Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #29
ohheyfay

Drives: SS Convertible
I am having the same problem and the dealership is giving me hell about it. I actually emailed them this post and they gave me the run around about not fixing what they can't recreate. It's been there for 17 days now and I'm sure they stopped working on it. They also didn't give me a loaner. I had to borrow and extra family care. The dealership said things like "we don't get paid to drive your car around" and "we don't make money when we can't find the problem." I'm horrified because it's under warranty. I'm at my wits end. I called the regional GM customer service number and she gave me a towing number to have it towed next time this happens. It's so frustrating.

My Camaro didn't produce any codes - if the code isn't there now, I assume it might only produce something when this happens again? Mine is infrequent but has happened 3 times in a year, the last of which was going 75 on the freeway.

What should I do if no codes are produced at the dealership? Side note, after sending them forums like this, they checked the ECM pins (none broken or disturbed).

Help!
ohheyfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #30
mingles

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
My wives 2012 SS is having the same issue. It has stalled out twice now in the past month. Once while reversing in the drive way and yesterday while taking off at a stop light. Will be taking into the Dealership on Friday.
mingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingles View Post
My wives 2012 SS is having the same issue. It has stalled out twice now in the past month. Once while reversing in the drive way and yesterday while taking off at a stop light. Will be taking into the Dealership on Friday.
mingles,

I do apologize to learn that your wife's SS is experiencing similar concerns. I would very much appreciate any updates you can provide. If additional assistance is needed, please feel free to send me a private message at your convenience.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #32
GDSPEED

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
I dont know if this is related in any way what so ever...but i noticed something last week when i was working on my car. I have a 2014 with dual mode exhaust and I was installing the M2W switch in the trunk fuse box. I went to start the car to try it out and after about 20-30 seconds the car shut off - on its own. I freaked out wondering why this would happen...I took a look and realized that I had forgot to re-connect the ground wire for the trunk fuse box. I connected it and the check engine light went off after the first drive.

Like i said, I have no idea if this has anything to do with the issues any of you are having but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure and double check that all the ground in your car are properly connected!
GDSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #33
Martika974

Drives: 2013 camaro
Unhappy Help

I own a 2013 Camaro I am extreamly concerned over car stalling. Two days ago the car stalled eleven times. I turned the car on and it stalled, put it in drive and did it again, it did it 3 times. I parked the car and tried starting it again and it turned on and as I drove away it stalled while I was driving. I parked the car for a few hours and while I drove it home it stalled 8 more times. I had it towed to the dealer and they called me yesterday and told me they put 30 miles on it and the car did not stall. I am terrified of getting the car back and them tell me that nothing is wrong, I do not feel safe driving it.sad0147:
Martika974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #34
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corine View Post
Hi I'm new here--

I purchased a very nice Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Camaro 2LT (automatic) about three weeks ago. Since then I've had the car's engine turn off 3 times while driving.

I don't lose power the radio stays on and the dash stays lit but the engine just dies. I've noticed that it usually happens when the car is cold.

The first time it happened I put the car in reverse to back out and then shifted to drive, the engine died.

Yesterday as I was reversing out of my driveway the engine died. I put the car in neutral and restarted and proceeded to drive back into the driveway the engine died again.

I restarted and called on-star to run a diagnosis they said all was fine.
I had it towed to the dealership but they're saying they won't be able to diagnose it until Monday. I'm a little concerned the dealership won't be able to recreate the issue since it happened first on 12/19, (I thought it was a fluke so I didn't take it to the dealership) and then didn't happen again until yesterday12/30.

Very concerned that this may happen when I'm on the free-way. Wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and if the dealer was able to resolve it? I took pictures and video when it happened yesterday. I can post if anyone is interested.
Corine,

Let the dealership take a look at it. Your black box should record everything that happens and they'll see it when they due a diagnostic. There's no way they can't see what's happening.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martika974 View Post
I own a 2013 Camaro I am extreamly concerned over car stalling. Two days ago the car stalled eleven times. I turned the car on and it stalled, put it in drive and did it again, it did it 3 times. I parked the car and tried starting it again and it turned on and as I drove away it stalled while I was driving. I parked the car for a few hours and while I drove it home it stalled 8 more times. I had it towed to the dealer and they called me yesterday and told me they put 30 miles on it and the car did not stall. I am terrified of getting the car back and them tell me that nothing is wrong, I do not feel safe driving it.sad0147:
My deepest apologies to read about this situation. I certainly understand your frustration and would like to assist. When you're able, please message me privately so we can discuss the matter further. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #36
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
So we have a case with a manual transmission AND a automatic? Can you tell us if your car is automatic Martika974?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #37
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
So we have a case with a manual transmission AND a automatic? Can you tell us if your car is automatic Martika974?
If it's manual then this is almost surely user error...

