Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
Lt1omeli

Drives: Chevy camaro
ZZP Cold Air Intake for sale

Installed on Thursday and drove for about 50 miles. Brand new. Selling because the CEL came on (PO15B O2 sensor). Bought for$330. I'll sell for $280. CA resident
Attached Images

Lt1omeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Is the CEL really an issue? I didn’t think it’s that big of a issue, unless there is?
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Just cant see myself going doing a CAI until I'm post-warranty and do a "real" tune. The CEL here isnt a big deal, but it'd drive me insane.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #4
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6

And $400 just to talk to the ecu with hp tune file. How's the jacolator doing?
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post

And $400 just to talk to the ecu with hp tune file. How's the jacolator doing?
Absolutely love the thing. Seeing an extra ~2 psi boost and have more power at lower RPMs. Cant wait for the GTS to come back.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
wookwook

My GTS for swap arrives tomorrow. Didn't you say your were having a custom update on yours? Was for cai or something.? How do you order the jacfab?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #7
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
My GTS for swap arrives tomorrow. Didn't you say your were having a custom update on yours? Was for cai or something.? How do you order the jacfab?
Apparently the 2019 had something different either within the MAF sensor, MAP sensor, or ECU where the firmware and software in the GTS couldnt quite keep up with it. So they took it back from me and have updated both, and have been testing 2019 models.

Here's the BoL: http://store.badnewsracing.net/BNR-H...lve_p_677.html

It's a must-buy, IMO.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
wookwook

thanks zts, I looked and saw only the tuner version is up there. Don't mean to bother with questions I could get elsewhere did you use the tuner or non- tuner one or if that's no longer a thing now? And I am pretty sure your non-tuned on your ecu. Just trying to keep all the research straight there is so much to track here. Thanks man. Oh and btw. So maybe someone can chime in, I added a borla midpipe resonator. It definitely adds back pressure but the rest of my driveability is where I want it. How does the slight back pressure affect the waste gate and all that. I wonder if it would make dtc more or less likely.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
thanks zts, I looked and saw only the tuner version is up there. Don't mean to bother with questions I could get elsewhere did you use the tuner or non- tuner one or if that's no longer a thing now? And I am pretty sure your non-tuned on your ecu. Just trying to keep all the research straight there is so much to track here. Thanks man. Oh and btw. So maybe someone can chime in, I added a borla midpipe resonator. It definitely adds back pressure but the rest of my driveability is where I want it. How does the slight back pressure affect the waste gate and all that. I wonder if it would make dtc more or less likely.
There's no difference. It's p/n BNR-HPRV. The only reason a tune is mentioned as required is because it may throw a CEL from time to time. I'm a couple weeks in without seeing a CEL so far. If I have to clear it once a month, so be it.