Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #1
caseyp

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
A10 2nd gear Launch

Has anyone had any luck getting their Zl1 A10 to launch from a dig in 2nd? My previous car was a 600 RWHP 2016 Camaro SS A8 and I could launch it in 2nd in manual mode on the street and it worked perfect stock TCM tune. Now I own a 2018 Zl1 A10 and can't get it to launch in 2nd stock TCM tune. Has anyone had any first hand experience getting their ZL1 to do this? Maybe by modifying the TCM tune? I'm planning a 750 RWHP build and 1st will be useless.

Also, I had the TUTD tables on my previous A8 modified with a "Roll race tune" so I could hold it in 2nd or 3rd manual mode and roll race and the car would upshift automatically without using the paddles or slap the shifter over to drive. Anyone know if this can be done with the 2018 A10 too?
caseyp is online now Report Post
caseyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
No not on stock TCM tune. I believe you set 2>1 to 0 in TUTD settings and yes the "Roll tune" should work as well.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
caseyp

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
No not on stock TCM tune. I believe you set 2>1 to 0 in TUTD settings and yes the "Roll tune" should work as well.
Thanks KingLT1. I guess I have 2 treads going on this topic as I wasn't sure where to post it. Do you or anyone else reading know what Andrew at CSP is doing to accomplish a full throttle first gear launch on run flats with 850 WRHP. He mentions traction management tuning. He discusses turning the power down in first gear, but there must be something to do with traction control and torque management in first gear as well. He has a couple videos on youtube discussing it.
caseyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #4
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyp View Post
Thanks KingLT1. I guess I have 2 treads going on this topic as I wasn't sure where to post it. Do you or anyone else reading know what Andrew at CSP is doing to accomplish a full throttle first gear launch on run flats with 850 WRHP. He mentions traction management tuning. He discusses turning the power down in first gear, but there must be something to do with traction control and torque management in first gear as well. He has a couple videos on youtube discussing it.
He talks about it, but doesn't go into detail. I'd sure like to see the tune.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyp View Post
Yea I watched those videos a long time ago. He definitely is using the traction control system to harness the power. I have not looked into doing that because it is a backwards approach. Imo all you are doing is adding power with mods then taking it away because of the limitations of run flat tires. So you are not really launching with 850whp. It's probably launching with 450wtq and then adding the power back in once it can get traction which is probably not till 80mph on run flats.

I prefer to run a tire that will put the power to the ground. Todays tire technology has come a long way and something like a Nitto 555r2 can be daily driven and still provide great street traction with decent tread life. With this tire you can probably launch from second gear with no traction control and you would be much faster then pulling half the power out of the car to launch on shitty run flat tires. jm2c
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote