a great time.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
Weedo

Quote:
I was so glad you could make it, and good to hear you and your son had a good time. (if you thought that was a good time wait until you drive yourself!) I was only about 4 tenths off my best time with you riding along and I was still 7 tenths faster than the guy that finished behind me so it's all good.

Our next event is October 15th and our last event of the season is November 5th. Make sure to clear your schedule so you can come out and join us. Novices get 5 runs instead of the usual 4 and I guarantee you will have a great time.
Absolutely! Looking forward to it!