Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
Chonchi90

Drives: SS 2017 MBRP Axle back
Looking for a "meaner sound" with my exhaust

I have everything stock other than the GM Performance exhaust that came with my baby when I bought her at the dealership. I took them out today just for shits and giggles and was surprised by how much better it sounds. Now I want to upgrade my exhaust and get that deeper/meaner sound with no drone when i'm just cruising. I have around 1500$ to play around with but no higher than 2000$. I don't care about having npp as I won't need it. I don't care about staying under warranty as i'm already past the 30k miles power train warranty. I also don't mind getting rid of my cats if need be.

So what do you guys recommend for me to get that sound i'm looking for? Also if you could include the links of the parts that would be greatly appreciated!
Chonchi90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonchi90 View Post
I have everything stock other than the GM Performance exhaust that came with my baby when I bought her at the dealership. I took them out today just for shits and giggles and was surprised by how much better it sounds. Now I want to upgrade my exhaust and get that deeper/meaner sound with no drone when i'm just cruising. I have around 1500$ to play around with but no higher than 2000$. I don't care about having npp as I won't need it. I don't care about staying under warranty as i'm already past the 30k miles power train warranty. I also don't mind getting rid of my cats if need be.

So what do you guys recommend for me to get that sound i'm looking for? Also if you could include the links of the parts that would be greatly appreciated!
contact solo performance our of New York they have a nice set up...
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Actually you still have some powertrain warranty its 5yrs 60,000 miles. If you still don't care I'd look at Corsa or AWE as they both sound great and have zero drone.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
longtubes and exhaust !!
Old 05-20-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Actually you still have some powertrain warranty its 5yrs 60,000 miles. If you still don't care I'd look at Corsa or AWE as they both sound great and have zero drone.
Yeah, AWE system is fantastic. Nice quality, zero drone, and a few different options in terms of volume.