Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #71
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Yes I do partake in street racing and yes I have a youtube channel and I hear flack from time to time but it is what it is. Why the Hell would I have the cars I have at my age and not enjoy them? there would be absolutely zero point. Have I been popped for street racing? Several times and usually no tickets or arrest. I finally did go to jail on it beginning of the year but was given 6 months probation no fine and 50 hours community service. My 22 hours in jail sucked but came with the territory. I edit my vids before uploading them btw and I am always in Mexico when I race.
Or you could I don't know, go to an actual race track?

Hopefully the next time you'll get a much stronger sentence and maybe grow from the experience.
DD/HPDE: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE|| DD: 1994 Honda Accord Wagon || Tow Vehicle: 2004 Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #72
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #830
Quote:
Yes I do partake in street racing
Are you going to be the next one we are seeing arrested? That's a pretty dumb statement to make on a public forum.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #830 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
What a cesspool this YouTube video street-racing crowd is.

No conscience for innocent deaths caused by their activities, contempt for driving safely and law enforcement, irrational justification including "everybody here does it", big YT channels get away with it, I say it's in Mexico (tee-hee-hee) etc., etc....What a bag of assholes.

I hope law enforcement nationwide puts all these twirps in jail. Perhaps a class action lawsuit against all of them by the families of innocent victims of street racing deaths may happen soon.

I wish the forum would ban this so-called YouTube community and keep their click-bait channels off of this web-site.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #74
mariojmoe

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Are you going to be the next one we are seeing arrested? That's a pretty dumb statement to make on a public forum.
Hopefully not but I'm also not stupid enough to post my yt name on here.
2018 F150 Lariat 5.0 fx4 ccsb
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #75
pyroguy

Quote:
Hopefully not but I'm also not stupid enough to post my yt name on here.
Is that your ride in your avatar? Are those your vehicles listed underneath it? Did you provide your real name when registering for the site? It only takes a small lead to break a case wide open (speaking as an amateur having watched too many crime shows). You'd be surprised what they can do with just an inch of evidence to pull together a case.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #76
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://www.wesh.com/article/street-...s-say/22884559

This is why all street racers go to jail in my county. No mercy.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #77
mariojmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

And the idiots in this case need and deserve to go to jail. I'm in no way justifying or downplaying my role when I race in Mexico but tbh you probably have no idea how planned our events are. We usually chose very rural locations with miles and miles of straightaways (Houston) between 12:30 and 4am and use walkie talkies. We use cars up front and in the back so if something happens it only involves us and no innocent people. As for our dig spot it is very secluded again in the boomies and we have no one to harm but ourselves and maybe a closed wherehouse. I will say that is why for the majority of the time nothing happens as far as arrest or others getting injured by our actions. I (nor anyone in my group) is stupid enough to street race or drive like an ass in the middle of the day or in bad weather, construction zone, school zone, residential area, etc etc. I have cars pull next to me revving on a almost daily basis and guess what? 95% of the time I don't bite, If the circumstances are appropriate yes I'll do a quick 40-50 roll to maybe 145 ish and call it good win or lose (no traffic, dry clear roads). I can't speak for Paul with family cruising but as a brother car enthusiast who partakes in street racing yes he has my 100% support. If he had mowed down an innocent family or hurt an innocent person that is a different story. Some of you guys really need to relax, glad some of you are not da's or judges because everybody would be locked up for absolutely any and everything with the key thrown away.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #78
z28pat

Drives: 2002
I would be hypocritical if I said I was happy he got in trouble because I’ve done many stupid things in my cars throughout the years. It just seems like YouTube has created an outlet for the people who need the attention and want to be “famous “, but that’s social media in general. These guys have to get more and more outrageous to stand out and try to keep up with the competition and that creates dangerous situations.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #79
pyroguy

Quote:
And the idiots in this case need and deserve to go to jail. I'm in no way justifying or downplaying my role when I race in Mexico but tbh you probably have no idea how planned our events are. We usually chose very rural locations with miles and miles of straightaways (Houston) between 12:30 and 4am and use walkie talkies. We use cars up front and in the back so if something happens it only involves us and no innocent people. As for our dig spot it is very secluded again in the boomies and we have no one to harm but ourselves and maybe a closed wherehouse. I will say that is why for the majority of the time nothing happens as far as arrest or others getting injured by our actions. I (nor anyone in my group) is stupid enough to street race or drive like an ass in the middle of the day or in bad weather, construction zone, school zone, residential area, etc etc. I have cars pull next to me revving on a almost daily basis and guess what? 95% of the time I don't bite, If the circumstances are appropriate yes I'll do a quick 40-50 roll to maybe 145 ish and call it good win or lose (no traffic, dry clear roads). I can't speak for Paul with family cruising but as a brother car enthusiast who partakes in street racing yes he has my 100% support. If he had mowed down an innocent family or hurt an innocent person that is a different story. Some of you guys really need to relax, glad some of you are not da's or judges because everybody would be locked up for absolutely any and everything with the key thrown away.
Dude, please stop posting incriminating evidence. We understand that you don't see much if any harm in what family cruisin did, but if your local police wanted to go after you, there's a lot of evidence in this thread to hang you with.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #80
mariojmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Dude, please stop posting incriminating evidence. We understand that you don't see much if any harm in what family cruisin did, but if your local police wanted to go after you, there's a lot of evidence in this thread to hang you with.
I appreciate it but where I live they have more important stuff to do than chase after youtubers.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:59 AM   #81
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

What was a school bus doing at 1020PM?
Quote:
I appreciate it but where I live they have more important stuff to do than chase after youtubers.
Do you know that to be fact? A lot of people get mad when they get busted for DUI or possession or public intox. and then say something along the lines of..... police got nothing better to do..... should be out arresting murders, rapists and real criminals.

Just saying
Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #82
ybnormal70

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
He still says that his police have better stuff to do yet he and 2 of his friends have all been arrested for street racing already. That sure doesn't seem like they have better stuff to do and not bothering them to me. Oh well.

Kevin
ybnormal70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #83
mariojmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnormal70 View Post
He still says that his police have better stuff to do yet he and 2 of his friends have all been arrested for street racing already. That sure doesn't seem like they have better stuff to do and not bothering them to me. Oh well.

Kevin
I said more important stuff to do than chase youtubers for street racing. If you blatantly street race without any regard then yes obviously you will more than likely go to jail anywhere. My friends were going to twin peaks to grab a bite (the 2 mentioned) and lined up side by side for a quick little run and did a 50 roll to maybe 90. Little did they know there just happened to be a sergeant exiting I10 and the rest is history. They both got thier cases thrown out btw and was in jail for under 15 hours.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #84
ybnormal70

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
But you say the cops have better things to do than that. So why did they bother stopping you or your friends? Seems like wasted time if they have better things to do.

Kevin
ybnormal70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro1le, familycruisin, hellcat