Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
anyone who has installed the GM aluminum cradle bushings?

how did you get them in? you are supposed to make sure then go in straight. I have a piece of threaded rod with nuts and washers. it keeps kicking sideways.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Try putting them in the freezer overnight
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
JCunningham

DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE TOP BUSHING 1ST SO IT WILL GO IN ALL THE WAY. THE BOTTOM CAN STICK OUT BUT NOT THE TOP. Now i have to find out how to get the top bushing fully seated. did that did help. i ended up just using a 6" 3/4" bolt with 6 washers. like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-01-2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:35 AM   #4
JCunningham

edited lst post. DO NOT DO IT LIKE THIS VIDEO.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #5
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
So what is the proper way to install the ZLE Cradle bushing?
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE TOP BUSHING 1ST SO IT WILL GO IN ALL THE WAY. THE BOTTOM CAN STICK OUT BUT NOT THE TOP. Now i have to find out how to get the top bushing fully seated. did that did help. i ended up just using a 6" 3/4" bolt with 6 washers. like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Hmmm...I don't understand what you're saying here?
Do it like the video?
Don't do it like the video?
And what do you mean by "did that help".

So did you get it installed, and if so, what did you do?
I have a set coming, and would like to get a heads up on this.
Thanks!