Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-01-2018, 01:50 AM   #1
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
2014 DIC Estimated Remaining Fuel all over the place

So I've noticed and been told that from our 2014 2LS the ETA for fuel in the DIC is pretty off. At first it was on a road trip Arizona -> Texas and the DIC estimated 100 miles at a certain time into the drive and the nearest gas station was about 99 miles. About 50 miles in the DIC changes to ~20 which I thought to be a small hiccup but detour and refuel was done.

Now I started up the car for a ~10 mile grocery trip and it was at ~220 remaining fuel, I kept it on and watched while driving. It went down throughout the drive to ~200 at an unusual pace. I checked for any gas leaks but nothing and no gas smells during drive. Car's been driving normally and nothing above 50mph throughout the recent drive. I tried searching for anyone having this problem and am afraid it may be just me. Any advice and tips would be nice, I'm going to continue monitoring and keeping record of the trips and fuel remaining against the actual distance traveled. Probably gonna schedule an appointment at the dealer and see if they can find anything.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
I never look at it. I think its about 4.75 gallons a quarter tank. Figure out your gas mileage on the highway and you will know how far you can go. I go about 280-300 miles and fill up that leaves me about 1/4 tank left on the road.
I had my fuel sender get suck at the 3/4 point. It would start working after I burned about 3 more gallons. I never noticed it until I took a road trip 500 miles away. Did it every time I filled. The dealer replaced the sender under warranty.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dic, fuel, gas, remain