#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-31-2021, 06:42 PM   #15
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Thanks for the clarity on the different part numbers.
Interested in the weight savings and ride as well. Going to install headers soon also and will be a great time to do it. I have spl suspension parts to put on first and see if/how much the ride changes. I'm already in a 1le so I don't see it getting much stiffer
What SPL parts do you have I'm installing all the rear SPL parts as we speak
Attached Images

20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM   #16
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Waiting for them to get here, but I purchased front tension rods and lca's. Also Rear tow rods and rear upper arms. Should provide all the adjustability im looking for as well as lock in the alignment, or that's the hopes. Decided to hold off on upper and lower rear traction arms for now, we'll see how that goes
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:40 PM   #17
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Anybody think these motor mounts can be installed without removing headers ?
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:35 PM   #18
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
I personally think it would be really difficult but if you fellow the BMR installation guide they don't mention you have to remove the headers.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MM010(1).pdf (2.61 MB, 124 views)
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #19
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Yes basically. My understanding is MM009 utilizes the car's stock bracket(s), and replaces the heavy and plushy OEM motor mount with the aide of some "stiffer" Polyurethane Bushings. The MM010 also uses the Polyurethane Bushings, but eliminates the stock brackets all into one unit. The MM006's are to make either of those two set-ups a completely solid mount. I too am curious what route to go, should I pursue this.
I am not too concerned with NVH, as long as it doesn't cause collateral damages?
Get the 10s with the stands. I installed the 9s on mine and wished very much that i had bought the 10s. Even using the stock manifolds the 10s will give you so much more room to work and would have made the install way easier. The NVH was not bad, but you can definitely feel the engine running a lot more than with the stock hydraulic mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
Headers I'm not sure, but I installed them with the stock manifolds.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:56 PM   #20
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Get the 10s with the stands. I installed the 9s on mine and wished very much that i had bought the 10s. Even using the stock manifolds the 10s will give you so much more room to work and would have made the install way easier. The NVH was not bad, but you can definitely feel the engine running a lot more than with the stock hydraulic mounts.
Thanks Jason! Do you think the option of MM006's (solid aluminum bushings) would send NVH over the top for you, after now experiencing the polyurethane ones?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:21 PM   #21
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Thanks Jason! Do you think the option of MM006's (solid aluminum bushings) would send NVH over the top for you, after now experiencing the polyurethane ones?
Yeah I wouldn't go with the solid bushings unless it was a track car only. FYI my passenger poly bushing looked like it was starting to melt a little from heat so I wrapped it in heat tape.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #22
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't go with the solid bushings unless it was a track car only. FYI my passenger poly bushing looked like it was starting to melt a little from heat so I wrapped it in heat tape.
That's good info to know about in advance
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #23
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
So I been in the process of installing my ARH headers and I have to remove the passenger side motor mount to get them in.

My question to anyone that has used or using the BMR motor mounts with the integrated stands. Are they any good and are they worth the extra work?
Just food for thought..

In my opinion, the stock motor mounts are designed to position the engine more to the passenger side for weight distribution and balance while driving.

If you are taking a left turn, all weight shifts to the right.
If you are taking a right turn, all weight shifts to the left.

I think it is not a good idea to shift the position of the motor.

Besides, those suspension and chassis engineer guys know something about the limitations of the design of our cars.
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #24
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
Just food for thought..

In my opinion, the stock motor mounts are designed to position the engine more to the passenger side for weight distribution and balance while driving.

Besides, those suspension and chassis engineer guys know something about the limitations of the design of our cars.

So my understanding is you believe the movement of the stock mounts help the stability of the car by shifting the weight of the motor left and right.

BMR stand leave the engine exactly where the stock mounts are. They don't change the position all its doing is become a little stiffer with smaller dimensions.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:04 AM   #25
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Just food for thought..

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Stock motor mounts are designed for NVH comfort and probably to dampen drivetrain forces to help not break stuff.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:47 AM   #26
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Stock motor mounts are designed for NVH comfort and probably to dampen drivetrain forces to help not break stuff.
“You want some of this milk sideburns?”
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #27
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:

At no point what I said makes sense and everybody is dumber right?

I guess this means you must be a GM engineer and a psychic.

Tell me Ms. Cleo with a PHD in engineering , why is the LT4 engine offset so far to the passenger side of the engine bay?

NVH of the motor is mostly absorb by the motor mounts; however, engine positioning is very important for weight distribution and driving dynamics....ask AUDI

Stiffer motor mounts will increase engine NVH from cold starts, spirited driving and put more flex on the mounting points and forward frame of the vehicle.

YOUR opinion is like public school on Sunday...no class...
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #28
20Bluezl1

Quote:
At no point what I said makes sense and everybody is dumber right?

I guess this means you must be a GM engineer and a psychic.

Tell me Ms. Cleo with a PHD in engineering , why is the LT4 engine offset so far to the passenger side of the engine bay?

NVH of the motor is mostly absorb by the motor mounts; however, engine positioning is very important for weight distribution and driving dynamics....ask AUDI

Stiffer motor mounts will increase engine NVH from cold starts, spirited driving and put more flex on the mounting points and forward frame of the vehicle.

YOUR opinion is like public school on Sunday...no class...

It sounds like it makes sense but according do my knowledge the BMR mounts don't change the position of the engine. So I think the dynamics of the weight distribution should be equal to stock mounts.

What I do see possible is the engine not flexing to one side while on a turn. Now the question is will the car feel more stable because the movement is less or will it feel worse because the dynamics of the suspension is counting on the engine movement? 🤔