Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #29
Gregataustin

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Solution-complain and pray cause they ain't going to fix your $46k car.

I have a 2016 2SS. I have been complaining about this for weeks now. So you all know the problem only seems to exist on the dual zone climate control. The shop Forman ran me around to other new Camaros on the lot and all the ones with dual zone climate control leak air out the defrost vents. The regular climate control doesn't seem to do it. If it was intended then with which version did Chevy fail? If you put your hand up there you can feel the air blow the whole time it's on, slight though it might be. To the guy who's always had this problem, I've been driving around 26 years now and I have had many vehicles. This one is the first one with mandatory defrost. I find it to be a huge safety concern. I drive about 20 min to work and my windshield will be fogged up about 30% by the time I arrive. If it's a feature I hope the windshield comes with free lifetime replacement because dry-firing my wipers due to poor engineering really pisses me off.
Gregataustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #30
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Really easy fix for this issue.

https://www.rainx.com/product/glass-.../#.V0m2opErKUk

I have Air90 windshield tint and no fogging with it either. It is pretty humid here, not as bad as Houston area where the walls cry but my truck / malibu does fog up if I don't apply anything to it.
+1
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #31
Ajrothm

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregataustin View Post
I have a 2016 2SS. I have been complaining about this for weeks now. So you all know the problem only seems to exist on the dual zone climate control. The shop Forman ran me around to other new Camaros on the lot and all the ones with dual zone climate control leak air out the defrost vents. The regular climate control doesn't seem to do it. If it was intended then with which version did Chevy fail? If you put your hand up there you can feel the air blow the whole time it's on, slight though it might be. To the guy who's always had this problem, I've been driving around 26 years now and I have had many vehicles. This one is the first one with mandatory defrost. I find it to be a huge safety concern. I drive about 20 min to work and my windshield will be fogged up about 30% by the time I arrive. If it's a feature I hope the windshield comes with free lifetime replacement because dry-firing my wipers due to poor engineering really pisses me off.

Good info, and agree 100%...Its total BS...and very annoying. Doesn't sound like there is a real fix for it other then band aids.

This is one of the only 3 disappointments I have with this car.

2016 C7 Z06, A8
Laguna Blue
10.66@129.15
Ajrothm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #32
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Mine does it too....
Old 06-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #33
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Mine does the same thing...

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #34
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Mine as well. And Im in FL.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #35
Wheel Team 6

Fogging up windshield

Took mine to the dealer no service bulletin yet. They fixed the missing paint around the trunk brackets and the minor paint flaw crease in my drivers door but didn't do anything with the fogging up issue. I gave them rain x anti fog they applied a coat. I did find that if you select front windshield defrost off it isn't as bad but still gets little circles of fog when idling especially in humid places like here in the rain shine state. I'm getting my windows tinted and doing the clear front tint done on the windshield as well. The place said it is fog resistant so going to try that as I don't see gm fixing this anytime soon.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #36
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Yes, I have had the same thing but it appeared during periods of high humidity being caused by the temperature differential between the inside and outside of the car. I found by turning my temperature settings up a few degrees it made a difference.

In addition, this is not the first car I have experienced this on and it will likely not be the last.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #37
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
There never will be a service bulletin because it is not an issue. EVERY single car I have owned since I started driving in 1982 has done this when the AC is on in very high humidity. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #38
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
I happen to see this quite often here lately, as our humidity has been over 75% daily. It even happens in my 2SS. Not much that can be done about it, as it's just condensation buildup on the exterior part of the windshield. I'd bet that with this humidity if you just leave your windows cracked 1/2" per side and left your a/c on max settings with recirc on that ALL of your windows will have condensation. It's not a big deal, so maybe don't be so Dense? (hah, get it... Dense, No? okay. bye.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:58 PM   #39
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
There never will be a service bulletin because it is not an issue. EVERY single car I have owned since I started driving in 1982 has done this when the AC is on in very high humidity. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
I had a 2013 2SS 1LE for the last 3 years. Never got those condensation circles on the winshield, ever. When I took delivery of my 2016 2SS is was a humid day with light drizzle. On the way home two condensation circles appeared on the winshield. I have seen them a few more times obviously when it is really humid out. I have a Toyota Sienna Minivan as well. Never does this.

The only reason this is happening on this car is because the defrost vents on the dash are blowing/leaking cold air right on the winshield and during humid conditions this will cause condensation on the glass due to the temperature differential. I was playing with the AC controls thinking there had to be a setting that would close a vent or duct to stop blowing cold air on the windshield but I don't see a way to stop it.

So that's it...if we could stop the AC from blowing on the winshield it wouldn't be an issue. I am not sure why we would need to blow cold air on the winshield all of the time...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #40
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Another thing this might be is how tight the angle of the windshield is in relation to the dash panel I mean, it's such acute angle. Could just be minimal air leakage from the hvac case inside the dash that happens to come out from the defrost, which is quite normal, but the windshield in the 6th gen is just so close to the vents that it causes the condensation. I've only noticed it a few times in my car, and it goes away within 5 minutes of driving and a few swipes of the wiper. I don't see it as much of a concern, just more of a slight annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 AM   #41
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
My Challenger with ACC does this is if I have the climate control directional setting selector on 'auto'. Took me two years to figure out that changing it to feet/chest or chest only stopped it from sending anything through the defrost vents. On days where it's actually fogging up inside and I need the defroster, I use the directional setting to manually select defrost just long enough to clear the window, then set it back to where I want it.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:09 AM   #42
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
If there was a way to deflect the air from directly hitting the windshield that should solve the problem. Maybe a clip-on plastic deflector for the vent that could be easily removed.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote