Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #85
AROD11889

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 A10 Summit White
UPDATE Happy New Year 2018!

Not so happy for me left the car at dealership since 12/27 dealer has been lieing to me back to back very unprofessional very disappointing! Turns out the Fuel pump and fuel line was “overnighted” since 12/28 a day after I dropped it off, it is 1/2/2018 and my car is up on the lift as I type this up! Service Manger and service advisor will not answer my calls or text as if they are hiding from me, unfortunately I left on vacation to San Francisco on 12/29 and couldn’t really show up at the dealer to find out what the F*** is going on. Really frustrated how an AUTONATION CHEVROLET dealer can lie to me like that. Anyways part hasn’t got in yet and I just got confirmation my car is still disassembled Fuel Tank and exhaust in the floor and still on the Lift since I dropped it off! Service advisor finally answered and said “part got in today and car will be ready tomorrow” I don’t believe it but regardless I will be back in Miami tomorrow morning to pick it up fixed or not fixed. I have called Chevy to complaint about this and someone will be calling me in two days since I opened up a case. I have video of the car in the lift with fuel tank and exhaust on the floor as of today as proof! ������������ any advice?
AROD11889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:56 AM   #86
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Update? We’re you ever able to capture a before video noise or anything? Gotta bring mine in soon and was hoping to maybe bring this up as well. Thanks!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #87
AROD11889

Finally picked up car from dealer 1/4 yes drove it and tried replicating the noise and the rattling noise is finally gone. See attached picture of dealer Invoice it will serve to show anyone with this issue to there dealer.
Name:  83E4B403-C36D-47D5-BE39-91F221A933C7.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  224.6 KB
Old 02-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #88
AROD11889

Update sound went away substantially but I can still hear and feel the vibration coming from passenger side. Guess ima live with it until someone figures it out but in the meantime I’m not taking back to the dealer.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:11 AM   #89
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Damn...I’ll still bring this up to mine in couple months see what happens. Thanks for the update. Still so many issues.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 PM   #90
andes101

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
If things can't get any worse...

Today after 3 days of the car sitting all tucked away in the garage, I started the car up like normal. Sounded great as always. Took off down the street and upon swapping the car into Sport mode and hitting the gas lightly a vibration rattling sound could easily be heard from the passenger rear side of the car. shit....

So thinking to others posting NPP issues when the valves were closed... but mine was open. Could it be something else I though? So I started to change the NPP modes and the sound happens in every mode selection.

Running the car idle and parked dosen't seem to reveal the location of the sound, but only while driving under light load and being on the gas peddel.

I am going to try and find what is causing this, but chalk it up as another fun early production potential issue.

i had this same problem ending up being a cracked weld on my exhuast piping , it apparently is a common issue and it was welded for free under warranty
andes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:14 AM   #91
GerardoHurtado95

Drives: 2023 Camaro
Hi everyone, I got a brand new 2023 3Lt (V6 A10) I don't have the dual exhaust system. since day one I've been hearing this noise around 1300 to 1500 rpm only while driving, it's hard to repro so itbseems random, haven't been able to reproduce on idle.

I have a small recording of what I hear from inside the car.

https://youtu.be/gsDJ85AYDCE?si=VV_bM5-gJrkgB1Aa

Is this similar to what you experience?

I took the car to the dealership and they said they couldn't hear anything, but after showing them the video they decided to keep it for some time and check. according to my service agent, a gm engineer checked the exhaust system and couldn't find anything wrong.

It so sad because I bought the car new specifically to avoid having these kind of issues. I feel like I can't enjoy driving it anymore not knowing what's going on.
GerardoHurtado95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:20 AM   #92
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoHurtado95 View Post
Hi everyone, I got a brand new 2023 3Lt (V6 A10) I don't have the dual exhaust system. since day one I've been hearing this noise around 1300 to 1500 rpm only while driving, it's hard to repro so itbseems random, haven't been able to reproduce on idle.

I have a small recording of what I hear from inside the car.

https://youtu.be/gsDJ85AYDCE?si=VV_bM5-gJrkgB1Aa

Is this similar to what you experience?

I took the car to the dealership and they said they couldn't hear anything, but after showing them the video they decided to keep it for some time and check. according to my service agent, a gm engineer checked the exhaust system and couldn't find anything wrong.

It so sad because I bought the car new specifically to avoid having these kind of issues. I feel like I can't enjoy driving it anymore not knowing what's going on.
I'm not really hearing anything in the video, but that doesn't mean anything... We have a great group of Camaro people down in San Diego that are all very helpful, maybe bring it to one of our Cars & Coffee and let us listen to it first hand???

(I'm all about helping other Camaro Owners)...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 01:06 AM   #93
GerardoHurtado95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I'm not really hearing anything in the video, but that doesn't mean anything... We have a great group of Camaro people down in San Diego that are all very helpful, maybe bring it to one of our Cars & Coffee and let us listen to it first hand???

(I'm all about helping other Camaro Owners)...

I'd definitely like to join your group for cars and coffee, PMing you for details

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2024, 06:40 PM   #94
GerardoHurtado95

Today I stumbled across this post on GM authority website.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/03...on-gear-issue/

After some research, I think this could potentially be what I'm hearing on the rear side of my car, Pinion bearing issue.