Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Bead Maker?

So how legit is this stuff?
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I picked up a 16oz of it because I trust what Matt @ Obsessed recommends. Overall, it works very good and is very easy to use. I use it like he recommends which is post wash, post blow dry, while surface has some left over water. A few mists to a panel, rub in and buff. Makes the surface as slick as I've ever felt car paint get. Longevity is hard to tell because I have better products underneath it but from what I saw on my truck hood, it lasted a solid 2 months and that's with it sitting outside, baking in the sun, rain, bugs, etc.

I never believe the durability times on any product, don't care who makes it...Adam's, Gyeon, CarPro, etc. In fact, I usually figure for half of what they "claim". If that's just me or the nature of detailing companies advertising I don't know, but it keeps my expectations in check.

It seems to play well with any of the LSPs I've put it over. I would pickup a 16oz and see how you like it. The first application definitely was a bit more buff intensive but after that it's really easy to just mist 1-3 times and buff right off. Good shine and slippery paint. Try it.

I'm sure there are better products out there, but this stuff is legit to answer your question, though perhaps a tad over marketed like every other detailing product out there.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
441bertre

Drives: 1998 SS, 2018 1LE
This stuff is legit. I also follow pretty closely what Matt recommends from Obsessed Garage so I recently picked up a bottle of Beadmaker and I was quite surprised with the results. I think you will notice a difference on a DD vs a garage queen. On my DD that hasn't seen any polish or waxes in over a year it brought quite a difference to the paint. On my garage-kept 1LE I didn't notice a difference but it did put the shine back into the paint.
Attached Images

Last edited by 441bertre; 08-10-2019 at 03:09 PM.
441bertre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:10 AM   #4
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Haha product is a joke compared to turtle wax or megs hybrid ceramic wax. Lots of hype.

EDIT: And you have to use a ton of it for inferior results.

Last edited by indyz; 08-10-2019 at 09:54 AM.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:36 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
So how legit is this stuff?
It's a product. Didn't even last 30 days in this objective test.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #6
Markoz28

Wow, so there are some mixed reviews? I won’t be using this as a stand alone. I’ll be using jesacar powerlock for the sealant and would like a nice topper or a Detailer for maintenance washing.

Currently car is washed with CG glossworks foam, dried, then detailed sprayed with Wolfgang Uber (which looks great but has no protective properties). Just want something that has protection and looks great after a wash. If it protects up to a month, then that is perfect since I wash the car at least every 2 weeks in not once a week. Car is not a DD.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
groove93

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Back in July I stripped the wax off my car, used a clay mitt, polished, and used Jescar Powerlock along with Collinite 845. I had planned on using Bead Maker or an equivalent as a topper, but I discovered there was no need.
groove93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
BM is basically a QD product. The "protection" it offers lasts about as long as it takes to get a coat of dust or until the next time you wash the car. Adds some superficial slickness and "gloss" that becomes very evident is due to the chemical residue it leaves behind which will then trap dust and force you to wash the car and subsequently wash the coating off.

There are SO MANY better detailers with actual knowledge and experience than Matt @ Obsessed Garage, really the only thing dude knows about is how to sound completely depressed in a 30 mins video about washing a car and sell his sheepy followers super overpriced bs.... Pan the Organizer actually did a comparison test including chemical resistance with 3 of the top spray-on "ceramic" coatings and only one was worth a damn:

NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #9
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
BM is basically a QD product. The "protection" it offers lasts about as long as it takes to get a coat of dust or until the next time you wash the car. Adds some superficial slickness and "gloss" that becomes very evident is due to the chemical residue it leaves behind which will then trap dust and force you to wash the car and subsequently wash the coating off.

There are SO MANY better detailers with actual knowledge and experience than Matt @ Obsessed Garage, really the only thing dude knows about is how to sound completely depressed in a 30 mins video about washing a car and sell his sheepy followers super overpriced bs.... Pan the Organizer actually did a comparison test including chemical resistance with 3 of the top spray-on "ceramic" coatings and only one was worth a damn:

For those too lazy to watch. It's the TW Seal and Shine. Dirt cheap too. It's been consistently sold out at the stores local to me.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:26 PM   #10
Streetsweepergto

Drives: CTSV
love bead maker.looks great,
i actually combine it with the megs hybrid ceramic wax.
its cheap also.
saves a ton of time.

I've literally waited years for products like this, cost effective, quick to use. good results in gloss and durability.
Streetsweepergto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:51 PM   #11
Markoz28

All great thoughts! I’ve decided to go halves with a buddy and we bought a gallon of the BM with 25% off for $22. So $11 each. I will also try TW seal and shine and see how that looks. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #12
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
IMO...

Best budget spray-n-wipe: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Best not-so-budget spray-n-wipe: Carpro Reload

But there's so much out there that is as good as Reload it's really personal preference, as long as you're buying a good product.

Beadmaker, however, isn't one of them. Did you watch the video I posted?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #13
Markoz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
IMO...

Best budget spray-n-wipe: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Best not-so-budget spray-n-wipe: Carpro Reload

But there's so much out there that is as good as Reload it's really personal preference, as long as you're buying a good product.

Beadmaker, however, isn't one of them. Did you watch the video I posted?
Yep, saw the video and BM failed within 30 days. I’m ok with that as I’m more interested in it show quality and other reviews have shown it’s good. Any added protection is a bonus as I’m using WG Uber for after wash detailer and that has no protection properties. I wash the car often so this stuff will probably not last me very long. I’d like to try the TW seal and shine and Megs ceramic. Next week I’ll apply Powerlock and BM. In November I’ll strip the car, apply PL, 845, and either Megs or seal and shine and use whichever shows the best for maintenance washes.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #14
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Marketing just works carry on
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote