Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #253
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Here you go new rockers arrived today wife sent me pic of old bolt new bolt side by side... think i'm in business. How the F@!#$ did I do that.... ???

YES.... I will be using my own *NEW* 3/8 drive torque wrench for this instead of the monster we used on the head!

Get your LOLs in now What's next wheels fall off car? I am cursed but will tread thru the sludge of pitfalls.

Like I said before this sucks but experience is experience... learning a ton about what to do and NOT to do with motors ... too bad I picked an expensive project to get my feet wet right? LOL

Shout out to Chevy71 for being ondeck with some bolts in the event these fail me!!!
Are you F-ing kidding me??? I made it half way through your post, and wanted to drive up there and punch you in the head....LOL. Brother...Is what we do. FIX SHIT.

Mine has NO intake on it (as of today) And no LH vent (waiting for P3)
But beer in the frig, (retirement is awesome)
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #254
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Man I'm glad you got a bolt, especially since I've let you down on shipping you some so far haha! You really stretched the hell out of the stock one though lol

Quote:
Here you go new rockers arrived today wife sent me pic of old bolt new bolt side by side... think i'm in business. How the F@!#$ did I do that.... ???

YES.... I will be using my own *NEW* 3/8 drive torque wrench for this instead of the monster we used on the head!

Get your LOLs in now What's next wheels fall off car? I am cursed but will tread thru the sludge of pitfalls.

Like I said before this sucks but experience is experience... learning a ton about what to do and NOT to do with motors ... too bad I picked an expensive project to get my feet wet right? LOL

Shout out to Chevy71 for being ondeck with some bolts in the event these fail me!!!
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #255
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
@Brett haha and I know seriously now that we were all victims of something less than ready for the masses but I am happy with how Whipple is not being jerks about it. I look forward to seeing the 3 I know of with the bearing issues get addressed soon.

@Chevy71 I really appreciate the offer!

Got that rocker installed last night. Have a very busy project at GM that is going to keep me from working on it much this weekend but I feel that I'm in the home stretch from here out. All the annoying stuff to install for the Whipple is done already.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #256
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Hope all works out for the best guys!
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:17 PM   #257
80sMetalDude

IT'S ALIVE!!!! All buttoned up ran up and down some country roads left some rubber.

Holy crap is it fast.

3rd feels like forever power!
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #258
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
IT'S ALIVE!!!! All buttoned up ran up and down some country roads left some rubber.

Holy crap is it fast.

3rd feels like forever power!

Congrats man it’s only been 3 days and I miss my car already. Glad you got yours up and running finally.
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #259
80sMetalDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Congrats man it’s only been 3 days and I miss my car already. Glad you got yours up and running finally.
I can say with experience the wait sucks so I feel your pain best wishes all will work out in the end.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:16 AM   #260
brettman

Got her up and running, GREAT. (need to top of that anti-freeze)
How is the SC noise? wobble? When you installed it did you check for slag in the casting? I understand there is a problem there. I'm waiting for my SC, I hope end of the week. Just trying to figure out this P3 gauge. Got fitting coming for the boost. Still have to figure out IAT (after the screws) and AFR, as far as wiring and comparable sensors.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-17-2017, 04:05 AM   #261
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Congrats!

The downtime is finally over.....
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 AM   #262
brettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Congrats!

The downtime is finally over.....
Hey Buddy, just checked out your garage, WOW, you got way too many toys...lol.
I bet you have a problem with garage space, I can fix that...LOL

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #263
80sMetalDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Got her up and running, GREAT. (need to top of that anti-freeze)
How is the SC noise? wobble? When you installed it did you check for slag in the casting? I understand there is a problem there. I'm waiting for my SC, I hope end of the week. Just trying to figure out this P3 gauge. Got fitting coming for the boost. Still have to figure out IAT (after the screws) and AFR, as far as wiring and comparable sensors.
Well the slag in the casing being only "one" reported (and being seized) and mine is the only one I know that fully seized up... I think mine was that unit that was referenced in the other thread.

It was all good upon our inspection.

The SC noise is exactly as I would hope and it's very smooth. I think they got it right this time around. I'm not a mechanic so my terminology will be spotty regarding the sound references but the first time around it was more "clicky" sounding. This time it sounds like a normal idling stock engine with just a hint of the SC whine.

I re-flashed the computer with the Whipple tune again because all the old codes and such were there and it seemed to still be acting strange when touching throttle...

After the flash all was good and no more codes.

After several pulls I never saw the temps go over 190 while cruising the back roads and laying down rubber several times after we were past the fear of all the previous stuff that happened. Kinda like sticking your toes in the water to see if they get bit before you jump in all the way.

Never got an engine light or any codes since the flash/drive. Started her up this morning put here out in the driveway let her run for about 10m (still not going to take a drive to work in it) no codes, temps good, no leakage.

Think this is the day I've been waiting for.