Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Just make sure that the quick release skid plate has chains or cables to ratchet it back up. That makes is a 1 man operation and it will also double as a last resort weapon to squish you some zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Vehicle: 6.2 Detroit CUCV/Suburban converted to straight veggie (familiarity of engine/components), rear cleared out for a mobile home. Lifted for enhanced departure, entry angles off road, full skidplate with quick release for quick repairs. Snorkle setup for fording water. 24V setup re-enabled to power equipment, Ham radios, small stoves.

Weapons: Crossbow, Long/Compound bow, Rem .22LR as a weapon of last resort, ammo common and cheap. Utility knives for skinning and close in self defense

Fortifications: Whatever I can find/secure in a hurry. Mobility favored over staying put.

How close: Not very, but things can be quickly assembled/acquired in a hurry.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Would an AFB be a good place? Isn't it targeted first?
targeted by who/what? lol zombies have no clue what an AFB is, compared to a park, or anything else
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Ooook... let's see... I have an old beater farm truck and 60 acres in the middle of nowhere, with 2 wells for drinking water and caves back in the mountaints (I'm serious; we refer to this as our hidey hole but I live in the house on the property). Of course should I need to escape we have the Camaro!

We have a stock of canned food and stuff there, as well as several ammo boxes overflowing with ammunition for the combined arsenal of my family, which includes shotguns, rifles, a few machine guns and a lot of handguns. ( M-14, AK-47, AR-15, 9mm pistols, 12, 10 and 20 gauge shotguns to name a new) The way our property is set up, it's surrounded on two sides by water and runs up to the top of a mountain so it's possible to fortify it pretty well, but it's so isolated I don't see it being an issue. My dad is pretty serious about thinking we may all have to be out there someday when "it all goes to $h!t". We can live off the land, as there are cattle and a garden there.

I'm heading to Arkansas
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
Pain505

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Ok well me and a couple of friends have thought about this. I plan on going to ron peterson gun shop. About 10 min from my house. From there i plan on going to costco, to stock up on food, and supplies needed to live day to day. In front of costco there is a sportsmans warehouse and we would go there to stock up on ammo, hunting supplies, camping supplies. And we would then make it to somewhere in the desert. Im thinkin that is where the least amount of zombies would be and while we are there we would plan on where to go next. I would get my dads dodge ram 3500 dually and keep that until i found somethin more suitable that runs on gas instead of diesel. I would carry a handgun. Springfield xdm 9mm, it holds 19+1. You dont need a .45 to take down a zombie, and 9mm ammo is less scarce than .45. A shotgun, mossberg 500 persuader slung on my back. And an ar15 as my main weapon. With a suppressor so that if i do shot a zombie it isnt heard by the whole city. A machete or like a hunting knife about 12" long on my hip. A camelback for me and everyone in my group. Some dickies for their durability, combat boots, a long sleeve shirt, battery operated walkies so that if we ever have to split up we can keep tabs on each other, cant afford to lose anyone if i would want to survive. I think the biggest hurdle i would have to cross is, if anyone i hold close to my heart got bit or anything like that, because i would hate to have to kill them so they dont live the rest of their life as a zombie, but it would have to be done. Especially if it was my mother or my soon to be fiance :( one thing i would not like to have is a crossbow due to having to go get the arrows you shot. And if you do shot a zombie, and then you hunt with the same arrows, you basically poisoned your game wit zombie blood. I would also take my camera that has all my fams and gf's pics to remember them if i ever lose them :( i am about 10% done with the plan. Tryong to save up for the guns and stuff, i want to buy them now to practice with them and be prepared for the zombies.
EDIT: right now i am going to school for auto tech. I think that would be a good career, 1. Bcuz i love anythin to do with cars and 2. If i need to hotwire a car, fix it in a hurry, anythin at all. I would be able to modiy it on the fly if the need were to rise.
Sent from my DROID3
Old 12-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain505 View Post
Ok well me and a couple of friends have thought about this. I plan on going to ron peterson gun shop. About 10 min from my house. From there i plan on going to costco, to stock up on food, and supplies needed to live day to day. In front of costco there is a sportsmans warehouse and we would go there to stock up on ammo, hunting supplies, camping supplies. And we would then make it to somewhere in the desert. Im thinkin that is where the least amount of zombies would be and while we are there we would plan on where to go next. I would get my dads dodge ram 3500 dually and keep that until i found somethin more suitable that runs on gas instead of diesel. I would carry a handgun. Springfield xdm 9mm, it holds 19+1. You dont need a .45 to take down a zombie, and 9mm ammo is less scarce than .45. A shotgun, mossberg 500 persuader slung on my back. And an ar15 as my main weapon. With a suppressor so that if i do shot a zombie it isnt heard by the whole city. A machete or like a hunting knife about 12" long on my hip. A camelback for me and everyone in my group. Some dickies for their durability, combat boots, a long sleeve shirt, battery operated walkies so that if we ever have to split up we can keep tabs on each other, cant afford to lose anyone if i would want to survive. I think the biggest hurdle i would have to cross is, if anyone i hold close to my heart got bit or anything like that, because i would hate to have to kill them so they dont live the rest of their life as a zombie, but it would have to be done. Especially if it was my mother or my soon to be fiance :( one thing i would not like to have is a crossbow due to having to go get the arrows you shot. And if you do shot a zombie, and then you hunt with the same arrows, you basically poisoned your game wit zombie blood. I would also take my camera that has all my fams and gf's pics to remember them if i ever lose them :( i am about 10% done with the plan. Tryong to save up for the guns and stuff, i want to buy them now to practice with them and be prepared for the zombies.
EDIT: right now i am going to school for auto tech. I think that would be a good career, 1. Bcuz i love anythin to do with cars and 2. If i need to hotwire a car, fix it in a hurry, anythin at all. I would be able to modiy it on the fly if the need were to rise.
Sent from my DROID3
Nice. However gas will, at some point, be gone. If you find a simple diesel vehicle, you can dump damn near anything after properly setting the engine up, into the tank and fuel the vehicle. And as a last resort you could also make your own fuel using grains, sugars, etc.

