Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Boost Limit

What's everyone running on the stock turbo for boost limits?

Trying to really sit down with HP Tuners and learn the 2.0s limits / how to do things
Old 10-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Mines only turned up 1.5/2 @ 37.5 commanded. Factory is 35.44
You will start to loose power from the extra heat after 25/26psi. I know I did anyway, and you could see the difference in IAT's instantly.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Mines only turned up 1.5/2 @ 37.5 commanded. Factory is 35.44
You will start to loose power from the extra heat after 25/26psi. I know I did anyway, and you could see the difference in IAT's instantly.
Yep. I just looked at my logs from yesterday at the strip and saw 35.5 PSI. I am tuned.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #4
ryansalazan24

Drives: 2017 Cadillac ATS
Anyone with a 2017 model having trouble increasing boost and having it hold? I have an ats and its a 17 model and it just seems that I cant get it to hold the spike of 23psi any longer than like a second or two before falling down to about 20 or 19
ryansalazan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:54 AM   #5
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 View Post
Anyone with a 2017 model having trouble increasing boost and having it hold? I have an ats and its a 17 model and it just seems that I cant get it to hold the spike of 23psi any longer than like a second or two before falling down to about 20 or 19
Hey Ryan, Just ask Joe, he is your tuner. also beware, even though we have the same motor as the Camaro they think we don't know anything on here. I try to help but they are unwilling....
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #6
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Yep. I just looked at my logs from yesterday at the strip and saw 35.5 PSI. I am tuned.
You do know thats not your actual boost right? Its that reading minus the baro pressure = your current boost. So on average the baro is usually around 14.4 so your actual boost would be 21.1psi Perfect for a typical daily driver.
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
You do know thats not your actual boost right? Its that reading minus the baro pressure = your current boost. So on average the baro is usually around 14.4 so your actual boost would be 21.1psi Perfect for a typical daily driver.
It's stupid crap like that which makes us wish you'd go back to the caddy forum. He knows what the actual boost is he's trying to join coopers conversation without yet another know-it-all ATS guy chiming in about how awesome they are. So make like Tommy did and disappear if your gonna act like him.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #8
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Awesome man!! I bet you can't stop smiling.
Your makin me wait like you did with the Sema grill aren't ya... haha

Quote:
Its not just your ATS. Its Camaro's, Malibus, Regals, CTS, Equinox, Traverse, Terrain, ECT ECT.... They all have the same crappy, plastic, leaky valve... You sir need a Jason@JacFab valve. It will hold more boost longer because it does not leak like the factory valve does.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----

Last edited by cooper1965; 10-23-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old 10-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #9
ryansalazan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Hey Ryan, Just ask Joe, he is your tuner. also beware, even though we have the same motor as the Camaro they think we don't know anything on here. I try to help but they are unwilling....
Him and I are going through it together. And yes I know the jacfab valve will work better, but at the moment they are sold out so really nothing I can do there.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #10
ryansalazan24

Its not just your ATS. Its Camaro's, Malibus, Regals, CTS, Equinox, Traverse, Terrain, ECT ECT.... They all have the same crappy, plastic, leaky valve... You sir need a Jason@JacFab valve. It will hold more boost longer because it does not leak like the factory valve does.

Ya I know this, but here are other ltg cars I've seen where they can hold or carry about 22psi to redline and I'm falling to about 18-19 no matter what is changed in the tune. I guess all plastic valves are not created equal. lol
Old 10-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #11
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It's stupid crap like that which makes us wish you'd go back to the caddy forum. He knows what the actual boost is he's trying to join coopers conversation without yet another know-it-all ATS guy chiming in about how awesome they are. So make like Tommy did and disappear if your gonna act like him.
...and this is why this board has the reputation of a bunch of cocky kids and no one wants to offer assistance.

You say he knows what boost is, yet no one in any context would ever refer to boost as including atmospheric. it's just not done. Tell your tuner that you're running 35psi and he will absolutely assume you're either uneducated or you're running some monster drag turbo on a fully built bonkers motor.

And on a side note, that's the point of knowledge sharing - to help everyone use the correct vernacular and standards.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #12
whiskeyfed
Pat

Welp... I was just saying what the delivered boost was on my HPT Scanner.

Also, no I didn't know that actual boost was that reading - barometric or whatever. Im a noob at this stuff. I didn't try to prove anyone wrong. Oh well...

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #13
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Ya I know this, but here are other ltg cars I've seen where they can hold or carry about 22psi to redline and I'm falling to about 18-19 no matter what is changed in the tune. I guess all plastic valves are not created equal. lol
Thats a good question on the valve. I wonder what wear and tear and all that heat does to the poor plastic over time also?

Quote:
Welp... I was just saying what the delivered boost was on my HPT Scanner.

Also, no I didn't know that actual boost was that reading - barometric or whatever. Im a noob at this stuff. I didn't try to prove anyone wrong. Oh well...
I think in HPT if you look just a couple columns down from that, you should see something like Intake manifold absolute pressure. Thats the number you want.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 10-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I think in HPT if you look just a couple columns down from that, you should see something like Intake manifold absolute pressure. Thats the number you want.
Thank you! That's all i needed haha

Tuned by #danytechtuning