No reason for an automatic to stall, that's a bigger issue.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #38
Martika974

Drives: 2013 camaro
Stalls while driving

My camaro has an automatic transmission when it stalls the radio also stays on. The dealership kept it for days and was unable to duplicate the symptom and I was asked to pic it up with no explanation to what is wrong with it. I am terrified of it happening again and not feeling safe driving it.
Martika974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #39
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
2010 2LT M6... Having the same issues... But here's a little background and I already have a case open with GM...

Well, my cars doing the same thing...

1st the dealer replaced the ecu/ecm...I'm thinking this was just a quick fix or easy way out.
2nd from them choosing this route my engine over heats due to coolant not getting into the pocket correctly and blew two head gaskets internals took a crap and had shavings in the oil pan... Long story short they replaced the engine with a new long block...with this choice from them I agreed of course, but when I get my car back read over the service papers I notice they reused some parts, intake manifold injectors and some others not listed or even told to me...
At first I thought nothing of it cars running fine, its been only two days mind you, from getting the car back from the dealer after getting the new engine in, and I'm going 45mph on a residential street... And low and behold engine takes a poo on me, lights still on inside radio and all I notice the engine light....I call the dealer immediately...

Cars in the shop now, they data logged and saw a few codes, they try a reflash, see the same codes, I'm guessing something dealing with the injectors because that's what their changing now...

But my deal is just this... If they were to truly find the root cause of the (electrical/wiring/technical side of things, they wouldn't of replaced the ECU, the engine would not have blew up, and it wouldn't be in the shop now...

I mean really...reusing the wiring and injectors from what was ready on the car, should be a no brainer, theres an electrical malfunction or something...its happening all across the models, automatic and manuals...

If its a recall just claim it, make it easier on everyone, gm/Chevy and the customers, I mean save lives for this could be very dangerous...

Now it me since why you see so many totaled camaros...

Not because of the drivers they're modifications or anything... Just simply a recall not being address...

Last edited by OfficiallyTook; 01-29-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: edit
OfficiallyTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #40
Drperrin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL526 View Post
I have 2011 Camaro 2LT RS and the engine was shut off while I was driving twice and was stuck in the middle of the road for good 5 minutes and the engine decided to work again. I took it to the dealership and now waiting for them to run the diagnostic test on the car and see what is the problem.
I have a 20111 Camaro RS as well. about 6 weeks ago car suddenly shut off when I put into drive, started right back up and all was fine. couple weeks later happened again, took about 3-4 start ups/retries before I could go into drive without car shutting down. during this time my average gas mileage went from 18.2 down to 15.8.
Then my check engine light came on........car driving fine
Used at home code checker and 6 misfire codes came up
Yesterday driving about 20-30 mph and car totally shut down, after I was safely off road, I attempted to start again and it started right back up- took it home and now scared to drive.
thought it could have been the recall on the ignition but jostled my keys A LOT and car did not turn off (plus that wouldn't throw a code or 6)
Thinking fuel pump........bad gas (perhaps sand that remained in tank all this time???)
Thoughts?
Drperrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #41
Drperrin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drperrin View Post
I have a 20111 Camaro RS as well. about 6 weeks ago car suddenly shut off when I put into drive, started right back up and all was fine. couple weeks later happened again, took about 3-4 start ups/retries before I could go into drive without car shutting down. during this time my average gas mileage went from 18.2 down to 15.8.
Then my check engine light came on........car driving fine
Used at home code checker and 6 misfire codes came up
Yesterday driving about 20-30 mph and car totally shut down, after I was safely off road, I attempted to start again and it started right back up- took it home and now scared to drive.
thought it could have been the recall on the ignition but jostled my keys A LOT and car did not turn off (plus that wouldn't throw a code or 6)
Thinking fuel pump........bad gas (perhaps sand that remained in tank all this time???)
Thoughts?
Just heard back from dealership. Timing chain is shot but luckily covered under power train warranty but also at least two fuel injectors need replaced, possibly 4. #4 & 6 are definitely bad but #3 &5 possibly bad. Showing misfire but not throwing code. mechanic not sure if they are going bad or just showing misfire because of timing chain issue
QUESTION: What would make a car with only 54K miles have bad fuel injectors? Would that have been caused by the timing chain? Talking with people who say there is NO way I should need fuel injectors with 54K miles! HELP!

Last edited by Drperrin; 03-16-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Drperrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #42
Anna_Keyee

Drives: 2013 Ford Expedition
Do you lose power, or is it just the engine?

You could have a worn out ignition. Or a bad fuel pump. The security features may even be messing with it.

sometimes the most likely is the fuel pump also, which doesn't set a code when it fails. I have had two other vehicles, most recently a 2003 Ranger that did the same thing, randomly dying, but would start back up until eventually it stayed dead. The new fuel pump solved the problem.
Anna_Keyee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2lt rs, dies, driving, engine