Crossbows/Bows are actually pretty good weapons due to the ability of making more ammo on the fly (no need to make powder, have a press, smelting furnace). Save the heavy stuff to put Zombies down, light weight simple arrows/bolts for game or (like I have) a small 22LR rifle to take down small game.

Namely, use Rebar in a crossbow and not only is it easy to find, but 9/10 you won't use it on edible food stuffs anyway due to tetanus.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
targeted by who/what? lol zombies have no clue what an AFB is, compared to a park, or anything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Alrighty everyone.

This idea was brought up in the PWA thread and now I'm bringing it to life (ironic no...lol)

anyway, we thought it would be interesting to see what everyones plans for a "possible" zombie (or even nuclear) apocalypse would be.

so list them all out, vehicles to use, places to hide, ways to fortify your holdouts, weapons, supplies, where you would go, long term survivability, etc and finally, how close you are in reality to your plan?

I'm about to get lunch, but I'll list mine when I get back.
I'll write up my plan later, don't have enough time at the moment.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I'll write up my plan later, don't have enough time at the moment.
well, that's 2 totally different scenarios. and no, i wouldn't think Nellis AFB would be one of the first places a nuclear attack would be. more than likely DC, NY, and/or LA. Coastal areas.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #22
Pain505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Nice. However gas will, at some point, be gone. If you find a simple diesel vehicle, you can dump damn near anything after properly setting the engine up, into the tank and fuel the vehicle. And as a last resort you could also make your own fuel using grains, sugars, etc.

Crossbows/Bows are actually pretty good weapons due to the ability of making more ammo on the fly (no need to make powder, have a press, smelting furnace). Save the heavy stuff to put Zombies down, light weight simple arrows/bolts for game or (like I have) a small 22LR rifle to take down small game.

Namely, use Rebar in a crossbow and not only is it easy to find, but 9/10 you won't use it on edible food stuffs anyway due to tetanus.
Didnt think about that. What i could do is put someone in my group in charge of huntin and they would have the crossbow and to not take it out unless we are huntin, that way if we do use it, we know for sure that the arrows are not tainted. Yeah i didnt think about that, i would try to learn somethin now about diesel engines so that, like you said, i can put damn near anythin in there to make it run. One place i would think of going is, im in new mexico. Not that much as far as population goes, so i would try to make it out to a small town, get rid of all the zombies and then make it home. Plant a garden for fruits and veggies. Secure a perimiter and whatnot. Has anyone seen "dawn of the dead" do you think tryin to make it to an island would be a good idea?

Sent from my DROID3
Old 12-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #23
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
I would find a greased pole and sit on the top, as you can see zombies can not climb them.
Attached Images

IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #24
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Wear protection. You never know where that greased pole has been.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
Pain505

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac2k2 View Post
Wear protection. You never know where that greased pole has been.
Unless u got it from a strip club...

Sent from my DROID3
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #26
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Zombie strippers..huh
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Haha, I've actually thought about this.

I live in a great apartment complex for a zombie apocalypse. Four entrances, three of which are wrought iron and could be welded shut and reinforced. The other is a giant wooden door that could be barred shut securely (think Jurassic Park). The courtyard area has a flower garden which could easily be used for growing food

If worst comes to worst, my apartment is probably the best stronghold in the complex. It's a second story corner apartment with a security door and only one accessible window (which is 2'x4') that could easily be boarded up. All of the big windows face the alley, and they are inaccessible. I could probably figure out a way to the roof for a helicopter rescue.

I don't own a gun, though. I should change that soon.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You didn't see the intro of Zombieland?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote