Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #15
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piasek View Post
Exactly, You can not clean the thermostat -it has to be changed for new one!
Also if You want to be 100% sure that it is problem that thermostat is blocked and it causing overheating - than take out thermostat, put the hoses back on the engine and start engine without thermostat.
Than You will have free liquid flow through whole system - so car will need longer time to heat the system but no possibility to overheat (if the problem is really thermostate). Also than You can drive the car till new thermostate came.

Off course, but like i said before, the mechanic told me that this car only have one thermostate and its blocked, that was why the water was not circulating and the hoses were inflated (see my first video)

Now the coolant flows through the hoses, after repair the thermostate (I think the mechanic repaired my thermosate because, i have to import all parts and take 12 or 15 days)..

Well the coolant flows ok now, but still overheating. Yesterday I used just 4 miles and started to warm up again.. He lacked aprox 1.5 or 1.7 liters of refrigerant..

I´m going to buy the two ebay thermostats, but I want to clarify my doubt, if the two thermostats are the same?

Now, im thinking it`s probably the radiator cap. When i load the refrigerant, after starting the engine, its begins to spit coolant trought the cap. I already bought a new cap on eBay, now I have to wait 12 days it to arrive.
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #16
Piasek

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformers
If the termostate is still on the car and it overheat constantly, I would personal take the termostat out and see if car will heat without it.
It is not even 1 hour work as there only 2 bolts which had to be removed, but could diagnoze if problem is there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloko View Post
Off course, but like i said before, the mechanic told me that this car only have one thermostate and its blocked, that was why the water was not circulating and the hoses were inflated (see my first video)

Now the coolant flows through the hoses, after repair the thermostate (I think the mechanic repaired my thermosate because, i have to import all parts and take 12 or 15 days)..

Well the coolant flows ok now, but still overheating. Yesterday I used just 4 miles and started to warm up again.. He lacked aprox 1.5 or 1.7 liters of refrigerant..

I´m going to buy the two ebay thermostats, but I want to clarify my doubt, if the two thermostats are the same?

Now, im thinking it`s probably the radiator cap. When i load the refrigerant, after starting the engine, its begins to spit coolant trought the cap. I already bought a new cap on eBay, now I have to wait 12 days it to arrive.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #17
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Yeah if the fans turn on, then the water isn't flowing. Do you have white smoke coming out of the exhaust?
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 PM   #18
moloko

This car its every day worst..

I started the engine, but the steering was very hard to move, why? I put reverse but i still hard. Then I turned off the engine and turn on again, still hard.. I put reverse again and worked, but why happened this?

Overheating and now steering wheel hard? OMG, i hate this car

Just watch the video

https://vid.me/JuJK
Old 06-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #19
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
This car its every day worst..

I started the engine, but the steering was very hard to move, why? I put reverse but i still hard. Then I turned off the engine and turn on again, still hard.. I put reverse again and worked, but why happened this?

Overheating and now steering wheel hard? OMG, i hate this car

Just watch the video

https://vid.me/JuJK
You blew a belt. That white mustache isn't because you blew a seal
Did you do it on porpise?
Old 06-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #20
CamaroFred

WET DREAM Kip Addotta It was April the 41st - it being a quadruple leap year - and I was driving in downtown Atlantis. My Barracuda was in the shop so I was driving a red Stingray, and it was overheating, so I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, okay?" While they were doing that I went across the street to the Oyster Bar - real dive. But I knew the owner, Gill, 'cause he used to play ball the Dolphins. I said, "HI,GILL!" - you have to yell, he's hard of herring. So I bellied up the sand bar, ordered a Rusty Snail, hold the grunion, with a peanut butter and jelly fish sandwich on the side, heavy on the maco. I was feeling good. I even dropped a sand dollar in the box for Jerry's Squids, for the halibut. Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were probably there to hear the Big Band sounds of Tommy Dorsil. He was rockin' the place with a very popular tuna: Salmon-chanted Evening and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers - probably there to see the bass player. Well, one of them was this cute little yellow tail, and she's givin' me the eye. So I figured this was my chance for a little fun - you know, piece of Pisces... but she said things I just couldn't fathom, she was too deep - seemed to be under a lot of pressure. And boy could she drink. She drank like a... she drank a lot. And then she gives me that same old line, "Not tonight, I gotta haddock." And she wasn't kiddin' either, 'cause in walked the biggest, meanest lookin' haddock I'd ever seen come down the pike. He was covered with muscles. He said, "Hey, shrimp, don't you come trollin' around here." I said, "Abalone, you're just bein' shelfish." Well, I could tell there was gonna be trouble and so could Gill 'cause he was already on the phone to the cods. The haddock hit me with a sucker punch. I landed him with a left hook. He eeled over. It was a fluke, but there he was lying on the deck flat as a mackerel. I said, "Forget the cods, Gill, this guy's gonna need a sturgeon." Well, the yellow tail was pretty impressed with the way I landed her boyfriend. She said, "Hey, big buoy, you're really a game fish. What's your name?" I said..., "Marlin." After that we had a whale of a time. I took her to dinner. I took her to dance. I even bought her a bouquet of flounders, on porpoise. And what did I get for my troubles? A case of the clams. (Contributed by George Smith - October 2003)
Old 06-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #21
moloko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
You blew a belt. That white mustache isn't because you blew a seal
Did you do it on porpise?
What? Man I`m having a lot of issues with this car, I´m not for jokes right now..
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #22
CamaroFred

Quote:
What? Man I`m having a lot of issues with this car, I´m not for jokes right now..
We all need a sense of humor some times.

Best way to live long. Now if you really want some funny stories I have some from a strip club or three. That could probably make your hair curl. Really are funny if you listen all the way through. Oh, God the skinney chick with no teeth...

So the belt on your steering is screwed up?
You need a special tool to replace it.
Napa can sell you the parts. You can order online over night.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:22 AM   #23
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Does the same belt spin the water pump? That would explain both of his problems.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 AM   #24
moloko

Now after more than 1 year my car overheating again, I hate the Car. I want to sell as soon as possible but with this f...cking problem I cant..

Yesterday in traffic, the coolant temperature start reaching again to 247 Fº and more.. No coolant leak
Old 12-05-2018, 05:43 AM   #25
moloko

Last year I changed..

- New Radiator
- New water Pump
- New Thermosthat
- New hoses
- New coolant
- Heating radiator eliminated

Thats solved my Overheating problems, but the car always reach in traffic to 228 Fº when the fan star kicks (yes kicks in 228 Fº) and later the car cools again to 200 Fº.

BUT yesterday the car reach again to 247 Fº in traffic and cant cool more. Starts problem again..
Old 12-05-2018, 06:58 AM   #26
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I think the problem is with your mechanic. These type of problems are not that complicated.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #27
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
In seems to me that mystery overheating at random times turns out to be blown head gasket, although I don't know why it would have went away for a year. Has there been a leak down test done on the cooling system?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #28
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Is the fan coming on? When the electric fan comes on, the coolant temps should go down.

Are you sure the mechanic bled the coolant system properly?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, hot, issue, overheating