Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
Lt1omeli

Drives: Chevy camaro
CEL codes after CAI installation

Hello, I recently installed a zzp cai on my 2017 2.0t camaro. The CVC hose was a pain and the tabs on the inside broke. I continued to install the intake and simply put the sensor over the new intake nipple. (It does not snap into place, due to the broken tabs) The CEL codes that popped up were P2227 & P2229. After the install i decided to unplug the battery. After about 15 miles of driving, the CEL came back with what felt like a loss of power. I pulled over and put the stock air box back in, and drove it about 30 miles home. Haven't had the opportunity to read the new CEL, but it felt better driving home. I'm still afraid that I shouldn't be driving the car. Is the issue because of the CVC hose? If so, where can I get a cheap 2016 one? Thank you
Attached Images

Lt1omeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:16 AM   #2
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
The 2227 code is leak in the intake 2229 is barometric sensor out of range. I had the same issue different codes different connector.
But yeah you’ll need to do one of 2 things. Replace the entire hose, or remake the entire hose using silicone hose and some adaptors.
You can use a bunch of electrical tape to get you through for the time being. I have had good luck searching eBay with the old part numbers and found some great deals on different parts.
Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, cvc, zzp