Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-13-2021, 07:41 AM   #57
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray View Post
Taking safety courses is a great. I took the basic course to get my license and then took an advanced course, which was even better. In the advanced course, we rode are own bikes and learned the best ways to corner and reduce braking distance. These were both state courses in Ohio.

There are a couple of books I would recommend as well:

1. Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch
2. A Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code

I re-read Ienatsch's book almost every year before riding season starts.
Thanks very much for the recommendations. I will get Nick's book to go with the Twist of the Wrist DVD that I am watching. I also bought both Motojitsu books, which is basically a collection of slow speed drills to practice.

As mentioned I am registered for the BRC in 3 weeks, and have already tracked down which courses will be taken after that. BRC Level 2 and Advanced Rider Course(ARC) are offered locally. After that I would love to do a track day lesson to learn high speed techniques in a safe environment.

The idea of practicing and becoming an awesome rider is just as exciting as the idea of riding itself. I'm pretty excited to say the least!
Old 05-13-2021, 08:21 AM   #58
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
I got into motorcycles because of cars. At the time, driving a car on the track was simply too expensive and sport bikes were a much cheaper alternative. (Ha! little did I know) I'm lucky enough to be doing both now and while cars are amazing on track, bikes easily take the top step.

The performance of a modern Sportbike easily blows away almost any production based sports car, at a fraction of the price. And yes, training is paramount.....

Ken
khcoaching is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:39 AM   #59
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Florida, so yea , ride year round. Have my whole life, mostly sport bikes. Gixxers and CBRs mostly.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #60
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
I ride as well. Have a Kawasaki ZRX 1200, and a Husky TR 650. Since I got the Camaro (50th anniversary ss vert) I ride a lot less. If the weather is really hot I will just about always chose the Camaro, as I don't feel like getting geared up. Rather just jump into the car, shorts, t-shirt, sneakers.
As I get older, I am less likely to take off road chances on the Husky, proly sell it in a year or two. Never sell the ZRX, it's a keeper. :-)
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #61
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
My last bike was a CBR1000RR. I sold it shortly after my daughter was born and bought the Camaro as a "safer replacement". I really do miss riding and the bike community, but I have no regrets moving on. I'm sure I will eventually get back on 2 wheels.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:35 PM   #62
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
I bought my car as a surrogate for my R1.
Driving in LA is f’d on a sport bike. So yes…
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:56 PM   #63
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Interestingly, I did have an itch a few days back about getting a bike license to try it out. Then again, I don't exactly have the room for it, and having more insurance cost on top of what I pay for the car... Hmm...

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:48 AM   #64
My '19 RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS
Camaro vs Motorycle

I bought my camaro to replace my gixxer, but every time I sit on it, I change my mind. I try to convince myself how much I could pay down the car if I sold the bike, but it's hard to do. The bike is perfect for blowing off slow people in WV and squeezing in tight spots. Plus if I'm being biased, its a hot bike lol.
Attached Images

My '19 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #65
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgear View Post
I ride as well. Have a Kawasaki ZRX 1200, and a Husky TR 650. Since I got the Camaro (50th anniversary ss vert) I ride a lot less. If the weather is really hot I will just about always chose the Camaro, as I don't feel like getting geared up. Rather just jump into the car, shorts, t-shirt, sneakers.
As I get older, I am less likely to take off road chances on the Husky, proly sell it in a year or two. Never sell the ZRX, it's a keeper. :-)
Love the ZREX. Unique and classic Kawi.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #66
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
We've ridden over a quarter million miles on motorcycles since 2005, mostly 2-up with my wife. We've been to 39 states and Canada. A few years ago we got tired of dealing with "weather" on the bikes and decided to get a convertible. That's how we ended up with the Camaro!
I have no plans to stop riding but the Camaro is a nice option for fun days and road trips. We just returned from doing the Dragon in the car for the first time. (We've done it countless times on 8 motorcycles.) The wife and I love it and the Camaro rally we attended. It's nice to have options!
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #67
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
We've ridden over a quarter million miles on motorcycles since 2005, mostly 2-up with my wife. We've been to 39 states and Canada. A few years ago we got tired of dealing with "weather" on the bikes and decided to get a convertible. That's how we ended up with the Camaro!
I have no plans to stop riding but the Camaro is a nice option for fun days and road trips. We just returned from doing the Dragon in the car for the first time. (We've done it countless times on 8 motorcycles.) The wife and I love it and the Camaro rally we attended. It's nice to have options!
That man is LIVING!! It seems to be a common thing for bikers to phase into a convertible as a replacement. I will say that a motorcycle provides an experience that nothing else is able to provide; I know that I'm preaching to the choir (for us bikers) but I'm sure many will agree. I do enjoy a good convertible too, though. Must be nice to have the Dragon in your backyard.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #68
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
That man is LIVING!! It seems to be a common thing for bikers to phase into a convertible as a replacement. I will say that a motorcycle provides an experience that nothing else is able to provide; I know that I'm preaching to the choir (for us bikers) but I'm sure many will agree. I do enjoy a good convertible too, though. Must be nice to have the Dragon in your backyard.
Have to say I agree with that. I still need to get out there. Went for a nice ride yesterday. Found a few things I need to upgrade on my new to me '18 CVO Street Glide. Enjoyed the ride though.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:24 AM   #69
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Thank you! We just moved to TN last year after retirement, it was a 10-year plan. The Dragon is about 3 hours away, but the Snake (US421) is just a few miles away.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:32 AM   #70
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8

Picture of my FZ8
dray is offline   Reply With Quote