Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Sorry miss read I thought he meant 285 on rear

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #30
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
LT2 is the motor name.. wonder what the supercharger or turbo will be called
There's some interesting info in the old leaked chart below...
LT6 is the 600HP 5.5 DOHC NA.
LT7 is the 850HP 5.5 DOHC TT.

This data is obviously a bit dated, as the 6.2 NA ME is 495HP as we all know in the C8 ... not 469 as listed below.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29629/...-8-with-850-hp
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
UFXCRUNNER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
The only optional features on a ZL1 are a sunroof, navigation, and PDR. Everything else is standard.

Drivability wise, I read the review and they said handling is not as good as the old vette and braking isn’t as well. 0-60 is only faster than the ZL1 because the engine sits on the back tires. Better traction plus overall lighter weight.

I like the new Corvette coming but I’ll stick with my ZL1 (power, standard features, more room, drivability for everyday, and ability to do easy mods) over the C8.
UFXCRUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #32
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
So you're comparing a convertible top a non convertible car. Got it.... You know a hard top ZL1 is the same or cheaper price that a C8.

This is a apples to orange comparison on a Corvette vs a ZL1. Lighter car vs a heavier car (especially a convertible ZL1).

Go get yourself a Vette. The C8 is awesome. It's a newer platform than the 6th gen Camaro. So it better be faster.

Since it is lighter, mid engine, has a different trans, rear end, etc.

By the way, doing research can yield better results by searching yourself. If you knew the 2LT came with all those features, I'm sure you could clearly compare it to a ZL1. I mean, it's not like Chevrolet's website doesn't have that capability.....
Technically the Vettes have a removable top. So he might have been comparing the convertible ZL1 to the Vette for that reason as the vert would be the closest feature to a removal top. However you could also use the sunroof option as a good comparison. Either way, for pricing purposes and due to the fact that even the hardtop Vette has a removal top I do think it is a somewhat apples to apples comparison.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #33
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

About the tires I know for sure I saw 305 20 on the rears of the car. On the back wall they had all the color options on those painted covers. 3 types of seats, 5 rims, and 2 tires for sure the tires on the display were 305 and 285. As far as looking at the front I didnt look at the size but for sure the display tires read 305 and 285 tread wear 540 AA with a different pattern than current than the mp4s. Really surprised it didnt have an updated cup 2.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 11-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #34
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
After the fiasco with the Corvette and ZL1 tires cracking last winter on transports and dealer lots, I think GM finally figured out selling the base 'Vette on all seasons was the way to go.

We'll probably see Z51, Grand Sports and ZO6 on premium summer rubber.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:40 PM   #35
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Technically the Vettes have a removable top. So he might have been comparing the convertible ZL1 to the Vette for that reason as the vert would be the closest feature to a removal top. However you could also use the sunroof option as a good comparison. Either way, for pricing purposes and due to the fact that even the hardtop Vette has a removal top I do think it is a somewhat apples to apples comparison.
Google convertible Corvette. That's a convertible. A removable top isn't comparable to a convertible. It's more along the lines of a sunroof.

Plus convertibles are have structure in them causing them to not handle as well. Typically.

Still not really apple's to apple's. Mid engine vs front engine. 2 seats vs 4 seats. Just to name a couple.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #36
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

More pics.. ceramic matrix grey is my favorite I saw a C7 outside with that color never seen it before on the road.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #37
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Google convertible Corvette. That's a convertible. A removable top isn't comparable to a convertible. It's more along the lines of a sunroof.

Plus convertibles are have structure in them causing them to not handle as well. Typically.

Still not really apple's to apple's. Mid engine vs front engine. 2 seats vs 4 seats. Just to name a couple.
He was comparing a convertible ZL1 to a Base C8. The C8 has a removable top. Like I said, that is a close comparison. The roof of the C8 can be completely removed just like a convertible can. However a sunroof is just a portion of the roof opening but not being removed. So if you want to compare options where the roof is completely removed then the vert is the choice.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:58 AM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I think targa top and sun roof are closer than cabriolet and a targa top. Top down is top down! Lmao

Base c8, add wide tires and 200 hp from turbos it will compete with the 720s if the launch control is any good! By looking at it you will probably be dropping the whole rear cradle just for an oil change lol.. I bet modding it gonna be a beotch!

Old 11-08-2019, 05:53 AM   #39
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Someone said ZLE is top tier Camaro. It doesn't even go 200mph. The regular ZL1 is top tier and now sells brand new in the high $50K's, making it the best bargain in the automotive world.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #40
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Someone said ZLE is top tier Camaro. It doesn't even go 200mph. The regular ZL1 is top tier and now sells brand new in the high $50K's, making it the best bargain in the automotive world.
So top speed alone is what determines what is the top model?
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #41
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He was comparing a convertible ZL1 to a Base C8. The C8 has a removable top. Like I said, that is a close comparison. The roof of the C8 can be completely removed just like a convertible can. However a sunroof is just a portion of the roof opening but not being removed. So if you want to compare options where the roof is completely removed then the vert is the choice.
It's still not a convertible. This is a 2020 C8 convertible (so far):

This is a 2020 C8 with a removable top (not a convertible):

There is a difference.

The Targa top and t top are semi convertible's. But not a true convertible. It's more equal to a sunroof/t top.

Anyways, still not a equal comparison even if there were both convertibles or both hard tops.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote