Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
not looking like I will be able to make a purchase....?!?

I was in to a dealer, they couldn't even begin negotiating. Said they don't have a list of prices for the car I would order. Was looking at a 1LT V6 auto RS with NPP.

They said the system might be down, and they would call back saturday (today). So I just got the call and they said they can't see prices and that we wouldn't be able to do anything. They looked over my car for a trade in though, but didn't want to release a number as they wanted to present it as a 'final number deal'. I asked for at least a ballpark, and got nothing even though i was there for an hour with them looking at my car.

Called another dealer, they said oh yeah, our systems are great were the 3rd largest dealer in the country etc etc. I told them exactly what I wanted, and they couldn't come up with the number I was getting online - they kept putting LPO wheels when I just wanted 5 spoke black... eventually they seemed to be on the same page as me. They contacted me today - offered 14k for my car. The lowest price in Canada for my car is listed at 19k on a dealership and higher private sale. The black book was 16.5-18.5 (depending on condition?)... My car is mint condition inside and out with low mileage.

I understand I wouldn't get near 'fair' for my car, but what bugs me is I am getting way below (~3k) on a 2014 in mint condition. But what bugs me more is they actually can't even give me a number on the purchase of the 2016 Camaro.

I was hoping to add in the 1150 connect & win + the 750 gm.ca - although 1 dealer said I can't apply the connect & win, whereas the other says I can.

Just a whole lot of miscommunication. I still want this car, but perhaps I will just have to wait it out, maybe a 2017?
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I would suggest trying to sell your car through private party sale, that way you would feel better about not taking as much of a hit through the dealer trade-in. If the private sale doesn't pan out, wait another year and either pay down the loan on the current car or put money aside every month towards the '17 MY. Besides, it'll be a 50th anniversary year and they will have more options available.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
that's a good suggestion - although the way I saw it was that private sale meant I lost out on the connect & win + 750 gm.ca... So I already lose 2000. Was hoping that the dealer trade + those incentives made up for the headache of private sale.

my loan is almost paid off, and I could easily pay it off now if I wanted to, but I am on a 0% financing loan, so no sense paying it down).

... When you say more options, is that typically in colors, or others things? I am not very fussy for options and have always had the base of any car I've owned. This one was a splurge as far as I was concerned with the NPP and v6 and tech package.

I could easily wait for the 17... And seems like that is what I'll do. I just wish we could have been closer in numbers... I just heard back again, and they couldn't budge even 1 cent from MSRP.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote