Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Exclamation Need help ASAP Pushrod length

So my builder ran into a problem after my engine was taken a part for a cam install. Lingenfelters Cam install kit does not come with push rods. And needs them. But I’m not engine build savvy enough to determine what push rods are required/recommend. Below is the link to the cam and cam kit that I bought. Please someone be smarter than me and able to Help

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...shaft-gt32.htm
ThePeoplesCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Ask your builder to use an adjustable push rod and to measure the push rod length needed for the proper amount of lifter preload - so you know what length push rods to order. If he hesitates to do that I would be concerned about the abilities of your builder.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
PeteSS2018

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried emailing Lingenfelter? I'd be pretty sure they know exactly whats required with their install
PeteSS2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Nabush

Drives: 2017 C7 GS M7 / 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Ask your builder to use an adjustable push rod and to measure the push rod length needed for the proper amount of lifter preload - so you know what length push rods to order. If he hesitates to do that I would be concerned about the abilities of your builder.
Yep... A builder who does not own a pushrod lenght checker seems scary...
Nabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Scarily late for that when this is the status of my baby.....
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2020, 07:25 AM   #6
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Pushrod length is extremely important. I'm guessing the kit assumed your builder would determine appropriate length by using an adjustable pushrod and adding preload.

What lifters were included in your kit?
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #7
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

LS7 lifters like just about all kits. Seems to be 7.850 is the go to. Which also seems to be the stock length. If I’m not mistaken.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Lingenfelter likely doesn't include pushrods because the ideal method is to measure for the correct pushrod length(then order the correct length) instead of assuming standard 7.85 will fit. Aside from that I wouldn't classify anybody as a "builder" that does not understand how to measure for proper pushrod length on a LS/LT engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePeoplesCamaro View Post
LS7 lifters like just about all kits. Seems to be 7.850 is the go to. Which also seems to be the stock length. If I’m not mistaken.
Not all "kits" like LS7 lifters. Also need to be cautious of these "kits" because some of them are shipping with "LS7" replacements due to shortages and they require different length pushrods.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #9
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I wouldn't classify anybody as a "builder" that does not understand how to measure for proper pushrod length.
Couldn’t agree more. The guy came with high reviews. But admittedly is much more into the tuner world than muscle. Honda,Toyota, and Subaru of the like.

King I did see the thread where you helped out someone in a similar spot but doing his own work. That thread is the entirety of my knowledge now lol
Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #10
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePeoplesCamaro View Post
Couldn’t agree more. The guy came with high reviews. But admittedly is much more into the tuner world than muscle. Honda,Toyota, and Subaru of the like.

King I did see the thread where you helped out someone in a similar spot but doing his own work. That thread is the entirety of my knowledge now lol
Yes that was DarthMartel. He ordered a "Kit" that came with standard length pushrods that was suppose to work with LS7 lifters. However the lifters ended up being LS7 replacements from Hy-lift and required a different length pushrod.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yes that was DarthMartel. He ordered a "Kit" that came with standard length pushrods that was suppose to work with LS7 lifters. However the lifters ended up being LS7 replacements from Hy-lift and required a different length pushrod.
Correct. He settled on 7.850 5/16 I believe. Sadly I’m also not local to him right now. I will be by Monday but I’m hoping to get what I need ordered before then. She’s my daily lol
Old 10-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #12
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Yes, verify what you have received are actually LS7 lifters. Once I received the correct lifters and verified preload with an adjustable pushrod, the pushrods were perfect. 7.85 is dead-on.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote